tremble

30 Days Writing Challenge

Legs trembling against the still ground, as he reached the small hut on the beach. It had been his special place with Jongin during childhood. They’d run all the way from the school to the beach just to play with themselves in the hut.

This time though, would be the first time he went here to run away from his trouble. He had been distant with Jongin since they entered high school together, and therefore, the visit to the hut decreased over time.

He came here though, because of a certain Oh Sehun, whom he caught making out with an upperclassman named Park Chanyeol. He hadn’t cared for world; he just let his feet lead his way till the hut in deep confusion and betrayal.

He entered the small hut that he hadn’t attended since three years ago, only to find that the contents were still the same as he left it. His old rubix cube was placed on the small desk, while a bunch of collection of Jongin’s caps were piling up in a corner of the room. The two beds were unkempt, one with Hello Kitty patterned sheets, and the other with polkadots. They were all colored in pink.

He sighed as he went over to his bed, the one with Hello Kitty patterns. His hands were grasping the thick pink blanket covering the pillow underneath. He didn’t know why, but he felt nostalgic at the moment. The thoughts about Sehun were erased from his mind for a moment, as he fixed his gaze on the blanket. Then for what seemed like a long time, he looked over the other bed, Jongin’s bed. It was a bit tidier compared to his, but still messy. He decided to lay himself on the bed, Jongin’s bed. For some reason, he could smell a distinct scent from the pillow. It smelled so much like mint, and then he remembered it was Jongin’s smell. His hair especially, was blaring with the minty scent, which made Luhan felt calm and safe all the time.

When he felt like he was going to fall asleep, he was disturbed by the noise of a door opening.

“Luhan?” It was undeniably Jongin’s voice. Luhan immediately sat up from the bed, his expression like a deer caught in headlight.

“J-Jongin?” he called him back. It was rather awkward, since they hadn’t been talking to each other for a long time now.

“What are you doing here?” The question came out of their mouths at the same time. Jongin chuckled, shaking his head, motioning to Luhan to answer him first.

“I… I was running away,” he answered honestly.

“From what?” Jongin raised his eyebrow at the elder, and Luhan remembered the whole ordeal again. He felt his lips trembling from the hurtful memory, clenching his chest unconsciously.

“From a dog chasing after me.” He realized Jongin would think that was a lie, Luhan was never the type to be afraid of dogs. But he didn’t care anyway. “What about you? What are you doing here?”

“I came here all the time,” replied him. This time Luhan raised his eyebrow, as if he didn’t believe what the younger boy just said.

“But nothing barely…changed.”

“I didn’t change anything, that’s why.” He sauntered to the beds, mentally weighing his options whether he’d want to sit on Luhan’s bed or not before deciding to do so. “You’re the one who suddenly came here without warning. I thought you might have forgotten this place.”

Luhan shook his head, letting a small chuckle out. “No, thankfully I haven’t forgotten this place.”

There was awkward silence settled between the two, until Luhan decidedly broke it.

“So you come here all the time, huh?” He attentively looked at the younger, paying attention to his change of expression while trying to be unnoticeable.

“Yeah. You came here because of a dog chasing you, huh?”

“…not really. You know I’m not afraid of dogs.”

Luhan surprised himself by saying those words.

“Well, if you hadn’t said you weren’t chased by dogs, I’d known it anyway.”

Jongin stood up abruptly from the bed, his feet carrying him to the exit.

“Where are you going now?” Luhan inquired him, his stomach unknowingly churning inside.

Jongin turned his head back at the other boy, a small but genuine smile appearing on his lips. “You look like you could use this hut for a night. I’m not going to bother you. Good night.”

Without another word, he eventually stepped out of the hut.

Luhan also didn’t bother stopping him anymore, because the younger’s words were suddenly all over his brain.

Maybe Jongin was right. He could stay here for a night.

 

 

I was a bit unfocused when writing this (still am) so sorry for whatever crap I brought out to you guys u_u