Of Getting tired and Still Holding On

The Way We Love Each Other ~♥~
Hi! Please enjoy. 
Angst but no angst. I think (?)
Pic that have no relation. Stab me. 
Cr to the pic owner.

 

2200 words


 

12:39am – Sunday



He’s checking his phone. No new messages, no calls. No nothing. Another sigh escape his lips. He tap the speed dial No 1 and waiting for the other line to answer.



“The person you’re calling is not available,” he ends the call before the familiar voice mail end yet another sigh came out from the small puckered lips.



His eyes are full of sorrow. He’s been waiting and keep on waiting for the other to call him back or at least leaving a text message. The point that the other is tired because of his work is understandable but today is Sunday and that person has been sleeping for like more than 15 hours. He knows that the other is sleeping. He just knows. It’s been years already, their relationship. He understand the other very well and that person never change.



It’s been one week and he bet the next week will be the same because the other is going to go for outstation and working on night time. The last time they talked on the phone was last Sunday. It’s for another short time only. When was their last date? Was it last week also? Was it last month? Was it months before? He lost counts already.



01:26am – Sunday



Another try on calling the other but it’s futile. He can’t reach the other. His heart clenches in pain. He’s tired of waiting, tired of getting himself waiting for the unreachable. What is this relationship all about?



They’ve been dating for like years, 3 years? 4 years? He don’t mean to not remember. It was because no more celebrating their anniversary. He doesn’t even know why. Their date should be once per month and maybe if he’s lucky, twice per month. Their talks through the phone should be every night but because of the other’s work, it’s been decreasing. It’s not that he, himself doesn’t have work to do. He’s a working person though but he loves the other way too much that he’s willing to wait. His tiredness is nothing compared to get to hear the other’s voice.



Now that it turns out to be like this. The other gave in to his weariness. And he’s just way too stupid to keep on waiting. Love surely turn you blind. He trusts the other so much. He knows that he won’t cheat. He just know because the other never try hitting on anyone. He’s just socially awkward with other people. He doesn’t even know what he should do now. He feels distant with the other. He almost gave up but he still holding onto this relationship.



The phone screen lights up when he open the lock. He caress the screen and soft whispers come from his lips. “I miss you, I miss you so much,” he closes his eyes and let sleep bring him to sad dreamland.



06:18pm – Thursday



He walks out from his office. Tiredness is visible from his eyes. Work sure drains him out. He pulls out his phone from his pocket. No new messages. He sighs for the nth time that day.



07:35pm – Thursday



He reaches home and stares at the emptiness of the dark. He moves his feet after he closed the door and switched on the light. He slumps his body on the couch, right arm draping on his closed eyes. Sweet memories come rushing in his head.



“Baby, what do you want?” the gentle smile plastered on his face. The so called baby looked up on the menu with sparks. It’s ice cream! His favourite.



“I want strawberry with chocolate syrup and cherry on top, please Nichkhun Hyung,” he exclaim. The other simply nodded and wide smile edged on his lips. He ordered and they waited for their order.



“Khunnie, you got work tomorrow?” he asked the older. Nichkhun nodded his head and smiled softly at the younger.



“Yup, have to work on the night shift, checking everyone,” he said making the younger of the two pouted. He won’t get to be on the phone with his Khunnie later next week.



“Don’t forget to give me your good night message!” he said while pouting. Nichkhun heart melted down with just that.



“Yes, I will, don’t worry,” he ruffled the younger hair gently as their order arrived. The pouted boy changed his expression in the speed of light staring at the yummylicious dessert in front of him. Nichkhun couldn’t help but chuckle at the cute sight.



Their date was full with laughter and happiness. 



When they wanted to separate ways, Nichkhun hugged the younger and kissed his temple. He smiled happily and genuinely at the sweet gesture. “I love you, Wooyoung,” Nichkhun said after soft peck on the younger lips.



