It's Finally Done

Everything Happens For A Reason

 

My mother turned around to me and smiled. I can see that she was really happy to see me but she needs to cut the crap.

“Don’t do this anymore mother,” I said to her putting my cold tone of voice.

“Do what?” she asked me leaving her clueless.

She’s playing dumb I guess. I stood up from where I was sitting and go around her.

“I know you’re intentions mother. You want me home to follow your plans. But that’s not going to happen anymore,” I told her as I stopped from walking around her.

“But this is for your own good darling,” she said as she went near me.

I took a step backwards and she stopped from getting near me.

“Good for me or good for you?” I asked her.

“It’s for you darling,” she laughed.

“If what you are doing is for me then you wouldn’t take my happiness away from me,” I told her straight.

“But I didn’t, did I?” she smirked at me.

“Yes, you did! I know what you did mother, setting me up with Taemin asking him to have with me. What kind of mother are you!” I shouted to her face.

“I-I don’t know what you’re talking about,” she turned away from me and avoided my gaze.

“If you really love me, you wouldn’t do this to me,” I said to her as I started to cry.

“I do love you and I want you to be happy dear,” she sympathized with me.

“If you do, then set me free. Let me do what I want. Let me have plans for myself,” I asked her.

“But if I do, I’ll lose you like the way I’ve lost your sister,” she said trying to please me.

“Well that’s because you’re gripping her tightly she wanna break loose. We’re not kids anymore. We know what we want to do with our lives. We don’t want to get married at a young age; we don’t want to marry someone we don’t even love. We’re not doing it because of money mother. We’re doing what we want because that’s our passion and that’s what our hearts want to be. The same way you take care of our business. You have passion over it and you don’t want to lose it. You love the business so much that’s why you spend more time in your office than being with your family and I get that. Therese unni loves being a fashion designer that’s why she’s at the top of the fashion industry in the whole world. Aren’t you proud of her? Now, she’s travelling the whole world just to sell and let the world see what she’d done. That’s why she left home because if she stayed, she knew that you wouldn’t let her do what she wants. She followed her heart mother. Why not give everybody a chance. If you really trust me, you’ll let me go,” I told her.

 

(MR. MCGOWELL’S POINT OF VIEW)

            I was on my study room when I heard Lilian’s voice.

“Beatrice darling, you’re here?” Lilian said.

I heard her footsteps going downstairs.

“Oh, I’m so glad you came back for us,” Lilian said.

“I didn’t come back here because of you mother,” I heard my daughter’s voice, Beatrice said. “Don’t do this anymore mother.”

“Do what?” Lilian said.

I went out of my study room to see what had been going on. I saw Beatrice home and Lilian downstairs and they were talking.

“I know you’re intentions mother. You want me home to follow your plans. But that’s not going to happen anymore,” Beatrice said as she stopped from walking around her.

“But this is for your own good darling,” Lilian said as she went near Beatrice.

Beatrice took a step backwards and Lilian stopped from getting near her.

“Good for me or good for you?” Beatrice asked her mother.

“It’s for you darling,” Lilian laughed.

“If what you are doing is for me then you wouldn’t take my happiness away from me,” Beatrice told Lilian straight.

“But I didn’t, did I?” Lilian smirked at Beatrice.

“Yes, you did! I know what you did mother, setting me up with Taemin asking him to have with me. What kind of mother are you!” Beatrice shouted to Lilian’s face.

I was shocked to hear from my daughter that my wife did something terrible just for the sake of reputation. I knew that I had to take action to this but I don’t know what to do.

“I-I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Lilian turned away from Beatrice and avoided Beatrice’s gaze.

“If you really love me, you wouldn’t do this to me,” Beatrice said to her mother as she started to cry.

“I do love you and I want you to be happy dear,” Lilian sympathized with her.

“If you do, then set me free. Let me do what I want. Let me have plans for myself,” Beatrice pleaded her mother.

“But if I do, I’ll lose you like the way I’ve lost your sister,” Lilian said trying to please Beatrice.

“Well that’s because you’re gripping her tightly she wanna break loose. We’re not kids anymore. We know what we want to do with our lives. We don’t want to get married at a young age; we don’t want to marry someone we don’t even love. We’re not doing it because of money mother. We’re doing what we want because that’s our passion and that’s what our hearts want to be. The same way you take care of our business. You have passion over it and you don’t want to lose it. You love the business so much that’s why you spend more time in your office than being with your family and I get that. Therese unni loves being a fashion designer that’s why she’s at the top of the fashion industry in the whole world. Aren’t you proud of her? Now, she’s travelling the whole world just to sell and let the world see what she’d done. That’s why she left home because if she stayed, she knew that you wouldn’t let her do what she wants. She followed her heart mother. Why not give everybody a chance. If you really trust me, you’ll let me go,” Beatrice told her mother.

 

 “You're daughter’s right Lilian. Therese wanted to be a fashion designer but you didn’t let her so she ran away from us just to pursue what she wanted to do,” I said as I started to get down from where I was seeing them.

