The Next Move

Luckily
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter XIV: The Next Move

 

TaeNy’s Kitchen.

 

It was almost afternoon; Tiffany was still practicing on how to cook the exact food for their dinner on their special day. While Jessica just guiding her on what to do, still Tiffany was do all the cooking.

 

“Jess.. I think I can’t make it.” Tiffany said while holding a pan.

 

“Aish.. Cut it out Tiff.. We still have time. Don’t tell me, you are giving up?” Jessica said as she prepares the ingredients.

 

“But we did it almost a day! But still I can’t make it perfect.” Tiffany whined. “Look at my hands and arms. Full of cuts and burns.” Tiffany said while presenting her both hands to Jessica, where almost of her fingers has a band aid.

 

“Alright. Let’s stop it right now. Let’s rest for awhile then I will show to you again how to cook it properly.” Jessica said as patted Tiffany’s head. “Come here, let’s sit first.” Jessica said as she finds her seat.

 

“I don’t know if I can make it Jess. Every time you start to prepare it perfectly I can’t manage to finish it properly.” Tiffany said as she rests her head on Jessica’s lap.

 

“Be optimistic Tiff, remember tomorrow is the last day of the preparation.” Jessica said as she fixes Tiffany’s hair.

 

“Sigh, that’s my other problem Jess.” Tiffany was tearing up.

 

“Oh Tiff.. Don’t cry..” Jessica said as she tries to wipe the tears that ready to fall when all of the sudden Tiffany’s phone ring.

 

“Oh my phone, where’s is it? Maybe if from my Taetae.” Tiffany suddenly stood up as she searches for her phone on her pocket.  “Got you.. Oh it’s from my dad. Wait here Jess.” Tiffany ran to the living room.

 

“Go ahead.” Jessica nodded. “So, it’s up to us then?” Jessica was talking to herself while arranging the mess they made in the kitchen.

 

After a couple of hours, Jessica was almost done cleaning everything when Tiffany suddenly showed up with a gloomy face.

 

“Oh? What happen Tiff?” Jessica said as she wipes the table.

 

“Jessie~” Tiffany whined. “I have another problem.” Tiffany said while stomping her feet.

 

“Why?” Jessica said as she runs towards Tiffany and comforts her. “Tell me..”

 

“Because of dad, he called awhile ago right? And he asked me a favour that I will handle the company first since they were not here.”

 

“So that means, you will be their representative? Then, why they didn’t ask you in the first place in order for you to be ready, right?” Jessica asked.

 

“Umm, yeah.” Tiffany nodded. “Because it’s different matter Jess, dad and mom have an OIC to represent and handle their meetings and works but tomorrow is not just a simple meeting or any work related. Because tomorrow is the day where the new investors from Europe decided to visit the company and it is a surprise visit that is why dad hurriedly contacted me and since they’re not here it will be an insult to the visitors if only company’s representatives will meet and welcome them. ” Tiffany explained.

 

“I see, that is why they asked your role here since you’re the daughter and one of the owners of the company. By the way, you will welcome them at the airport too?” Jessica asked.

 

“No Jess.. I will meet them at the office. Good thing, they already prepared everything and it will take one day. After that, back to normal.” Tiffany answered.

 

“Good then, so did Taeyeon knew this?” Jessica asked again.

 

“Yeah.” Tiffany nodded. “I already texted her after the call. And she said, its fine with her and she also said don’t go overwork myself tomorrow.”

 

“Good, so that problem had been solved then.” Jessica said as she clapped her hands.

 

“Still a problem Jess.” Tiffany answered.

 

“What do you mean? Its A-OK with Taeyeon and besides, it will just one day. Like you said, after that back to normal again.” Jessica asked.

 

“But Jess~ tomorrow is the last of day of our preparation and I don’t even know how to cook for our dinner! Today was not yet enough, how can I practice tomorrow I’ll be busy!” Tiffany whined.

 

“Aigoo.. I know. What if I’ll be the one who will prepare the dinner so the only thing you will do tomorrow is do your work and then when you go home, rest for your special day.” Jessica suggested.

 

“Are you sure? You can’t manage everything and it’s too much Jess.” Tiffany asked.

 

“Oh Hwang Stephanie, you’re my best friend. No, actually I treat you as my sister and besides, you really don’t trust me.. I can ask Krystal.. Or I can even ask her.” Jessica smiled.

 

“Oh Jessie~ Love you!” Tiffany hugged her tight. “Thank you so much.” And kissed her on the cheek.

 

At SooTae’s Office.

 

“Tae, I already ordered online for the tablecloth, scented candles, etc. that we will be using on your date.” Sooyoung said while browsing the net. But she didn’t get any response from Taeyeon who was just sitting, staring mindlessly on her while her chin was resting on her palm.

 

“Pal? Are you ok?” Sooyoung asked as she stood up from her seat and proceed to Taeyeon when she noticed her for being absent minded.

 

“Huh? Are you saying something Soo?” Taeyeon asked when she realized Sooyoung was standing in front of her.

 

“You seem out of focus Tae. Is there something wrong?” Sooyoung asked. “I think you have to go home and rest. I’ll ask the secretary to cancel all your meetings.”

 

“No thanks Soo.. I’m fine, I can cope with this.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Are you sure? If your worry is about the preparation for your Monthsary Tae, I can get on that and besides, we already finalize it.” Sooyoung asked.

 

“I’m sure of it. Thanks Soo.” Taeyeon said while sighing.

 

“I think you have two-faces Tae. Look at you; you’re already worn-down.” Sooyoung said as seated in front of Taeyeon. “I think buddy we have to go home I’ll accompany you then, I can handle my work at home.”

 

“Soo, Tiffany texted me awhile ago.” Taeyeon suddenly uttered it out.

 

“Then? What did she said?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“Sigh, it’s about dad I mean her father. He contacted her awhile ago requesting her to manage the company even just tomorrow because there is a sudden visitors who will come tomorrow and it will be informal if only company’s representative will welcome them. And since Tiff was here, she was the one who will meet them and besides, she’s the daughter of the owner of the company.” Taeyeon explained.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter