Chapter 7

Suddenly In Love

 

Krystal’s POV

                “Good evening, my dear sister,” I said happily when I entered my house and saw my dearest sister, Jessica, sitting on the couch and watching TV.

                “I don’t have money, Soojung ah,” she replied suddenly. I gave her a cute pout.              

                “Who said I need money?” I sat next to her. “Guess who got perfect score for today’s biology quiz?”

                Jessica turned to me. “Who?” Her face was flat.

                “Aish, you’re not fun, Eonni,” I stood up and headed to the stair. But suddenly I heard my sister murmured to herself, “What’s with her?”

                I ignored her statement and walked to my room. I threw my bag on the table and threw myself to my bed. I let out a deep breathe. Sica Eonni was kinda right, for the past 5 years, I have never been this happy. What makes me this happy actually? …

                It’s just the perfect biology quiz score, I guess. I let out another deep breath and stood up. I grabbed my clothes and walked to the bathroom to clean myself.

**

Minho’s POV

                After Krystal left me for her biology class, I stayed at my own hang out room. It was kinda weird if I would walk her to her class, people will start saying stuffs about us. And after that, I haven’t seen her in school anymore. So now here I am, sitting on the dining table’s chair, sipping my coffee, wondering how her biology quiz went.

                Suddenly I remembered something… Taemin!

                “Taemin!” I called him and stood up from my chair, heading over him. I lived in a dorm with 4 other guys, Onew, Jonghyun, Key, and Taemin. And Taemin was supposed to be in the same biology class with Krystal.

                “What is it, Hyung?” Taemin kept his eyes on the TV screen, holding a game controller. He’s sitting on the floor. Obviously, he’s playing a game.

                “How did your biology quiz go?” I asked and sat on the couch behind him.

                “It was okay,” he answered, still focused on his game.

                “And how was your score?”

                “I got 3 numbers wrong out of 20, why?”

                “Ah, just wondering. Do you know the score of the other students in your class?”

                “Why are you asking weird stuffs, Minho?” Jonghyun suddenly appeared and sat next to me.

                “I just care,” I said.

                “But you don’t usually ask about other people if you care about our Taeminnie,” he said.

                Jonghyun got a point. It was pretty obvious that I care about someone else. If I say I cared about Krystal then they will think that I like her or what. I was quiet for a moment. Then… “I just want to know if Taemin did a good job, better than most of his friends.”

                Jonghyun nodded and now it’s Key’s time to speak. “Ah, come on, Minho, just say it if you want to know about someone’s score in our Minnie’s class.”

                I scoffed. “No way! I don’t know anyone in his class!”

                “But I heard that you walk together with Krystal once, isn’t she in Taemin’s class?” Key said. Crap, this guy is such a gossiper.

                “HYUNGS!” Taemin yelled suddenly. “Can’t you guys be quiet?” he whined, and I saw the screen. It written : GAME OVER. “If Minho Hyung really wanted to know about Krystal then she got the perfect score. If he really did want to know about Krystal, then what does it have to do with you, Key Hyung? Now I lost.”

                “Aigoo, I’m sorry, Minnie,” Key patted Taemin’s head. Then they talked about something, but I didn’t pay attention. All I know was Taemin said Krystal got the perfect score. That’s great! She is a smarty-pants after all!

**

I waited for Krystal inside my car this morning, hoping that I got the right timing, so I can catch her on time. And my waiting paid off, because she suddenly appeared in front of her house. I drove my car near her and lowered my window. “Want a ride?” I asked her.

                She looked at me and said, “No, thanks.” Then she kept on walking. I immediately parked my car on the side and get out from my car, carrying my school bag. I ran to her and walked beside her.

                “So…,” I said. “Congrats for your biology quiz.”

                “Did you stalk me?”

                Okay, I was just trying to be nice and congratulate her, but instead replying with a thanks, she asked if I stalk her. I’m Choi Minho, really, I don’t do stalking.

                “Taemin told me,”… literally.

                “Ah, that guy. He’s your friend, huh?” she said.

                “Yeah, he’s my dorm-mate too,” I continued.

                “Oh, okay.”

                “Anyway,” I said. “It’s day two already.”

                “Huh?” she looked at me, confusedly.

                “The bet?” I looked at her back, trying to remind her. “I’m your slave for a week, but you haven’t order me to do anything. It’s day two already.”

                “Ah, really? I’m not used to ordering people, so you’re kinda lucky,” she answered, and looked straightly again.

                “Yeah, I am lucky, I can serve the kind and beautiful Princess,” I said.

                Wait…

                WHAT DID I SAY!?

                She looked at me again, this time she looked with weird expression.

                Crap, me and my big mouth!

                “Never mind that,” I quickly said.

                “Then I have one command for you,” she said. “Don’t follow me around today.” She walked really fast after she said that, and she left me. Good! Now I’m alone, I should’ve taken my car from the start.

