The First Meeting

Everything Happens For A Reason

 

I was Leila Mionnette Beatrice McGowell, the once youngest daughter of the family McGowell who owned the biggest business in the world, the Russell Corporation and a super model of Mystique’s dresses.

I ran away from home because of my mother. It’s been five years since I started as a working student. Studying in the morning and working at night, my life was a complete mess. I was a rich person and I changed my name and my looks so people won’t recognize me. Now, I go by the name of Erich Rheine, an unfashionable girl who wears glasses and never wear skirts and fitted outfits.

I am studying at St. Michael’s University in Seoul, Korea, taking up a degree in performing arts. Life as a third year college was very peaceful. I get to do what I want without anybody telling me otherwise. I packed my things and stood up to go the next class.

“Have you heard? The SHINee and EXO–K are coming here,” a girl giggled.

“Are they transferring here?” her friend asked.

“Oh dear,” I thought and sighed.

“OMG, they’re coming,” a girl shouted across the hall.

Everybody went near the idols to take a closer look. The girls started to scream as they saw the EXO–K members and the SHINee passing by the hall, classroom by classroom. A lot of them are taking pictures. That always happens. I tried to get pass the crowd when I felt a hard bump. My things scattered on the floor. As I pick my things, a hand grabbed my papers and pens on the floor.

“Gwenchana?” a familiar voice asked.

My glasses suddenly fell from my face. I quickly picked it up and wore it. Not looking at one of the idols’ face for fear of recognition, I reached for my things while lowering my head.

“Uh,” I answered.

“Leave her Minho hyung,” the guy leading the group said.

I quickly gathered the rest of my things. I stood up and walked away in a different direction. I looked back and saw at the corner of my eye that the idol went back to his group. My heart was racing; I could feel blood pumping in my head.

“Thank God Minho did not recognize me,” I thought and took a deep breath.

I headed to the university garden while my head was lowered. My things were scattered again as I felt a hard thud. Why am I so unlucky today? I quickly gathered my stuff and stood up. I sighed and looked at the guy who bumped. What a jerk! He just kept on walking.

“Mianhae, are you alright agassi?” a young man asked me.

I nodded and started walking again.

 

The university garden is at the back of the school. It gives me peace and relaxation. I really don’t know what to do. I still have classes. Our first period just ended and I still have one more subject. Gosh! Why does this always happen to me? Of all the days, it has to be Monday? Why?

 

I took a deep breath and went to my next class, Theatre. It’s always held at the theatre studio. I seated at the back and opened my book. I heard my professor spoke followed by screams and giggles made by the girls in the class. I look up front. Oh dear, I am so dead. I think I’m gonna lose it.

“Ok class, these are your new classmates. Mr. Choi Minho, Lee Taemin, Kim Jong In (Kai) and Byun Baek Hyun,” our professor said.

Minho and Baek Hyun were just smiling while Taemin and Kai were laughing at the girls’ reaction.

“Please take your seat over there, at the back, with Ms. Rheine,” the professor said.

Oh no! No, no, no! This can’t be happening. Four vacant seats? I face palmed myself and started to bow my head.

“A girl is surrounded by four handsome boys like us,” Taemin started and Kai laughed.

“Just take your seats,” Minho spoiled his fun.

He was annoyed and just took his seat. What do I do? I hope they do not recognize me. I can feel my whole body froze. I can’t get out of my seat. I tried very hard to listen to the lecture. Our professor is discussing the new acting project that we will do. I need to focus.

“Now, you have to group yourselves into three members. Two girls and one boy only. Our topic would be an affair. One girl would be the original wife or girlfriend and the other was just a third party. You have to be cruel and make it real. But the excitement in this act is that the guy would be the one to blame and he needs to be punished. You’re grade is at stake here so do your best. Is it clear?” the professor said.

I am so dead! My heart is beating hard again. I face palmed myself again and started to ruin my hair because of this problem.

“The boys will be the ones who will choose their members,” he added.

“Great! That’s so great!”I whispered and the idols looked at me.

I hoped that they didn’t hear me but as I looked, I suddenly froze. They were looking at me.

The boys stood up and picked their members. I saw Kai with the flirty ones and so was Taemin. Baek Hyun chose me. Of all the girls to be chosen, I was grouped with Shaira. She hates me. She always gets me in trouble. Just my luck! She’ll definitely enjoy this. Minho picked two girls who were decent and nice looking.

“Now that you’ve picked your members, you have a week to rehearse that and you’ll be performing that here on stage. Do you have any questions?” our professor asked.

“None,” they all said.

“I am so dead… so dead…” I covered myself while I’m frowning.

“Wae? Is there a problem?” Baek Hyun asked as he heard what I just said.

“A-ani…” I said and quickly get out of my seat.

“What’s this? A nerd girl?” Taemin said as he held my wrist.

I removed my wrist from him but I bumped on Kai as I tried to walk away from him.

“Do we have to play her?” Kai asked as he smirked.

“Just let her go,” Baek Hyun said and let me go.