Chapter 35

Suddenly In Love

 

Krystal’s POV

                Who’s Yoona?

                That was the only question popped in my head.

                Is she someone important?

                “I’m going to find her,” Sehun spoke up and I turned to him, giving him the look of: who-is-this-Yoona, but he seemed like he didn’t notice.

                “I need to talk to her as well,” Minho cut and I blinked at him.

                “Why?” I asked Minho and he just looked at me.

                “We had some unfinished problem,” he replied and Sehun patted his shoulder.

                “You can finish it later,” he said as he left. Jonghyun, Key, Onew, and Taemin just looked at each other, seemed like they didn’t know what to do. I glanced at Luna, who was standing beside Onew. I gave her the same look as I gave to Sehun.

                Luna mouthed that she’ll tell me after this, so I just let out a silent sigh and looked around.

                “I’m heading to class,” I said and left, Minho tailed behind me and finally caught up, walked beside me. I glanced at him who was seemed like he’s in a deep thought. I gotta know what’s wrong. “What are you thinking of?”

                Minho looked at me and blinked a few times before giving me a smile, “Nothing.”

                “Who’s Yoona?” I blurted and he blinked again.

                “She’s an old friend. She told us that she’s going to move to the States and never come back, but it seemed like she’s back,” he replied.

                “Sehun knew her too?” I asked again.

                “Yeah,” Minho replied shortly with a nod.

                “Am I the only one who doesn’t know who Yoona is?” I said and Minho chuckled.

                “You didn’t know Im Yoona?” he asked back and I nodded, giving him a look of ‘do-I-look-like-a-caring-person-back-then’. “Well, she’s a friend. A distant friend, now, I guess.”

**

Minho’s POV

                After taking Soojung to class, I went to my homeroom class and had my first period. But my mind was not in the right place. I was thinking about… Yoona. Not in any romantic way, or such. Just… your girlfriend broke up with you because she said she had to move to the States and not coming back, she left you with a huge ache in your heart, but then a year later, she’s back and didn’t even say a word before?

                Was she actually bored of me already that she said that she wouldn’t come back? That was what I had in mind. I just don’t like being lied to.

                Suddenly a knock was heard and a figure appeared. I didn’t realize who it was until Key nudged my side.

                “Yah, Yoona’s here,” he whispered and I came back to reality. I saw her already standing in front of the class and greeting the class. She took a seat which was far away from me, right in front of the class.

                “She’s getting prettier, I think,” Key commented and I gave him a look.

                “What!? She’s not yours anymore, so I have rights to check her out,” he added and I rolled my eyes.

                “I don’t care if you’re checking her out, it’s just I don’t wanna talk about her, okay?” I said and he just mumbled some things I couldn’t hear.

                It was just a homeroom meeting, so the class didn’t take long, only around 20 minutes and we’re off to the next class. But since I have no class the next period, I wanted to head straight to my hangout place. I had made my mind that I won’t come to look for Yoona. Between us was done, and that’s it. We’re no more than a classmate now.

                But plans had to change because Yoona was standing in front of the door, and it seemed like she was waiting for me. I blinked at her as she was waving to me and Key who was walking side by side.

                “Hello, Key, long time no see,” she greeted cheerfully and Key waved at her. “Hello to you too, Minho,” she greeted me too and I just gave her a cold nod. “You don’t act like you’re happy to see me. At least welcome me, because I’m back,” she said with her usual cheerful voice, but I just gave her a small smile.

                “Key, I need to talk to her for a while,” I said to Key and he left as soon as I said so.

                “So…,” Yoona begun as Key left.

                “So, why are you here?” I asked, straight to the point and she seemed shocked with my sudden change of attitude.

                “I’m back, my parents’ business are over, so we’re back to Seoul,” she replied.

                “I thought you said you were never coming back,” I said.

                “Come on, Minho, that was the past,” she said and I sighed.

                “But you lied to me… sort of…,” I shrugged.

                “I’m sorry, I didn’t know as well that the business would end this fast.”