That was their last date, on last, he doesn’t even remember, weeks ago? Months? He stands from the couch and walks to the kitchen preparing simple dinner for himself.



12:23pm – Sunday



From: Wooyoung

To: Nichkhun

Khun



He received a missed call from the older at 10:18am. He is in the car with his family, going for a visit to his uncle house. He called Nichkhun at 9:30am and no answer. The older asked him on a date and he wants to confirm it. But now he’s in the car and the thought of going on a date is nothing but merely another false hope. He sigh. He wants to sulk but he knows that he can’t. He knows that if he sulk, he won’t get anything. Maybe a coo from the older but that only is. No such thing as another date or so. Bull!



12:48pm – Sunday



To: Wooyoung

From: Nichkhun

I’m sorry I fell asleep last night. Couldn’t call you. I’m very tired.



Only last night? It’s been weeks! 



From: Wooyoung

To: Nichkhun

It’s okay. Rest well.



He doesn’t want to argue with Nichkhun because of his lack of attention.



From: Wooyoung

To: Nichkhun

Do you wanna go on a date or not?



He knows it’s futile because he’s not even at home. Nichkhun is late to confirm anything. He only wants to know the answer.



To: Wooyoung

From Nichkhun

Hmm. I’m tired.



Soft sigh escapes Wooyoung lips. I’m also tired Khun.



From: Wooyoung

To: Nichkhun

Okay. It’s alright.

Do you wanna go anywhere today?



01:16pm – Sunday



From: Wooyoung

To: Nichkhun

Reply me.



To: Wooyoung

From: Nichkhun

I’m sorry. I fell asleep. Haha



From: Wooyoung

To: Nichkhun

Oh. It’s alright, Just go back to sleep.



To: Wooyoung

From: Nichkhun

Baby? Do you wanna go out?



Wooyoung stares at the message. He scoffs softly and rolls his eyes. Why now?



From: Wooyoung

To: Nichkhun

No. You get your proper rest.



To: Wooyoung

From Nichkhun

Feel like I miss you so much.



Wooyoung clicks his tongue. Feel like? What am I? A doll?



From: Wooyoung

To: Nichkhun

Khun

I don’t wanna make you more tired than ever.

Take your rest cause I already out with my family.



To: Wooyoung

From: Nichkhun

Oh. Okay.



What does he expect from that? He sigh.



From: Wooyoung

To: Nichkhun

I miss you too, Khun. So much. But I don’t get any answer from you. You said you’ll tell me but nothing. I wanna see you too. I want it so much but you’re tired. I’m sorry.



And no more reply.



For the day, no more news, no such thing. No nothing. Again.



12:26am – Monday



He’s been calling Nichkhun ever since he reached home at 10:33pm for like more than 20 times already and he’s tired. He falls asleep out of weariness and tiredness.



01:01am – Monday



His phone buzz on his nightstand table. He reaches out and answer the phone, thinking that it might be his mother.



“Hello?” his husky voice reaches the other line. Soft chuckles reach his eardrum and his eyes shot wide open. “N- Nichkhun?” he questions.



“Yes baby, I’m here,” the older says ever gently. He wants to cry but he can’t because he knows the older don’t like it. Nichkhun once said it was annoying even that was only for a joke. He never really cry anymore even after months they didn’t talk to each other, only through text messages. He never show that side anymore towards Nichkhun. He don’t want to be an annoying pest for the older.



“I miss you baby,” he says and Wooyoung keep listening. He’s holding back his tears. “I miss you too,” he finally says. “Why you never call me? Are you okay there?” he asks softly.



“Yes, I’m okay. I’m sorry I didn’t call you and didn’t text you. I was asleep. I’m very tired,” he says. Wooyoung simply let it go and listen to the voice that he’s been missing so much.



“Wooyoung,” the older says softly. “Hmm?” he answers. He can’t sleep. He don’t want to sleep. He wants to listen to the voice that he missed so much.



