snowflake

30 Days Writing Challenge

Warning: character death

 

 

 

 

The day Minseok lost him was during one of the winter days.

He always had been fascinated by snowflakes. He always wondered how could a snowflake look so ordinary, yet so beautiful if you look really closely.

He often said that the snowflakes reminded him of Minseok. But Minseok disagreed all the time.

“First, you say I look like a steamed bun. Now you say I look like a snowflake. Just... what’s next?”

He only laughed at the elder’s little protest. “No, I didn’t say you look like a snowflake, the snowflake just reminds me of you.” He watched Minseok doing that angry baozi face with a loving gaze, and he laughed once more. “I just want to say you’re beautiful today.”

Hearing the words made Minseok’s cheeks turned into shades of red.

The day of the accident, it was snowing. Minseok had been there, watching everything in a blur numbly before his eyes landed on the figure lying on the snow covered street.

Minseok only realized himself approaching him once he felt his feet staggering to the figure on the street. He crouched down, holding on to his lover carefully. Snowflakes fell on his pale white skin, whilst crimson taking over the pure white snow. But he still managed to show a blinding smile to Minseok despite his shortening breath.

“I’ve always loved you, my snowflake.” His weakening hand lifted up to touch Minseok’s cheek, wiping off the tears that Minseok didn’t know had fallen from his eyes.

When his eyes started to close, Minseok finally found his voice.

“I...can’t you stop calling me your snowflake? Can’t you just call me baozi? I-I don’t want to lose you like this. Luhan-ah. Luhan. Please don’t leave— LUHAN!!!”

No matter how many times he called for him, his eyes never opened for him anymore.

A single teardrop from closed eyes fell to the ground, along with the beautiful snowflakes. Both are broken in their own ways, mixing into a numbing feeling of cold emptiness.

 

 

Ah... so I think some parts may not be accurate or ended up weird since I never see snowflakes irl so sorry about that. And to Luhan stans, please don't kill me. ;~: