Chapter 38

Suddenly In Love

 

Minho’s POV

                “I’m not in the mood for chemistry class,” Soojung, who was walking beside me, whined and I couldn’t help but to chuckle at her cute action. I pinched her cheek and she avoided it.

                “I’m not in the mood for math, too, actually,” I said. “Should we skip class?”

                Soojung looked at me and I looked back with a grin.

                “Take me to the rooftop garden, then,” she smiled as she agreed with my suggestion.

                “Good morning, Minho,” I looked up as soon as I heard someone’s familiar voice.

                “Good morning,” I said as I looked away from her, smiling to Soojung. I could see that she doesn’t like her presence.

                “Are you not going to introduce me to your company?” Yoona said as she glanced at Soojung.

                “Soojung ah, this is Yoona, my… acquaintance. And Yoona, this is Krystal,” I said.

                “Nice to meet you,” Yoona reached out her hand and offered Soojung a handshake. She took it with a small smile.

                “Who is she to you, Minho?” Yoona asked as she looked at me.

                She’s the girl I love…

                “It’s none of your business, Yoong,” I said, unfortunately calling her by her nickname.

                “Yoong? I missed being called that by you,” she said with a sweet smile at me and I could see that Soojung looked away from the scene. I cleared my throat and took Soojung by her hand. She looked up at me and I smiled at her. I could feel that Yoona was staring at our connected hands, but I didn’t bother.

                “Let’s just go,” I said to Soojung and pulled her away, without saying any goodbyes to Yoona.

**

                Soojung was silently touching the flowers planted on the rooftop’s garden. I was following her as I examined her actions carefully. She didn’t say any word ever since we met Yoona earlier.

                “Soojung ah…,” I called and she only hummed a yes without looking away from the flowers. “What do you think about me?” I carefully asked. She finally looked up and looked at me in the eyes.

                “What do you mean?” she asked back.

                “Well,” I rubbed the back of my neck. “Just, what do you think about me?”

                “You’re nice, and well-mannered. You’re a good man,” she said as she focused back on the flowers. We kept on walking, with her in front of me, examining each flowers, while I was just examining her beauty that is more beautiful than any of the flowers she saw.

                “I mean, what am I to you?” I asked, as careful as before. She stopped walking but still had her eyes on a flower. It’s a coral honeysuckle. There’s only one vein of it in this garden.

                She pulled a coral honeysuckle and gave it to me. I have to say that a coral honeysuckle is not the best flower out there, but I remembered my mom telling me about its meaning. I just couldn’t remember what the exact meaning was. She finally looked up and looked at me in the eyes. “Let me ask you too then,” she said. “What am I to you?”

                I gulped as she asked the question. My mind was thinking for the perfect answer, but I was too nervous to think of anything. I couldn’t utter any single word, but instead I took a step closer without taking off my eyes of her. She backed a bit, but my step was larger. We were only an inch apart. I bent down to plant a soft kiss on her lips. She jerked a little when our lips touched, but I knew that a few moments after, she started closing her eyes and kissing me back.

                By then, I suddenly remembered what a coral honeysuckle means.

**

                It was lunch break and Soojung and I were walking side by side, hand in hand, smiling sweetly at each other. We took a seat in the lunch table along with our friends. Jonghyun glanced at us and made a teasing face. “You two looked sweet somehow today,” he commented. I chuckled at his statement and Soojung rolled at us, while some of the others were looking at as with a teasing smile.

                “Hey, I forgot something. Wait here, okay,” I said to Soojung as I stood up from my seat. She looked at me and nodded slowly. I left them and headed to the rooftop again.

                After finishing my business, I ran back to the cafeteria and headed to the table. I had my hands behind my back stood behind Soojung’s back. Everyone else already eyed me, but they received my signal to pretend that I wasn’t there. I pulled out my hand that hold a piece of coral honeysuckle and put it in front of her. She looked up to see me and I smiled at her. She gave me a questioning look, and so were the others.

                “I’m feeling a sweet moment is coming,” Key whispered to Amber and Jonghyun, but his whisper was just a bit too loud. Luna and Onew were looking at us with wide grins on their faces. Taemin and Sulli just watched us with a supporting smile.

                “This is a coral honeysuckle, right? It’s not the most beautiful flower, it doesn’t smell as good as other flower. It was pretty much like how I acted to you. I don’t act as sweet as Jonghyun who brought your sister to a drama-like kind of date. I’m not like Taemin, who can be Sulli’s reason to smile. I’m pretty much your reason to be sad of, aren’t I?” I chuckled as I continued, “I’m not like Onew who knows everything about Luna. And I’m not like Key who can make Amber feel different.”