“So you knew all along that our daughter rebelled?” Lilian said.

“That’s not rebellion Lilian. It’s called following your dreams. Didn’t you want to have business when we’re planning one? Did I ever stop you? Did I ever say that I was against your will? No! Because I supported you. Because I love you and I don’t want to lose you! You should also do that. Beatrice is right. They’re not kids anymore. They’re growing up! If they want to follow their dreams, let them be. We should let them grow without us always watching them. When the time comes, they’ll come back to us and we’ll see them succeed,” I told her.

“But…”

“No buts Lilian and that’s final! I’ll say what I want from now on!” I shouted at my wife as I cut her.

I looked at Beatrice and held her shoulders.

“Do what you want dear. If that’s what your heart wants, then pursue it. I’ll support you. If you fail, never give up! Instead give it a try again and stand up. Things will be fine. You’re a strong young woman. Opening up something is a brave act,” I said to my daughter and kissed her forehead.

“Thank you dad,” Beatrice said with teary eyes and hugged me.

Therese was right. I should take action. That’s why I’m starting it right now. My daughters gave me hope and strength to continue and to be a good father for them. They taught me a lot of things. If it wasn’t for both of them, I’ll not be a better father for them. They accepted me for who I am and they opened my mind. They let me see things that I should be seeing before. They gave me wisdom and knowledge to know things that a parent never knew before.

I know that my children will grow even more and will bloom as the most beautiful flowers that people haven’t seen before. They’ll touch and make people move by their beauty. That’s why I believe in them.

 

(THERESE'S POINT OF VIEW)

            “Do you think she’s gonna come back unni?” Sakura asked.

We’ve been up until midnight since all of us were worried about Beatrice. I was really worried about my sister. She’s the only person I could trust and the last person I’ve got that was giving me strength.

“Maybe we should all take some sleep. All of us are tired and all of you still have classes tomorrow,” I told them.

“I want to stay up and find more results,” Baek Hyun said almost closing his eyes.

Baek Hee was already asleep. Taemin was also waiting for some news about Beatrice.

“Baek Hyun, you’re gonna pass out. Go sleep. I’ll inform you in the morning,” I told him.

“Ara unni…” he said and went to his bedroom.

“I’ll just make some coffee,” Taemin said as he stood up.

“Taemin ah,” I said to him and he looked at me. “You do believe in her right?”

“I never doubted her unni. Like Baek Hyun hyung said, she’s as precious as a diamond,” he smiled at me and went to the kitchen to make some coffee.

She’s everyone’s hope. Everybody treasured her. No wonder she gained too much friends and that never forgets her.

 

(BEATRICE'S/ERICH'S POINT OF VIEW)

I took the first flight going to Seoul, Korea the next morning. Dad was happy to see me off the house while mother was crying since that was the first time she saw me again for the last five years. I was happy that mother understood our situations.

She didn’t push me to marry Taemin anymore. She said that it was up to me. I was glad. Now I can go pursue what I want without anybody holding me back.

It took hours to reach Korea. I got back home and unpack my things. I was tired so I slept for a while. It was one in the afternoon when slept.

I woke up at seven in the evening and no one’s still home. So I cooked something for dinner and lots of it. I was really happy to be home.

“Maybe sometime you should go date some chick,” I heard Kai’s voice from the front door.

“Who just came in the house?” Jonghyun asked.

“Hhhmmm… Smells good,” Minho said.

“Who’s cooking?” Key asked.

“I am,” I said I showed up from the kitchen.

They all looked at me and were all shocked to see me.

“What’s this? Have you seen a monster or something?” I asked while laughing since their looks were really funny.

“Unni, you came back?!” Baek Hee was the first one to greet me.

I bent down and hugged her.

“Did you miss unni?” I asked Baek Hee and she nodded. “I was just gone for not more that twenty four hours and yet you miss me already? Unbelievable,” I said and kissed her on her cheek.

I stood up and smiled in front of them.

“I’m home,” I said and they started to hug me.

“You little rascal, you left without saying anything,” Key said while hugging me.

“We missed you even though you just left for a day,” Minho said.

“Mianhae if I made everyone worried. I had to do what I gotta do,” I told them.

I saw Taemin and Baek Hyun came in the house from the front door. All of them stopped hugging me and as they looked at my way, they were surprised to see me.

“Mianhae,” I said to Taemin and Baek Hyun and went towards them to hug them.

“You’re home,” Taemin said as he hugged me back.

Baek Hyun just went to his room and didn’t hug me. I followed him to his bed room and approached him.

“What’s wrong? Aren’t you happy to see me?” I asked him.

“You left and making all of us worry what do you think would I feel?” Baek Hyun shouted.

 

(TAEMIN’S POINT OF VIEW)

“You left and making all of us worry what do you think would I feel?” Baek Hyun hyung shouted.

“What’s that for?” Key umma asked.

“Why is hyung shouting?” Kai asked.

“Probably he’s angry about Beatrice leaving without saying a word,” I told them.

