summer

30 Days Writing Challenge

Baekhyun is a world traveler; he likes to explore every parts of the world available for him to see. He’d gone to the roads of London, he’d been trudging through the depths of Amazon jungle, he’d also seen the beautiful view of the beach in Bali. But he barely acquainted himself with anyone despite plenty of places he's been visiting.

And this summer, he’s gone to China. He decides to stay here for a little longer, since there are really plenty of places that he can visit in China, since it’s really big too, probably the biggest country he’s ever been.

He’s running out of his luck right now though. He’d taken the wrong train, thanks to his poor Chinese skill, and ends up in the middle of the nowhere after navigating his way here and there.

He’s lost count of how many hours he’s been walking on the empty road. He wonders if there’s any desert around the place he’s on right now, because it sure is hot.

Well, it is summer time, so what did he expect really?

There would be some cars occasionally passing by, but however Baekhyun stretches out his hand to ask for a lift, no one really pulls over to him. But when a small pickup truck is approaching and he’s sitting by his luggage, trying to get some cool air by fanning his cap on him, the truck actually pulls over, even though he doesn’t give a sign for a lift.

Baekhyun immediately stands up from his spot, and the window rolls up, revealing a man who offers him a smile. There’s a single dimple appearing on his right cheek, adding to the cuteness of him.

But he’s talking in a language Baekhyun can’t understand, so he asks him in Korean, “What? I don’t understand you.”

The man widens his eyes at him as if he realizes something. “Oh, I was just asking, whether you want a ride or not. You look like a bump sitting on the street.”

On one side, Baekhyun is thankful that the person can speak Korean, but on the other side, he wants to scoff at the man for calling him that, but since the person is kind enough to offer him a ride (and he does have a point about him looking like a bump, plus he’s got a nice smile), he just agrees to him.

So he finally lifts his luggage into the open bed of the truck, and takes the passenger seat next to the driver.

“By the way, I’m Zhang Yixing.” The driver lifts his hand, waiting for Baekhyun to shake it.

“Byun Baekhyun.” He takes the hand and shakes it for once. “Nice to meet you.”

“Well, nice to meet you too.” He smiles that cute smile of his, before letting go of Baekhyun’s hand, and finally takes off.

 

 

 

BEEN WAITING THE CHANCE TO WRITE BAEKLAY TBH. and also baekai lukai xiutao and many more ;A; For once I think I like my own writing LOLOLOL hope you like it too~