Chapter 6

Suddenly In Love

 

Krystal’s POV

                I kept on following Minho to wherever he’s going to take me. All I could see was his back. And it was only silence during the walk. We kept on walking and walking until I realize that we were heading to the auditorium.

                “Where are you taking me?” I started a conversation.

                He didn’t turn around to face me. Instead he answered lightly, “Secret.”

                “It’s the way to the auditorium,” I said.

                “Yeah, you can say we’re going there.”

                “We don’t even have the key.”

                He shook his head. “It’s not “we”, it’s just you.”

                “You mean you have the key?” I started walking beside him. I’m curious to see his expression. It’s because he’s acting weird. He usually talks a lot, but this time, it was me who started the conversation. He even keeps his answers short. And I’m starting to be paranoid. Maybe he’s going to take me somewhere alone and do anything bad to me. I looked at him deeply, to see if he had that kind of thinking. But he suddenly stared back at me.

                “Why are you looking at me like I am going to you?” Minho said. Then he laughed.

                This guy…

                I let out a deep sigh.

                “We’re almost there,” he said. We’re in front of a door, next to the auditorium. He opened the door and the first thing I saw nothing. It’s an empty room.

                “It’s just an empty room,” I said.

                “I didn’t say we arrived yet,” he replied. This guy is getting more and more annoying each second.

                The room is not big, it’s just around 4m2, and it’s dark. My heart beats fast, because I hate the dark. My paranoid brain started working again until he suddenly opened another door. This time, the door is smaller. It’s less wide than all other doors in this school. But I can pass through it, even Minho, who has big figure. We just need to go one by one. I took a peek when Minho started walking to the other room. It’s also dark. I wasn’t brave enough to follow Minho. So I just looked at him who’s walking in the dark.

                Click.

                The lights in that room was , Minho turned it on. So I stepped inside. When the lights are on, I can see pretty clearly that the small door had the same color with the wall. So not much people with notice it. This room is full of chairs, but I don’t know what for

                There is another two doors across the room, but I didn’t bother to ask.

                “That door on the left is going to the audio and visual room, and that door on the right is going to the backstage. That dark room before was usually the storage room. And this room was also the storage room. No one used this room again, because we have new storage room, on the other side of the auditorium,” Minho explained.

                “So you’re taking me here?” I asked him, still curious on what he’s planning to do.

                “No, I thought you were afraid of dark, that’s why I stop here for a while, to explain stuffs to you,” he replied.

                “I’m not afraid!”

                “Then you should see your face before I the lights,” he laughed.

                See? I really want to punch him in the face!

                “So we’re going or not?” I asked in annoyed tone.

                He looked at me and nodded. Suddenly he turned off the lights. Then I heard a gasp -my own gasp. Crap! I need to lock my mouth next time.

                “Are you okay?” Minho asked.

                “Yeah, I’m fine,” I answered.

                “You’re afraid of dark, don’t you?” He teased me.

                “Are we going or not!?”

                He laughed.

                “Minho!”

                He stopped laughing. “Sorry, if you’re afraid you just need to say it.”

                “I am not!”

                “Fine then,” I saw his shadow was turning around.

                “Okay,  I don’t like dark too much. I’m not afraid I just don’t like,” I said embarrassedly. Then he turned around to face me again. He took my hand and pulled me close.

                “You should’ve said it before,” he said. “Just hold my hand.”

                I stayed quiet, so did he. He walked and opened the door, at the same time he’s leading my way. And I was comfortable with the dark when he held my hand.

                …

                Crap! What am I thinking!

**

Minho’s POV

                I opened the left door, which heading to the audio and visual control room. I held Krystal’s hand carefully. I walked quietly, don’t know what to say. And the only thing I heard was just our footsteps and… my heartbeat? This is weird. I kept assuring myself that it’s not my heartbeat I’m hearing, while leading Krystal to the control room.

                “Wait here,” I said to her and released her hand. I the lights and I hear a relief sigh from Krystal. Then I took a chair and stood on the chair. I pulled out a ladder that connects this room to… my room. Or my hangout place. I went down and put away the chair. “You go first,” I told her.

                “What If it’s dark there?” she asked.

                She’s really afraid of dark, isn’t she? That’s kinda cute.

                “It’s not dark, trust me. It just looks dark from here. But if you want, I’ll climb first. You can climb this ladder by yourself right?”

                “Of course I can! Don’t you know how athletic I am?”

                True, I heard the rumors that Krystal Jung is the ace of all kind of sports, like me. We do have something in common at least.

                I climbed the ladder and gave a signal to Krystal to go up. The ladder is not that tall, with a few steps she arrived here, on my hangout place.

                “And finally, we arrived,” I said as I walked to my favorite couch and lay there. “It’s not dark right?” But Krystal didn’t say anything. I looked at her. She was looking at the glass wall around this room, and she’s facing the outside view, where there are a lot of plants and flower there. Well, I could’ve guess that she looked at that place. It’s not like she will mesmerized seeing the other side, which is the auditorium stage.

                “You know, there’s a door if you want to go there,” I said to her.

                This room has a door to access the school’s rooftop, where many beautiful plants and flowers are planted. Not much people know how to go to the school’s rooftop, only me and my four friends, and also Krystal now.

                Krystal shook her head. “Not today,” she said. “I’m more curious about how did you find this place.” She walked around the room, as if she’s checking everything.

                “Well, Jonghyun and I were bored when we were in class, so we decided to take a walk. We found the storage room and my sharp eyes caught the ‘secret’ door, and we started walking and walking and we ended up here. So we told the other guys and make this place as our hangout place,” I said.

                When my story is done, she turned to me. “Can I come here anytime?”

                “Just don’t bring anyone else,” I replied.

                “It won’t be fun to be alone, especially in the rooms before,” she said.

                I thought to myself for a while. If she brings someone, it must be Victoria, and I’m afraid she will tell everyone else. But if Krystal’s alone, she won’t make it. She’s afraid of the dark. Then…

                I stood up and grabbed her bag.

                “Yah!” I ignored her and kept looking for her phone. Found it!

                “Yah! What are you going to do with my phone?”

                I pressed some numbers- my cell phone number and gave the phone back to her.

                “Just text me anytime you want to come here,” I said.

                “What if you have class?”

                “I’ll skip that class for you,”

                “What if you have test in that class?”

                That’s true, what if I have test.

                “Then you can bring Victoria. ONLY Victoria. Tell her to shut about this place.”

                She nodded. “Okay!”

                “But make her as an option, just text me first,” I added and she rolled her eyes in response.

**