Confessions

Everything Happens For A Reason

 

“After that, I didn’t bother talking to him,” my tears continued to fall from my cheeks. “That’s all I knew. I don’t know his side since I never asked him about it but I was sure that I was worried about him that day because he looked terrified and frightened.”

“Maybe it’s already time for both of you to talk about that matter,” unni said.

“I don’t know. I’m not ready yet,” I said.

“But you said yes last night?” she looked at me.

“Said yes last night? What do you mean?” I asked her confusingly.

“We talked on phone while you were in the bathroom and you said you’ll talk to Taemin tomorrow,” she explained.

“Oh…I almost forgot that,” I suddenly remembered. “But I don’t think I can do it.”

“I came home last night from our house,” she informed me.

“So?” I said.

“Mom’s looking for you and she’ll do everything to have you back,” she said.

I started trembling from the moment that my sister mentioned my mother wanted to have me back. She came near to me and hugged me.

“I know…I won't let it happen,” she said and tapped my head.

“I’m not afraid of mother. I’m afraid that she’ll take all of you away from me just to have me on her side,” I looked at her and wiped my tears. “Have you found Baek Hee yet?”

“Ne, she’ll be here in an hour,” she told me as she checked her watch. “I have to go fetch her from the airport.”

“Let her stay here. I’ll cover for her,” I told her and she left.

I’ve just waited in my dorm for hours for Baek Hyun to come home. I checked the clock and it’ll strike nine in the evening already. Therese unni isn’t coming yet. But I suddenly heard a knock from the door. I looked at the camera and saw Baek Hee outside with a luggage. I opened the door and let her in.

“Nuguseyo unni?” she asked me.

“I’m a friend of Baek Hyun oppa,” I lied to her.

“I’m home Be…” as he turned around, he saw Baek Hee. “What is my sister doing here?” he asked me looking terrified.

“Therese unni dropped her off here because I said so,” I told him.

“Mwo?” she mumbled. “Hyung, who is she?” she asked.

“Looks like I’ve completed my mission already,” I murmured.

“What mission?” Baek Hyun dragged me so her sister wouldn’t hear us.

“I have to take her here before my mother takes her and use her against me,” I whispered to him.

“Oh I see…But next time, don’t surprise me like this,” he gripped on my arm.

“Ara…” I said to him and shook my arm so he would remove his hand.

“What is your relationship with her hyung?” she asked Baek Hyun and I just giggled. “Neo…geu-nyeo johahae?”

“Ne…nan geu-nyeol johahae… aish… you little brat,” he got irritated from confessing.

“Keopta,” I chuckled.

“Is she your girlfriend, hyung?” Baek Hee asked curiously.

“Ani…”

“Ne…” we said at the same time.

“Who’s telling the truth and who’s not?” she asked and we both pointed at each other.

“If she’s your girlfriend hyung, then kiss her in front of me,” Baek Hee insisted.

“Mwo?!” we said on cue.

“If you don’t then it means you’re lying,” Baek Hee said.

 

(BAEK HYUN’S POINT OF VIEW)

“If you don’t then it means you’re lying,” Baek Hee said.

“Ara I’ll do it!” I blurted out.

“Mwo?! You can't do this Baek Hyun. Yah Baek Hyun!” Beatrice shouted at me as I came closer to her.

“We have to do it or else, she’ll leave,” I whispered on her other ear where Baek Hee won't see me talking to her.

“So what?” Baek Hee said losing her patience.

Beatrice touched my face and kissed me. She initiated to kiss me so Baek Hee wouldn’t suspect. It was more than five seconds of kissing. She became my first kiss from that moment. At least the girl I liked kissed me just to pretend that she’s my girlfriend in front of my sister.

“Do you believe me now?” I asked Baek Hee as I departed my lips from Beatrice’s.

“What about Beatrice unni?” she asked looking sad.

“Beatrice unni has a boyfriend you know,” I told her as I tapped her head.

“But I want you to be her boyfriend,” Baek Hee pouted her lips.

“I also wanted to be her boyfriend but she liked somebody else,” I knelt down to wipe the fallen tears from her face.

She hugged me and I comforted her. My sister loved Beatrice so much and so am I. But I can't love her anymore since she’s gonna marry Taemin anyway.

 

(BEATRICE’S/ERICH'S POINT OF VIEW)

“But I want you to be her boyfriend,” Baek Hee pouted her lips.

“I also wanted to be her boyfriend but she liked somebody else,” Baek Hyun knelt down to wiped the fallen tears from her face.

I can't believe that she liked me so much. Why didn’t he tell me in the first place when I didn’t still meet Taemin? He really has cold feet. I went off the dorm and went to the rooftop to relax and to have some fresh air. After a while, I dialed unni’s number and called it.