“But she came safe didn’t she?” Jonghyun hyung asked.

“Ne…he’s just worried about her,” I told them and went to the dining area to eat.

“Let’s eat,” Chan Yeol hyung said.

We heard the front door opened and took a look to know who it was.

“Hey any news about her?” Therese unni asked as she came in.

“She’s home unni. But you can hug her later,” Minho said.

“Wae?” Therese unni asked.

All of them pointed to Baek Hyun hyung’s bedroom. Therese unni was puzzled.

 

(BAEK HYUN’S POINT OF VIEW)

“What’s wrong? Aren’t you happy to see me?” Beatrice asked me nicely and calm.

“You left and making all of us worry what do you think would I feel?” I shouted.

“Mianhae Baek Hyun ah,” she said as she got closer to me. “But everything’s fine now.” she smiled at me.

I kissed her and I knew that she’d be surprised. I laid her down to my bed and pinned her arms aggressively. I went on top of her and kissed her again. I pressed my lips onto her as hard as I could. I couldn’t resist it since she had warm and soft lips.

“You cruel girl,” I looked into her eyes and smiled. “Being so reckless and impulsive all the time.”

She just giggled and I kissed her again. I couldn’t stop kissing her because I missed her so much even though she just left for a day.

I touched her face and moved out on top of her so she could get up from my bed. She hugged me and I hugged her back.

“Please don’t do it again,” I asked her.

“I won't,” she looked at me and gave me a warm smile. “You should eat since you’re already hungry.”

She was right because my stomach was actually growling already. We both went out my room and headed to the dining area.

 

“How’s my little sister?” Therese unni said and hugged Beatrice.

“Mom and dad wanted you to come home as early as possible unni,” she smiled to unni.

“What’s with the sudden atmosphere?” Therese unni widened her eyes.

“Everything’s gonna change now. They missed you,” Beatrice told her unni.

“Speaking of change, we won't be around by the end of March,” Key reminded us.

“I won't be here too since I have to leave for tour tomorrow,” Therese unni said.

“Looks like Baek Hee and I would be left here all alone,” I said with a sad but happy look.

“We’ll definitely come back. Just wait for us,” Taemin stood up and gave me a hug.

 

(BEATRICE'S/ERICH'S POINT OF VIEW)

It was the start of rehearsals for our musical in school. I got the lead role and Baek Hee was with me all the time since she had no one to be with.

“Ok, cue!” our director said.

Days passed too quickly. The idols weren’t with me anymore as March came. I kept rehearsing for the musical since it was going to be shown by May this year.

I kept my studies up and made myself busy since I have no one to talk to but Baek Hee. Baek Hee always asked me if her hyung will come home anytime. I just always said that he will and she shouldn’t cry about it.

The musical was perfect. I graduated from college and got an honor. Time passed really quickly. I took care of Baek Hee for two years. I got a job on a theatre company. I am an actor there. I worked in the evening and took care of Baek Hee in the morning.

Baek Hee was a second year high school already. I always helped her in her assignments and studies. I was always on the rooftop to see the stars at night. They kept me warm and kept my hopes as well.

I felt a hand on my waist and got shocked. I didn’t bother to look since I felt a warm breath on my neck.

“Did you miss me?” I heard Taemin’s voice and felt happy.

They’re home. I turned around as his hands were still on my waist. I gave him a warm smile and put my hands on his chest.

“It must be hard for you to be alone for the two whole years,” Taemin said as he touched my face.

“Ani… Baek Hee kept me companied,” I said.

He looked into my eyes going to my lips and moved his head to kiss me. It’s been a while since I haven’t felt his soft, warm pink lips. I hugged him after kissing me.

“Looks like you really missed me,” he blabbered.

“You’re not the only one of course,” I said as I moved away from him and went down stairs.

As I got down from the rooftop, I went to the living room and saw all of them. I was really happy that this home has finally become a home again.

Baek Hyun suddenly appeared in front of me and I got surprised but I smiled. He also smiled and unexpectedly pulled me towards him and kissed me.

“I missed my diamond so much,” he said as he hugged me.

“Yah! Stop the skinship,” Taemin got jealous.

“Wae? She’s my girlfriend you know,” Baek Hyun hugged even tighter.

“Well she’s also my girlfriend,” Taemin said as he tried to pull me way from Baek Hyun.

“Yah, you gotta pick from us right now!” they said to me as they formed a line in front of me.

I just giggled from how they were acting right now. Someone opened the front door, as I looked on the front door; I saw unni and ran towards her to hug her.

“Looks like I left you for a long time haven’t I?” unni asked.

“Ani…I just missed you so much,” I told her.

“Beatrice, you gotta pick from us right now!” Baek Hyun said.

“It’s me or hyung? I definitely know that you’re gonna pick me,” Taemin said confidently.

“How can you be so sure about that when she’s gonna pick me first?” Baek Hyun boasted.

“Looks like you’ll be trap by them forever,” Therese unni said to me.