                “Whatever. As you said, it was the past, so I’ll be going now,” I said and walked faster to leave her. But suddenly she called me so I had to turn to face her.

                “Minho, I missed you, that’s why I told my parents I wanted to be back to this school,” she explained, suddenly, without even any question from me. My eyes grew wide and I didn’t blink for a few seconds. A picture of Soojung walked passed through my mind and it brought me back to reality.

                “I didn’t miss you, sorry,” I said before turning away and walked away.

**

Sehun’s POV

                “Yoona Noona,” I called as I saw her giggling with her old friends. She looked at me and suddenly her eyes lit, as usual.

                “Sehun ah!” she called before excusing herself from her friends to approach me. “How have you been, I missed you,” she poked my side and I smiled weakly.

                “Just had another heartbreak,” I laughed bitterly. “And I missed you too.”

                “How many times of heartbreaks did you have already?” she chuckled.

                “Two,” I said. “By you and by someone else.”

                Yoona’s laughter grew flat. “Don’t bring me up, that was the past, you could move on and even got your second heartbreak,” she said, trying to joke a little.

                “Yeah,“ I just replied shortly, but with a smile. “So what made you come back?”

                She sighed.

                “You’re already like a brother to me, so I can’t lie to you,” she said before leaving another sigh. “I could have pick another school, or so. But I didn’t want to. I kinda missed Minho, you know.”

                “Do you still like him, Noona?”

                She nodded. “He’s sweet, nice, gentle, and he got everything that I want from a guy.”

                “Then why did you break up with him? You two could have just done the long distance relationship thing?” I asked. Actually I kinda hoped they were still dating, even until now. Then maybe he could be the one who owned Krystal’s heart now.

                “I didn’t know that I would come back,” she said with a regretful tone, and I knew she meant it.

**

                “Hun!” someone patted my shoulder and I turned around. I smiled at him and he took a seat beside me. “I saw you with a pretty girl earlier, who was she? Your new target?” he chuckled.

                “I’m not a player, so I don’t change hearts easily,” I said. “You seemed happy, maybe you’re the one who already have a new target!”

                “Not yet,” he gave me a smile and I just knew what he meant. He had decided to let Sulli go. “But really, who was that girl, whose hair is around this long, and walked beside you earlier?” Kai gestured his hand to show me the length of the hair.

                “Yoona Noona?” I said.

                “Yoona?”

                I nodded.

                “That old crush of yours?”

                I nodded again.

                “Wow, you have a good taste,” he commented and I chuckled.

**

Krystal’s POV

                It is now break time and the first person I looked for was… Luna. She owed me an explanation. I, somehow, sure that Minho didn’t tell the entire truth, so I decided to find her and asked her. As far as I remember, she’s having geography just now, so I headed to her geography class, hoping that she hasn’t snatched by Onew or such.

                And I was in luck because she was there, about to leave the class.

                “Luna!” I called and she saw me. She waved and I approached her immediately.

                “What’s up?” she asked.

                “Can you tell me about Yoona?” I asked back and she made a face.

                “So you’re only come and look for me when you needed something,” she said with a pout.

                “Eii… It’s not like that,” I tried to defend myself. “I’m giving you some lone time with Onew, that’s why I never look for you.”

                “Good excuse,” she poked my waist and we chuckled.

                “Well, this was old news, but Yoona is actually a very popular kid here. She’s pretty, smart, and she was just perfect. I heard that tons of guys had confessed to her, even your friend Sehun,” Luna paused for a while, earning an impatient look from me. “And she happened to be Minho’s ex-girlfriend,” she gulped after saying it.

                Yoona is Minho’s ex-girlfriend… that means… Yoona was his girlfriend.

                He looked so serious when he said he had something to finish with her. Does he still like her, or so?

                “But there’s a reason for her to be an ex, right?” Luna chuckled awkwardly, seeing my reaction, I guess. “That was the past,” she added and I didn’t know how to respond her.

**