“Wae Beatrice?” she asked after answering the phone.

“Cancel my meeting with Taemin. I want to figure out something else,” I said and hung up.

“So you’re here?” I heard Baek Hyun’s voice and I looked at my back.

“Huh…ne…” I said and turned again to the city light.

“Yeppeo…” he said as he saw the city light.

“Ne…” I said as I looked on my feet. “How’s Baek Hee?”

“She’s sleeping already on my bed. She’s so tired. She misses you,” Baek Hyun said as he looked at me.

“I know…” I said and we fell into silence for a moment. “What you said before to her. Did you mean it?” I asked breaking the silence between us.

“Ahh… the one that I said that I also want to be your boyfriend?” he asked me and I nodded. “Ne…I’m really serious about that before but you’re already engaged to someone else.”

“Before I met Taemin, it just so happened that I liked you back then,” I confessed while looking at the stars.

He looked at me as I looked at him and I just smiled.

“I was just waiting for you to make a move. But you didn’t make a move. I thought that you didn’t like me so I didn’t keep my hopes up,” I chuckled. “When Taemin came, I thought you’d be jealous so I kept pushing him away just for you. But you said something to me back then. Do you still remember it?” I asked him.

“Ne… I said that don’t push him away. He likes you. You’ll be happy when you get the chance to know him,” Baek Hyun smirked.

“From that moment, little by little, I learned to like Taemin and it turned out that I loved him after knowing him for real. You were right about him. I became happy with him. But did you even realize that you’ve hurt me from the moment you uttered those words?” I laughed off while tears fell from my cheeks already.

“I was hurt back then actually as I utter those words. It was my biggest mistake pushing you away from me,” he confessed.

“Gomawo…” I said and hugged him tight.

As I let him go, he wiped my tears away and kissed me for real. My tears started to fall again from my cheeks. I didn’t let that chance to slip away again. I grabbed him and I kissed him back. I still love him. But I remembered something and stopped kissing him.

“What is it?” he whispered to my ear.

“I can't do this,” I told him and walked away from him.

He held my hand and didn’t let go of it. He gave me a back hug and kissed my neck.

“Saranghae,” he mumbled as I felt his warm breath on my neck.

“Nado saranghaeyo, but I can't do this,” I said to him with pleading eyes.

“You still love him don’t you?” he asked me as he held my hands.

I nodded and touched his face. I know that it’ll be complicated for me to be in this kind of situation.

“Let me take you away from him for a while,” he kissed my forehead.

“What do you mean?” I asked with a worried face.

“Allow me to be your pass by boyfriend. When the time comes, I’ll let you go and be with him again,” he kissed me again.

I couldn’t resist him anymore. I want to disagree but I really do love him. I really don’t want this moment to pass. I held him as tight as possible. He held my hand and kissed them. I’m happy that we both knew the truth before it became too late for both of us. It was a relief.

 

I woke up early the next morning and prepared breakfast.

“Good morning my dear diamond,” Baek Hyun whispered to my ear as he hugged me from the back.

“Good morning to you too,” I looked at him and we kissed each other.

I went to the bathroom and took a bath already. As I went out, Baek Hyun went in next while Baek Hee was already up on the table eating her food.

“Good morning,” I greeted.

“Who cooked the food unni? It’s so delicious,” she asked happily.

“I did,” I said as I fixed her hair.

“You’re ready to be a wife for my brother, I see…” she teased.

“Ani, you’re brother will do the things he wanted to do before getting married to the girl he likes,” I said to her.

“You look like Beatrice unni, unni.  No wonder my brother likes you and asked you to be his girlfriend,” she joked.

“Chew your food slowly arasso,” I chuckled.

I changed my clothes. I wore my sports bra and lose jogging pants with a top of jacket all over my upper body. I also wore my brown contact lenses and glasses and tied my hair. As I turned around, I laughed since Baek Hee was shocked to see me on nerdy clothes. As Baek Hyun got out of the bathroom, I quickly turned around because I might be tempted to see his hot body.

I got my bag and went out of the dorm already.

 

(BAEK HYUN’S POINT OF VIEW)

Beatrice turned around as I went out of the bathroom. I just smirked and put on my clothes.

“Baek Hee, don’t go anywhere arasso? Don’t let anyone in unless someone you knew arasso?” I reminded my sister.

“Ne hyung,” she answered.

“I’ll be going now,” I said as I grabbed my bag.

I looked at my sister again and remembered what I have to remind her.

“Don’t let Beatrice unni’s mother or guards come here arasso? If you do let them in, she’ll get in danger,” then I went out of the room.

I went to school and caught up to where Beatrice was. Our first class was History and I made in time before the bell rang.