prepared

30 Days Writing Challenge

“Aren’t you happy now that we’ll have some time to enjoy ourselves?”

“O-of course, I am…”

Yixing had been talking with Wu Fan through the phone that night, all the while packing some clothes from his closet, with Tao watching him closely from his bed. After Yixing actually finished packing the clothes, he was going to hang up.

“Yes, see, I finished packing my clothes now! I’ll just pack some more stuff and I’ll be fully prepared! Don’t worry too much about me, just go packing by yourself.” And then he finally hung up.

Tao, who had been watching by the sidelines, had been the silver key on his necklace for awhile. “Gege, are you sure you want to go on this trip?”

“Of course, then why would I pack my clothes now?” Yixing turned to the younger with a smile, crinkling eyes and dimple on his right cheek that always made his heart fluttered.

“You should… be careful, Gege.” Tao said apprehensively.

Yixing’s smile faded, turning into a frown. “Why should I? I mean, I’ll be fine with Wu Fan. Nothing’s about to go wrong, everything’s fine, so…” Yixing looked into the other’s eyes with slight weariness. “Why are you so worried?”

Tao wouldn’t admit it, but he felt something would go wrong somehow. But seeing how Yixing had been so excited about this trip (and how Wu Fan had prepared for the trip for three months now) made Tao stop himself from stopping him.

“I, uh, will miss you, Ge.” Tao shot up from the bed, carefully wrapping Yixing into a hug. He could hear a chuckle from the other boy, who also hugged him in return.

“I won’t be gone forever, Tao. You have nothing to worry about. And I guarantee you won’t miss me for too long.”

Tao could only tighten the hug, he just thought about how wrong Yixing was, how he already missed him even when he hadn’t depart to his trip yet, how he would miss him once he was gone, how he would cry for days without the other boy’s presence.

He pulled away first, careful not to let any tears slip from his eyes. He gave Yixing a smile, and a nod.

“Then you should come back really fast, Ge.”

Yixing also gave him a nod and a smile.

Tao decided he would crawl to his bed early tonight, as he listened to Yixing preparing for his trip tomorrow.

 

 

otl this is supposedly the back story from yesterday's drabble... unlike yesterday's one it turned out short but yea I got lazy halfway I didn't even use another The Chaser inspired scene anymore like how I planned it ><