Chapter 34

Suddenly In Love

 

Minho‘s POV

                School is back, and I just couldn’t wait to go to school. I haven’t seen Krystal after the New Year’s, so I kinda hoped to see her first thing in the morning, which was how I decided to wake up earlier to wait for her in front of her house. So much for a girl, huh? People usually don’t want to wake up earlier, especially on Monday morning, the first day of the end of the vacation.

                “Minho?” I turned around to see Soojung was already in front of the door, ready to go.

                “Good morning, Soojung,” I greeted with a wide smile.

                “Good morning, Oppa,” she called and my smile grew wider. “What are you doing this early?”

                I showed her my car key, “Picking you up, of course.”

                “You don’t have to,” she said.

                “But I want to,” I replied and she just blinked at me. I took her by her hand and led her to the passenger’s seat. “Get in,” I ordered and she obediently got in the car as I immediately went to the driver’s seat.

                “Ready for school?” I asked and she shook her head.

                “I still wanna stay on bed,” she whined and I chuckled at her cute whining.

                “Me too, actually. But seeing you early in the morning, made me forgot about my bed,” I said and I saw her cheeks turned into a shade of red.

                Jung Soojung, get ready because I won’t be a slowpoke anymore. I grinned to myself as I thought so.

                “You’re scary, smiling to yourself like that,” she looked at me and chuckled.

                “Well, I can’t help it. A smile always formed on my lips whenever I’m with you,” I said and she just looked away with a faint blush on her cheeks.

**

Krystal’s POV

                Ever since the new-year-date, he had been acting weird. Giving me a good night text every night, and sometimes sending me a good morning text too. Then whenever we had conversation on the phone, he always showering me with mushy, cheesy lines.

                I’m actually kinda touched at his actions. He always succeed to make my heart skipped its beats. I always acted like I wasn’t infected with his cheesy line, but I have to admit, that I do feel those butterflies, like what stories said.

                Seeing his action, it means he likes me too, right?

                “Baby Jungieeee,” I heard Victoria Eonni’s voice calling me from behind. I turned around and so did Minho, who was walking by my side. As soon as my body fully turned to face her, she was already hugging me tightly. “I missed you,” she said, not breaking the hug. She kept on hugging me until I couldn’t say any words. But then she saw the figure who was standing there, watching our- or maybe only her, interaction. She finally pulled off from the hug and smiled at Minho.

                “Oh, hey, didn’t saw you earlier. Happy new year, Minho,” she said.

                “Yeah, happy new year, Noona,” he said with a smile.

                “We have a lot to catch on with the girls!” Victoria said as she grabbed both of my hands, forgetting about Minho’s presence. “Have you heard that Sulli had officially accepted Taemin’s confession?”

                I chuckled at Vic Eonni’s actions. “Eonni, I was in the conference call with you guys.”

                “Oh, yeah! I forgot that,” she chuckled. “So how’s your new year then? I forgot to phone you that night because I was on another date with Khun.”

                “Wow, you two are date-maniacs,” I commented and she shot me a look.

                “How’s your new year, Minho?” Vic Eonni suddenly turned to ask Minho.

                “Uh… well… I went out with Soojung,” he said. “And that’s all.”

                “And that’s all?” Vic Eonni asked. “Nothing interesting happened on the date?”

                “It’s not a date!” Minho and I said in unison and then grinned sheepishly.

                Vic Eonni rolled her eyes. “Yeah, right, not a date.” She took my arm. “Well, then, sorry to say, but I’m kidnapping her away from you, mister. See ya!”

                By that, she pulled me to anywhere she wanted to go.

**

Minho’s POV

                I was at my own locker with my friends, when suddenly Onew suddenly excused himself.

                “Excuse me, guys, but I have a lady to approach,” he said as he walked away from the group. Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

                “He’s leaving his friends for his own girl!? What kind of friend is he?” he said and I chuckled in amusement.

                “Hyung, I’m going to go get some banana milk, okay?” Taemin suddenly excused himself. He said he was going to grab some banana milk, but we have eyes, and we saw that he headed to Sulli, who just walked in from the other hallway. Jonghyun rolled his eyes once again.

                “You’re just jealous of them because their girlfriends are in this school, Jjong,” Key said with a carefree tone.

                “Pfft, why would I be jealous if I have a hot Noona as my girlfriend,” he defended himself, and Key just nodded so that he would shut up.

                “Yo, guys!” suddenly Amber appeared and approached our group of three.

                “Yo, Amber!” Jonghyun approached her quickly and put his arm around her shoulder casually. “Happy new year, dude!”

                “Get your hands off her, Jjong,” Key said and Jonghyun stepped back. “And she’s not a ‘dude’.”

                Jonghyun was acting as usual, I’d say.

                “Chill,” Jonghyun said as Key put his arm around her instead.

