letters

30 Days Writing Challenge

 

A pile of envelopes, varied in colors are gathered in a corner of the bedroom.

The desk is filled with papers, of scribbles and . It’s a messy sight, with a paper falling to the floor because of the wind that comes through the open window.

Sehun curls himself in the bed, wet cheeks and swollen eyes.

There’s a soft rapping on the door.

“Sehun-ah, are you there?” The deep voice inquires. The said boy closes his eyes harshly, willing his ears to become deaf of everything, hands gripping even tighter on the sheets, as a click snaps through the air.

“Sehun-ah! What are you doing, we’re going to be—” The extremely tall boy who just enters the room halts abruptly. He feels something’s wrong.

He eyes the odd looking envelope sitting on the corner of the bed. Its corners are slightly ripped, and slightly bloated, as if there’s something thick inside. He grabs the envelope (which is already opened) and looks inside, a bunch of ripped pieces of paper was hastily being shoved inside.

It’s a letter, he knows. Whatever the content was, Sehun must have disliked it so much he ripped the letter apart.

“Sehun-ah,” he starts, sitting on the bed, “What did Baekhyun send to you?”

“It’s nothing,” Sehun answers, but his voice is muffled by the pillow.

“Then why did you rip it apart?”

“No reason.” Then comes a sniff.

“It can’t be nothing,” he murmurs. “Will you tell me the truth or should I piece the letter back together?”

“Don’t,” he says with finality, immediately getting up from bed. Sehun’s face can be seen clearly now, and suffice to say, he looks miserable.

The elder looks at him with a worried gaze. “Then tell me.”

“He just…finds someone else in China.”

“Someone else?” The elder tilts his head to the side.

“Well, yes. He’s got a boyfriend over there. I actually don’t know how to reply to that… so I’d like to pretend I never got it in the first place.”

“You don’t have to. You can just…accept it like a man.”

“I’m trying,” he wails.

“But you don’t have to become so miserable like this…” He takes a hold of Sehun’s hands. “Look into my eyes, Oh Sehun. I’m telling you, you’re a strong boy, okay. Sure, you never get to let him know about your feelings, but since it’s too late now, you just have to accept it. I know you’re sad about it, but he’s happy, right? You like it when he’s happy. So you should…be happy for him as well. And if you ever feel down, you know I’m always there for you.”

Hesitantly, Sehun peers into the other’s eyes. They speak of comfort that overwhelms him in a second. Wordlessly, he throws his arms over the elder.

He can feel a pair of hands sneaking into his back. He feels warm and comfort.

“Thank you, Chanyeol hyung.” Thank you for being here for me.