We're Trending On Twitter

Hysterie

(Listen to Baby Don't Cry by U-KISS : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqe8HsAmr5s)

"THAT'S A FOUL!!" I stared at Hoya with my mouth open as he ran away from me in glee, leaving me red. 

"IT'S PAINTBALL!" he shouted back. "THERE IS NO FOUL! FOO-" Hoya shut his mouth the moment I shot a balloon at him, painting him purple. 

"Woah Hoya! You can love yourself now! You're purple!" I giggled and hid behind a haystack, knowing fully well that Hoya's swift and agile movements would catch me before I could say Jack Robinson. That was how our day was going to end. After a nice breakfast, the two of us went for a camel ride, danced with random villagers to folk music and hesitantly accepted the blessings of an old council leader.

"May you two fruit and flourish!", the man with the big moustache bellowed. I cringed at Hoya, who having not understood a single word, laughed along.

"What did he say?" Hoya asked with a grin. I shook my head and led him away, not interested in suggesting that we had been been given the sacred permission to start a family.

"Okay stop! Stop! HEY I MEAN IT!" 

Hoya froze at my glare and put down his gun. He looked at my face and smiled. "You're tired?"

I nodded and removed the gun from my shoulder, removing the protective glasses and gloves too. "Let's go, clean up. We have another long drive tomorrow." I didn't know whether it was the long drive that I was dreading, or if it was the long drive HOME that was exhausting my mind.

Hoya nodded and put an arm around me. "As you wish--" 

I face-palmed Hoya with my paint-laden glove and ran away inside the washroom. "SORRY!" I shouted, laughing at his shocked face. I scurried inside the toilet when the red paint splattered across his grin reminded me of my favourite serial killer, Dexter.

After I got out of the shower, I instinctively went on my twitter, forgetting that the ban on communication hadn't been lifted yet. 

It was a bad move.

#yayaelopes was trending on Twitter like a house on fire. I grimaced as I realized that our personal nickname was already catching up with the netizens. I checked my messages and saw 40 missed calls and 34 text messages and 55 voice-mails. Disappointment scraped me when I didn't see Woohyun's name under any of those frantic attempts. 

Suddenly the phone rang. It was Kairi.

I silenced her call and rushed out with my pink Northface satchel around my shoulder, only to find a pensive Hoya waiting for me. He looked at me and I knew that he was aware.

"Answer," I murmured and Hoya took the phone from my hand.

"Hello?"

What followed was a barrage of curses, yells and cries. Most of them were aimed at Hoya, who sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. I gulped as I heard Kairi say, "I should have seen this coming, you and Saya... As if Woohyun and Jae Hyo weren't enough."

My heart stung and suddenly, Hoya's head shot up. "Kairi," he muttered. "Did you even bother asking about what actually happened?"

Silence. "But Yoseob saw you two..."

"Fine." Hoya sighed and exchanged glances with me. I shrugged. Hoya continued. "Whatever Yoseob saw was right. Saya and I DID run away together. But have you even bothered asking if we're ever coming back? Or is it obvious that we both are backstabbers?"

Goosebumps spread across my body when the tone of the voice changed. "Hoya?" 

It was Jae Hyo on the line. 

I stretched out my hand and Hoya shook his head. "This time," he murmured. "This time I have a lot to say. I'm sick of being at the backseat, tolerating all the bumps and watching you stumble while you stand."

"Jae Hyo," Hoya said and my fiance's low voice prevented me from comprehending much. I was shocked when his voice suddenly raised and I heard him say, "After what happened five years ago, THIS is what you're doing to me?"

Hoya gave out a mocking laugh. "I cannot believe..... None of you trust us. We're returning tomorrow. If I were you, the first thing I'd check if our ring fingers."

Hoya removed the battery of my phone and threw it inside his bag. "Let's go," he said and I followed him. 

Hoya's threat was hollow, this much I knew. "But why did you say that?"

"Jae Hyo has had a safe life ever since.... Well yeah," Hoya laughed. "Ever since. If you're really important to him and if you want your decision-making to become easier, we'll see how he reacts."

I nodded and then remembered something. "What did he mean by five years ago? What happened? That was when we both first met right? Jae Hyo and I?"

Hoya's jaw stiffened and I prepared myself for a long story. He smiled and said, "I promise to tell you everything before we sleep tonight."

I smiled and patted his shoulder. A light flickered in my head and I giggled. "By the way, we're trending on twitter. YaYa elopement. Whadaya think?"

Hoya started laughing. "They stole our ideas."

"Maybe we're not geniuses after all," I faked a pout. Hoya scrunched his face in disgust. "Do you know what should trend on twitter instead?" 

When I asked what, Hoya suppressed a smile. "Aegyo troll Saya."

All my lost energy returned as I chased Hoya to our rented tent.