mad

30 Days Writing Challenge

Warning: mentions of character death

 

 

The fire has burnt the entire forest, leaving Sehun dumbfounded as he stares ahead of the pile of ashes and smokes everywhere. This is a sign that he has to find Chanyeol quick before he starts burning nearby villages.

“Chanyeol-ah!” His voice barely echoes through the smoke, but he catches a smell of burnt something through the air. He follows the smell until he reaches a waterfall that falls into a river, and that’s when he sees a blazing fire in the middle of the wide river.

He also sees a shadow in there. He can’t be…

This time he feels his own blood boiling, as the air around him shows. Soon enough, a tornado is formed and it goes straight into the river, blowing all the water from the river, and also effectively extinguishing the fire.

Once the fire dies, Sehun lets go of the tornado, and he only realizes now that Chanyeol is floating mid-air, got swept by the tornado from before. And so, Sehun leaps forward to catch him who’s about to fall into the river free from the water. With a bit usage of his power, he manages to have Chanyeol carefully in his arms.

The elder has his eyes closed, seems like he’s ready to die before Sehun stopped him from whatever he was trying to do. The sight pains Sehun a lot more than he lets on.

“Chanyeol, you idiot,” he mutters under his breath, but Chanyeol hears that. His eyes flutter open, pupils directly at the boy who still holds him in his arms. He lets go, carefully places him on the empty river.

“You’re also an idiot,” Chanyeol counters. “You shouldn’t even come for me. You should’ve let me be.”

“But I thought you were going to die so…” He looks back to the pile of ashes behind him. “You also burned down the whole forest. Kyungsoo and Yixing will be really pissed off if they know.”

“It’s not fair. I can’t burn the forest, but I should face the reality that he’s gone now?”

“Nobody is forcing you to face the reality, but eventually you’ll have to.” Sehun huffs, before sitting himself beside Chanyeol.

“Even though I know you’re mad, you need to know that I’m also mad at you! Why? Because you’re such an idiot, Chanyeol! He wouldn’t want to see you like this at all!”

“Don’t tell me like you know how he’ll react!”

“Yes I know! He had been training with me since we were young! There were only two of us together before you came and took him away from me!” Sehun doesn’t realize that he’s been shouting all those words, and how the wind suddenly blows stronger than before. Now Chanyeol feels it.

Sehun gets up from his position on the ground, his eyes looking far across the burnt forest. “You see, you’re not the only one who’s feeling at loss. I know you loved Baekhyun, but so did I. And I still do. Like you, I’m really upset about his death, I really do. But I’m not going to go around messing with the world, blowing everyone out of the planet. He wouldn’t like that. He wouldn’t like seeing you burning everything, or killing yourself by drowning in a river. He wouldn’t like that at all. So you better think carefully before doing anything.”

And without looking back, he leaves the elder on the empty river, trudging through ashes and dusts. Chanyeol watches his figure slowly disappearing into the thick smokes, guilt belatedly creeping into his heart.

 

 

 

This is really just a spur of the moment thing and well the story typed itself /sighs
Anyway I'll be posting twice in a day starting from tomorrow because I'll be going on semi-hiatus starting from the 29th and I hope I can finish this right before that date so hope it's okay? OTL