**

                On the first period, I have PE class, so I went to the auditorium, and somehow, my friends left me already, so walked alone. But suddenly I met Krystal on the way, with her friends, Victoria, Sulli, Amber and Luna. She saw me. I knew that because she looked into my eyes. I smiled at her and she just looked away. Okay, she really wants me to stay away from her today. I wonder why, did I do anything wrong?

                Then on the second period, I was walking to the library, planning to sleep there. I was thinking why does Krystal want me to stay away from her? Honestly, I have this feeling to walk to her and ask about it. But maybe she needs privacy. Or she wants to be alone for a while. I can ask tomorrow, right? I walked into the library and picked a seat. I sat there and there’s someone in front of me, with book covering his or her face- but I think it’s a her, because that person has such a petite body, like…

                That person put down her book and it is HER. K-R-Y-S-T-A-L. I immediately threw my head and pretended that I’m sleeping. Although I closed my eyes but I could hear her sigh and the chair’s moving sound. She stood up and walked away.

                On the third period, I was walking in the main corridor, which was supposed to be “Krystal’s corridor”- or that what’s they call it, because her locker is located in this corridor. I don’t know which one is her locker, so I kinda looked around and see if she’s there. I wanted to see her somehow, even from far. But then suddenly I heard some bangs. Someone’s books were falling near her locker. My manners urged me to hurry there and helped her. So I did, and when I picked up her books, I realized it was Krystal. Her face was already giving a weird expression, as if I was following her all day. I immediately collected her books and handed it to her, then walked away as fast as I can.

                The fourth period, I was heading to my math class. I opened my math class’ door and shocked to see who’s standing in front of me. She was going to open the door and head outside. I don’t need to say her name again, right? I stepped aside so she can walk pass through me, and so she did.

                “Why was she here?” I asked one of my classmate that was already there before me.

                “She left her notebook here,” he answered.

                When it’s recess, I took a seat next to my friends, who had been here first. But because we’re a bit late, we got the long table, means we have to share with other students. I sat exactly in the middle of the table, because the first chair from the right was taken by Onew, and in front of Onew is Key, and next to Key is Jonghyun, and Taemin was in front of Jonghyun. So here I am, next to Taemin. Then suddenly a bunch of girls were heading over our table. And I recognize them. Sulli took a seat beside me, then Amber next to her, and in front of Amber it’s Luna, next to Luna is Victoria. I wonder where Krystal is. A minute passed and Krystal didn’t show up. I was a bit relieved, that I don’t need to run away this time. But a minute later, Luna raised her hand and waved at someone. And my guess was right, it’s Krystal, she came and took the only vacant seat, which is in front of me. We didn’t say hi to each other, which is weird for me. And I don’t want to run away. But the atmosphere became so bad, that I suddenly excuse myself.

The fifth period, I had history. My history class is near to Krystal’s biology class, which she is supposed to be at this period. I know because I usually walk to my history class with Taemin. But I didn’t see Taemin, so I walked alone. When I was going to enter my history class, suddenly someone called me.

                “Minho Hyung!” it was Taemin. I turned to him, but I saw someone -and you know who, walking beside Taemin.

                “Hey Taem,” I greeted Taemin. Taemin smiled at me and I saw Taemin carrying double books.

                “Hey, Taem, I’ll go inside first, thanks for carrying my book,” Krystal said as she took her book from Taemin’s hand and left the two of us alone.

                “Why are you carrying her books, Taem?” I asked him, but he just smiled playfully and said, “None of your business, Hyung.” Then he left.

                The sixth period, I had chemistry class, which I was planning to escape from. I was going to go to my hangout place, above the auditorium’s lightning room, but I met my art teacher on my way there. She was carrying a lot of stuffs, so I offered a help, to help her carrying some.  I walked with her to the class, put the stuffs in any place she told me, and when I’m done, I accidentally saw someone who’s really focused on her drawing. It’s the Ice Princess again. Why do I keep seeing her this entire day!?

                On the seventh period, I have my football practice. With Onew of course, so the two of us walked there and joke around as usual. We immediately change to our uniform and went to the field. Suddenly Onew waved at someone. I turned around to see who he’s waving at, and it is… Victoria, with Krystal tagged along with her. Krystal was sitting and reading her book calmly. I sighed loudly.

                “What’s with the sigh?” Onew punched me in the arm lightly.

                “Nothing,” I answered.

                “Okay,” he said. He looked at Victoria again, hinting something I guess. “You don’t say hi to Krystal?”

                I shook my head. “Why should I?” I laughed.

                “I don’t know, I just thought you guys are friends,” he said. It’s more proper to call us : queen and slave rather than friends, I guess. “Come on, let’s join the others,” he continued and I nodded.

                And on the last period, I have English. So no matter what, it’s time to face Krystal. When I walked into the class, there are only two seats left, in the corner of the room. So I sat there. I think it’s better if I’m in the corner, Krystal won’t see me, and I won’t have the urge to talk to her. I didn’t even bother to look around, avoiding my eyes from looking at Krystal. But suddenly, someone sit on the empty seat next to me. And once again, it’s Krystal.

**