formal

30 Days Writing Challenge

 

Sehun had always been apprehensive of everyone’s presence. Not that he disliked having accompanied, but he was just not much of a social butterfly, that every time he talked to anyone, the conversation would most likely turn out awkward.

Not to mention his tendency to use formal speech all the time, which annoyed the hell out of Chanyeol.

Chanyeol himself didn’t know why he always felt so annoyed whenever Sehun would call him with honorifics ‘-sshi’ instead of ‘hyung’, he just knew he was. And he was really determined to change it.

That particular day, Chanyeol was strolling casually to the dance studio, when he heard a faint beat of hip hop music. It was still rather early to start practicing, and he was sure he was the first trainee to arrive at the SM building.

“Maybe teacher?” he wondered aloud. The door was opened slightly, letting him to peek through the crack.

He was surprised to see it wasn’t the dance teacher. It was a fellow trainee, none other than Sehun himself.

Sure, he’d seen the boy dance for so many times, but it was the first time he saw him dancing alone, and the routine was something he had never seen before, he didn’t realize his mouth turned agape looking at the younger boy, moving rhythmically in a fluid motion, blending effortlessly with the music, and never had he seen such movements from Sehun. It was just so amazing to Chanyeol, that when the music ended, he had clapped vigorously from his spot.

And of course, Sehun noticed the clapping sound since the music had ceased into silence. Chanyeol decided to just make his presence known to the younger boy.

“T-that was really good, Sehun-ah.”

“Really? Thank you so much, Chanyeol-sshi.” He bowed to the elder meekly.

And upon realization of such formal honorifics, Chanyeol felt a tinge of annoyance again.

“You know what,” he approached Sehun, beckoning him to stop bowing to him. “You should stop talking to me so formally. We’ve known each other for almost a year already, so we should’ve gone past that awkward phase.”

“Oh.” That was the only word coming out of the younger’s mouth after that. “I’m sorry, I just want to make it comfortable…”

“But it’s not comfortable when we’ve known each other for considerable amount of time when we still talk formally, at least to me.” It’s so ing annoying, he wanted to add, but he tried not to let it slip anyway.

“Hmm…” Sehun seemed to be deep in thought right now. “I’m sorry, Hyung?” He was still using formal word.

“Try to talk with more ease,” Chanyeol urged, seeming like he was going to win a jackpot or something.

“Sorry, Hyung.” This time Sehun used proper informal speech, and Chanyeol almost wanted to jump around in joy. But instead he hugged the younger boy tightly, without him realizing it himself.

“Uh… Hyung…” Sehun called out hesitantly, and it took a few more seconds for Chanyeol to realize where his arms were wrapped on.

“Oops. Sorry, Sehun-ah~” he grinned to the younger, but the situation became more awkward instead.

“Oh, well… you dance great! Yeah! And also… remember not to talk formally anymore, okay? Not when I’m around.” With that Chanyeol immediately escaped from the dance studio, leaving Sehun confused.

He thought Chanyeol hyung was rather absurd, but cute nonetheless (if you can ignore his deep voice, of course).

 

 

LOL LOOK I WROTE ANOTHER CHANHUN SO MUCH FOR WRITING DIFFERENT PAIRINGS FOR EACH DRABBLE ;A; though this one is not as fluffy as yesterday and lame lame ending but yeah I did it at least :P