thanks

30 Days Writing Challenge

 

She walked mindlessly on the empty road, only illuminated by the street lights. The moon was hiding somewhere behind the clouds, making the night grew dark. She dug her hands deeper inside the pockets of her jacket, casually strolling the road where a few houses were located on the sides. Inhaling the cool air, she closed her eyes in a slow motion, and everything did feel like moving really slow to her. Even her feet that made contact with the asphalt sounded really slowed down.

Then there was some change of air around her. She opened her eyes only to see a guy with scary muscles and wide eyes, and a hand clamped onto quickly from behind her. She grew scared instantly, as some other hands pulled on her limbs. She struggled through her clamped mouth and strained limbs and all, but there didn’t seem to be any possibility of them letting go. She started to screech loudly as possible, which made the only guy she saw the face hit her on her face.

All of the sudden, she was let go. She didn’t recognize where she was brought, but it was really a dark alley, a dirty one at that.

“If you want to survive, you’ll have to be super silent.” The husky voice of the man made her shiver. She bit her lips until it almost bled, already thinking of what possibility that would happen next. Would she be right there right on or be killed or be robbed—

“Is this the right way to treat a woman?” An unknown voice came out of nowhere. She tried to look for the source of the voice, but to no avail, the man didn’t let her see.

“Who the hell are you? This is none of your business! Stay out of this!”

“I can’t stay out of this, when I practically see a helpless lady on the street.”

“Are you kidding me?” He looked over to his henchmen. “Get him.”

And so they were fighting there. But the mysterious man dodged all their attacks really swiftly, and when they least expected it, he threw a powerful blow to each of them, making them fall on their knees really quickly than expected.

The scary muscle man was really taken aback with this situation, and finally let go of her. “Let’s go, boys!”

The fallen henchmen all tried to get up on their feet, following their supposedly ‘leader’ into the darkness of the alley.

The girl tried to stand, but fall short on her feet due to the trauma, but someone caught her fast. It was the guy. She managed to look at his face right now. He was somewhat average, but there was indeed this mysterious aura around him. Even she still wasn’t sure if that was really his face she was looking at.

“I-I-thank you so much,” she managed to stutter it out, “Thank you for saving my life.”

The man offered a small smile to her, and as he already made sure she could stand properly this time, he left the scene. He gave her a salute, with back still facing her.

She was somewhat dumbfounded, but couldn’t be more thankful than anything. She might just have to stop walking at nighttime.

Before she also left however, she caught a glimpse of something on the ground.

It was a keychain without its key, made of silver and adorned with little pieces of diamonds.

It made up the initial ‘J’.

 

 

 

Well this is supposed to be JeLu but I figured it's rather vague... anyway I do have a keychain with my initial which prompted me to make this drabble~