Chapter 10

Suddenly In Love

 

Minho’s POV

                I am trying my best to ignore Krystal, and her weird action. She dropped her pen earlier, but she didn’t even try to pick it up. She didn’t even move. It’s like she didn’t realize that she dropped her pen. I looked at her face, but she seemed like she’s… daydreaming. And I can’t take this anymore. I waved my hand in front of her eyes.

                “Krystal,” I called her quietly, afraid she would be mad, if she caught me trying to talk to her. “Krystal,” I called her louder, but it’s no use. I sighed and bent down to grab her pen. I wonder what she’s thinking about. I put her pen on her table and suddenly she moved, as in she’s snapped out of her dreamland.

                I looked at her and she looked at me back.

                “What… are you doing?” Krystal asked in such an annoying tone.

                Remembering my position, that is still holding her pen on her table, I quickly sit straight and looked straight.

                I cleared my throat awkwardly, “You dropped your pen and you didn’t pick it up, so I picked it up for you.”

                “Oh,” she replied shortly. “Thanks.”

                She took the pen earlier, holding it, and reading a thick book, which I’m sure, is not related to this English class at all.

                Few minutes passed and I’m bored listening to Mr. Kim’s explanations, so I looked all over the class to see if there’s anything interesting to look at. But after I looked around the entire class, I found nothing’s interesting. So I looked at my right, where Krystal is. She’s still concentrating on her book. She let her hair loose, so I’m pretty sure she won’t caught me watching her. I took a good look at her and realized that she was daydreaming again.

                What actually made her like that?

                She suddenly shrugged, recovered from her sudden ‘lost’. She turned to me, who was still looking at her. I quickly looked away.

                “Minho ssi,” she called me. She’s going to warn me about not talking to her again, I’m sure. I looked at her, “Yes?”

                “Can you drive me home later?” she said and I looked at her weirdly as response. I can’t believe my own ears now. “You’re still my slave remember?” she added and I just nodded, speechless. She focused back at her book, and this time she really focused on it. I saw her turning pages, so it means she’s really reading it now, right?

                I still can’t believe my own ears. Or maybe I am daydreaming too? I casually crossed my arms and pinched myself, secretly.

                “Aah..,” I whimpered in pain and Krystal looked at me weirdly.

                “Just accidentally hit myself with the wall,” I excused myself. She looked at me in an even weirder look. Crap! I just realized that I gave her the dumbest excuse in the entire world. Who in this world would believe that you hit yourself to a wall when there is no voice at all? Stupid! “The voice was really low, so you might not hear it,” I added, trying to make her believe my excuse earlier. It’s still a stupid statement, but at least it made my excuse more… make sense?

                She shook her head and read her book again, before she suddenly looked at me again. “Oh, and you may talk to me,” she said. And once again I want to pinch myself.

**

                Class is over and I decided to walk her to her locker first, since I don’t have anything to put on my locker. I offered her to carry her books but she refused. I insisted but she used the ‘slavery’ excuse, so I have to obey her. It’s a good thing she only doesn’t allow me to carry her books. I mean, she could order me to not follow her instead, but she didn’t. So it’s fine. I walked beside her, quietly. We walked in silence, but that silence somehow doesn’t feel awkward.

                “You know, people are starting rumors about us,” she suddenly broke the silence.

                “I know,” I said. “But I don’t mind. Do you?”

                “Not really, I don’t really care about what people say about me,” she said.

                “Good then,” I replied and she didn’t reply back.

                She put her books at her locker, and only left her thick book she read in Mr. Kim’s class.

                “So, what book is that?” I asked her.

                “It’s an English book,” she answered. “See for yourself.” She gave me the book and I read the title. ‘Because of You…’.

                “What is it about?”

                “Read for yourself,” I read the book’s summary, but my English is just too poor to understand that.

                “I don’t understand.”

                She closed her locker. “I’ll tell you on the way home,” she said and I nodded.

**