                Different reactions came from each of the couples, but all I could see was Soojung.

                “I am not as good all these guys, just like this flower. But there’s one thing I could assure you, that I love you so much,” I finally spilled out. “Just like what this flower means.”

                Krystal smiled at me softly and I smiled back. She took the flower from my hand silently, with a smile plastered on her face. I could hear awes from the girls, but I couldn’t care less. We both looked into each other’s eyes and I gathered up my courage to ask her one thing…

                “Jung Soojung. Be my girlfriend?” I gulped as soon as I asked so. I was saying it in a loud voice so everyone could hear it.

                She blushed before standing up, facing me completely.

                “Yes,” she answered and all of my friends, who heard my question, were whooping at us.

**

Yoona’s POV

                I was going to head to greet Minho when I saw he was holding a weird flower behind his back. I stopped approaching him and watched him, because I could sense that he was going to do something.

                I couldn’t hear what he was saying, but one thing I heard for sure. He was saying it out loud.

                “Jung Soojung. Be my girlfriend?”

                My heart fell as soon as I heard so. I could hear a crack sound from inside me, and I could feel that my eyes were getting blurry. I forced a smile before turning around and left the cafeteria. I walked as fast as I could, without looking up. I walked to wherever my feet took me to. Suddenly I bumped into someone, but I didn’t look up. Instead my tears were bursting out and I just couldn’t control it.

                “Yoona ssi, are you alright?” the guy I bumped asked me with a concerned voice. “Did I bump you too hard?”

                I shook my head slowly as I was trying to hold back the rest of my tears.

                “I’m sorry,” I muttered in a shaking voice and he grabbed my shoulders. He bent down to see my face, and I realized who it was.

                “Are you okay?” he asked again and I nodded, with a smile.

                “Come on,” he walked to my side and guided me by my shoulder. I didn’t bother to ask him where he’s taking me, and I just don’t want to walk alone right now. So I let him guide me and tears rolled on my cheeks slowly one by one.

                I didn’t bother to look up, all I know was just he seated me somewhere and he also sat a meter away from I am.

                “You can cry here if you want,” he said softly and I started to cry. I was hurt so bad. I came back this far only to see Minho, hoping that he would wait for me, but it’s just not the reality I expected.

                I kept on crying for… ugh, God knows how long. I still felt hurt and broken, but I didn’t have to energy anymore to shed tears. I looked up only to realize Kai was still sitting beside me, waiting for me patiently.

                “You could have just left me here alone,” I said to him and he looked at me.

                “I just thought you maybe need a company,” he said softly.

                I stayed quiet.

                “Are you done?”

                I nodded.

“How are you feeling?”

“Better.”

                “Really?”

                I forced a smile and nodded again. “Yep. But I’m kinda hungry,” I tried to sound as cheerful as I could.

                “You don’t have to sound so strong in front of me, you know,” he said. “But we could go grab something to eat. I’m kinda hungry too,” he rubbed his tummy as he said so.

                He stood up and signaled me to stand up as well.

                “Can I ask you something?” I asked and he nodded.

                “Go ahead.”

                “How long have I been crying?”

                “Well, now that the school is over already… around two hours?” he glanced at his watch. “Yep, two hours and twenty three minutes exactly.”

                “So you have been waiting for me for two hours and twenty three minutes!?” my eyes grew wide. He didn’t reply. Instead he walked closer and took my hands. He pulled me up.

                “Yeah. Hurry stand up so we can go and grab something to eat. I’m starving already,” he whined and I bit my lower lip.

                “I’m sorry,” I mumbled and he smiled.

                “No problem.”

                “And thank you,” I added.

                “You’re welcome.”

**

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh well, sorry for the super duper late update, been extremely busy ;~~~;

and hey, the story is going to end sooner or later... so yeah xD lol xD

i saw that not much people like YoonKai couple, but I just want to make happy endings for all of 'em ;~~~~;

so yeah~ lol xD

oh, and in case you guys are wondering how a coral honeysuckle looks like, here you go:

this coral honeycomb flower is not catogarized as a flower to some people, because it shapes like leaves. but it is actually a flower. it means "i love you in every situation". Pretty deep meaning, right? C:

 

i'm actually a big fan of flowers, so you can ask me about any flowers xD
anyone here is a fan of flowers? xD lol~