                “She’s a girl, and for your information, she’s my girl,” he said blatantly, which caused Jonghyun to pop his eyes wide. “See ya!” then he walked away with Amber.

                “Now it’s just the two of us, Hyung,” I said as I patted Jonghyun’s back.

                “I’m sure you’ll leave after this,” he rolled his eyes.

                “Pfft, no, I wo-,” I was about to finish my sentence when suddenly I saw Soojung was walking alone. I guess Victoria was kidnapped by Nichkhun or somewhat like that. “I take that back, bye, Hyung!” I gave him a small pat on his back once again and left him alone.

**

Key’s POV

                “What’s with the my-girl-attitude?” Amber chuckled as we were walking side by side, with my arm around her shoulder.

                “That’s because you are my girl, aren’t you?” I said blatantly and her eyes grew wide.

                “I am a girl, and I realized that you notice that,” she said. “But unfortunately, I’m not yours, mister.”

                “…yet,” I added and she rolled her eyes in amusement, then we broke into laughter together as we caught each other’s eyes.

                But then suddenly I heard books falling sound, so by reflect both Amber and I turned our heads to the direction of the voice. I looked at the figure carefully… she seemed familiar.

                “Amber, do you know that girl?” I pointed to the girl, who was now collecting her books. “She seemed familiar.”

                “I don’t know, I don’t know much about the population here,” she said with a chuckle.

                Just then, she stood up and I could see her face clearly. And just by that, I knew who it was.

**

Onew’s POV

                Luna and I were just walking hand in hand, laughing at each other’s jokes, until suddenly I bumped into a person.

                “I’m sorry,” he looked at me with wide eyes and bowed continuously. I recognized him as a classmate of one of my subjects, but I don’t exactly remember which.

                “Kang Sungjae, right?” I asked and he nodded in a panic way. Why? Is it because he bumped me? Am I that scary? I blinked confusedly. “You don’t have to look that panic, Sungjae ssi. It’s okay,” I assured him.

                “I’m sorry, Onew ssi, I have to go or I might lose her,” he said and nodded in approval.

                “Must be some kind of relationship problem,” I said to Luna as she was looking back.

                “I don’t think so, Oppa,” she said and I looked back as well. I saw he was chasing a long-haired girl, with papers on his hands, and just then, the girl turned around.

                “She’s here?” I mumbled to myself.

                “Huh?”

                I turned to face Luna. “Nothing,” I smiled and we walked again to her class.

**

Jonghyun’s POV

                “Jonghyun Oppa,” I heard a voice called my name, so I turned around to face her. Finally! Someone who wants my company, huh? Unlike my friends, who ran away with their own girls. But as soon as I saw her, my eyes grew wide. “Why are you so shocked to see me?”

                She let out a soft chuckle.

                “Why are you here?”  I asked without blinking my eyes.

                “Why? Can’t I come here? It’s my school anyway,” she said. “I just wanna say hello. Say my greetings to the others too, okay?” she said as she left.

                Her school? How so? I blinked at her words.

                I am not hallucinating things, aren’t I?

**

Minho’s POV

                “Sehun ah!” Soojung, who was walking beside me, called a figure that was standing a few meters from us.

                “Hey, Krys!” he greeted with a cheerful smile. “Hey, Hyung,” he pat my back and I smiled at him. “Happy new year, anyway.”

                “Yeah, happy new year,” I answered.

                Suddenly, something feels not right. It’s not because of Sehun, isn’t it? We cleared things up, so it shouldn’t be Sehun. But my feeling is telling me something is wrong.

                Just then, as Soojung and Sehun was chattering happily, and I was staring at nowhere, thinking what could’ve possibly gone wrong, I saw Taemin running to me. And when he stopped in front of me, he was panting.

                “Slow down, bro. What’s up?” I looked at him curiously. And then, Key appeared from the other direction, walking in a fast motion.

                “Minho! Glad I found you!” Key said as soon as he stood in front of me, beside Taemin.

                The sudden appearance by the two of them, made Soojung and Sehun fixed their attention to them as well.

                “Minho!” Another voice called from behind me. I turned around to see Onew and Luna were walking hand in hand. The two of them approached me, but Luna seemed blank about the sudden meeting.

                “There are you guys!” Jjong’s voice was heard too as soon as Onew stood near me, with Luna by his side. “I have a shocking news!”

                “Someone said hello to you guys,” Jonghyun said as he eyed Key, Taemin, Onew, and lastly me. “Guess who?”

                “Yoona.”

                “Yoona Noona.”

                “Im Yoona.”

                The three of them- Key, Taemin, and Onew said in unison. Hearing that, my eyes grew wide in disbelief, as I saw from the corner of my eyes, that not only me who was shocked because of the news. Sehun’s eyes were wide as well.

                “I thought she said she would never come back,” I mumbled. That’s why she broke up with me… she said she won’t ever come back.

**