“Khunnie, when will we have a date?” Wooyoung finally has the guts to ask and he knows the exact answer that will come out from the other line. He only wishes that it’ll come differently. Anything but that.



“I don’t know,” flat voice and Wooyoung got no more words to say. He keeps silent for few minutes. Only listening to the older calling his name few times. That’s the way they talk when no topic is brought up. Calling each other name sweetly until they fall asleep or until either one of them fall asleep.



“I wanna see you but you’re late on giving me answer. Nichkhun I miss you so much. I only want to see you. Have a date. Get clingy to you, watching a movie or so. We’re now according to your time. I don’t wanna tire you up Hyung. Please, I miss you but I know you’re tired. When will be the chance that we’re going to have our date?” he says ever softly yet hinting the sad tone. He sighs.



“I don’t know, Wooyoung,” another same answer. Does he even have any effort in this relationship? Nichkhun doesn’t want to give false hope. He knows that. He also knows that Nichkhun doesn’t want to give commitments in their relationship. He knows but can’t Nichkhun shows more effort in this relationship? Why does it always be him that shows efforts, that plans everything, that decides everything? He’s tired. Tired of getting ahead of himself.



“Khun?” he calls out. “Hmm?” answer come.



“I miss you,” Nichkhun breath is heard. “Same,”



“Khun,”



“Hmm?”



“I wanna hug,” Wooyoung enquire.



“Hmm okay,” another answer. He keeps being silent afterwards.



Now what? Why does he seems like not in the mood? Why now after weeks waiting for his call? I don’t want it to be like this. I don’t want it to be very sour and sad. What have I done now? I didn’t yell at him. I talk very gently. Why now?



“Khun? Are you mad at me?” Wooyoung asks softly not to intrigue anything.



“No,” short answer.



“Why do you keep silent?”



“Nothing,” Nichkhun give another one word answer. Wooyoung doesn’t even say anything anymore.



“Khun?” no answer.



“Nichkhun?” still with no answer. What the ?



“Nichkhun! Hey,” he raise his voice slightly and still doesn’t receive any answer.



“Why are you acting like this? Did I do something wrong?” tears start to piling up in his orbs. He starts sobbing softly but still get no answer from the other line.



“Hey I miss you, I need you, why are you acting like this?” Wooyoung finally bursts out, his voice is soft yet full of sadness. Tears spilling down and he can’t do anything to stop it. Not even the now silent Nichkhun. His heart clenched with the way Nichkhun act, not even replying him. Not even a word.



“Nichkhun!” he raise another octave of his voice and the call finally ended. His breath hitch. He stares at the phone as tears still flowing out from his eyes. He calls the older, and call again even though he doesn’t receive any answer. He calls until the 15th times and he finally give up.



“Why?” he breaks down, finally. He never cry so much. He cries like never before. So much agony, so much sadness and so much hurt.



“Why are you doing this to me?”



“Why are you so mean to me?”



“Why does this ever happen?”



“I love you so much that it hurt, why?”



“Why did you change so much?”



He speaks his own mind while still crying like a baby. No one is there to comfort him. No one. He’s alone and keep on crying.



Nichkhun is one that never leave him before, never fail to make him laugh but now he’s not the one that knows how to put a smile on Wooyoung. The most important thing is his tiredness. As if Wooyoung doesn’t work himself. Nichkhun is one that never change but Wooyoung is getting less and less attention from the older. Despite that, he knows that Nichkhun doesn’t cheat. The older is just practically working and working. He’s still holding onto this relationship because he knows that Nichkhun does love him still. He always trust that. That is why he's still holding on to this relationship even though he's gettin tired of it.

 


 

a/n: Hi! I thought I might spill some tears but naaaaahhh, like what I said, I am not good in writing angst. Damn. 
Should this be angst? I dun even know. Hoping that you're enjoying this! Does this reach any of you? Please leave some comments!
Thank you for reading! I love you my dearies. Leave some comments and have fun!

xoxo - jangkhunyounghunny ♥♥♥