Chapter 20

Suddenly In Love

 

Krystal’s POV

                Everything was back into normal with Minho. Every morning Minho would pick me up every morning to school and he would drop me off at my house after school. Sometimes on weekends, we hang out together with his friends, or with my friends.

                A month has passed after knowing Minho, and I had this feeling that I’m turning to a better Krystal. I used to be someone who doesn’t know anyone at school except Victoria, Luna, Amber and Sulli. But now I know Onew, Jonghyun, Key, Taemin, Sehun, Kai, and Minho. Not just them, but I know most of my school mates. I’m no longer the Ice Princess now.

                Nothing much changed actually. But Victoria is now in a good-term with the ‘nerd’ Thailand-transferred guy, Nichkhun. Onew and Luna are dating now, which excite Victoria very much- thankfully. Taemin just confessed to Sulli that he is not over her yet, and Sulli told me that she started to like Taemin as well. Amber, well- I think she would look great with Key. Whenever they met, they would have bickering, but they seemed to enjoy it. Although Amber is a tomboy, I think she is very compatible with Diva Key. My sister has gone on a lot of dates with Jonghyun lately. So everyone is doing great for the past month.

                “Soojung!” Sehun jumped behind me as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. “Excited for the holiday?”

                “Super!” I replied.

As time goes by, Sehun and I become best friends. We always tell each other everything. We also hang out a lot, like watching movies, having dinner together- but none of them were dates although it was just the two of us.

Some people even gossips about me and Sehun being together, but it doesn’t bother us. One thing for sure, it bothers Minho very much. When the gossip first appeared, he followed me at school all the time. He even skipped all of his classes just to make sure I don’t get too close to Sehun. Sehun and I would laugh about it sometimes, seeing how silly Minho is.

                “Soojung ah, let’s go the coffee shop today after school,” Sehun suggested and I gave him a nod.           

                “Then let’s find Minho first to say that I’m coming home with you,” I replied and he stopped walking. Because he had his arm around me, I stopped walking as well.

                Sehun looked at me closely and then he pouted. “Soojung ah, Minho Hyung is not your boyfriend so why do you have to tell him every time we’re going to hang out?”

                I chuckled at his action. “Your aegyo doesn’t work on me. But true, Minho is not my boyfriend. But I should be polite and tell him, so he won’t be worried and waited for me.”

                “He’s not your boyfriend so why should he be worried?” Sehun pouted even more. I bit my lower lip, don’t know how to reply to Sehun. “Fine, fine, just tell him. But I’m going with you.”

**

Minho’s POV

                I was laughing to a joke Jonghyun told us when suddenly I saw Soojung with Sehun’s arm wrapped on her shoulder. I immediately excused myself from the group, and Key rolled his eyes after seeing my action.

                “Krystal is officially more important than us now,” Key joked and the other 3 laughed at his statement. I decided to let his words slip and walked approaching Soojung and Sehun.

                “Minho Hyung, I’m gonna take Soojung out today and she said to ask for your permission,” Sehun said as soon as we were close enough to talk to each other.

                “I’m not giving you that permission,” I said as I push Sehun’s hand away from Soojung and replaced it with mine.

                “Not fair, just because you’re older you can prevent me going out with my Soojung like that,” Sehun replied and I glared at him.

                “She’s not yours,” I said.

                “She’s not yours either,” he added and I stood there dumbfounded. “Either way, I’m still gonna take Soojung out.”

                Sehun grabbed Soojung by the hand and pulled her away from me.

                Calm down, Minho, calm down. Don’t get jealous to that little kid.

**

Krystal’s POV

                I was sitting on the table near the window alone, while Sehun was ordering our drink. After a while he sat down across me, and gave me my caramel macchiato and he himself drank a cup of black coffee.

                “So what are you planning to do this holiday?” I asked Sehun who was still blowing his coffee.

                “Hmm… Nothing much actually, maybe I’m just gonna invade your house every single day,” he said jokingly. “How about you then?”

                “Well, I’m just gonna wait for your invasion,” I replied and we both laughed hearing our stupid conversation.

                “So Soojung, I had always wanted to ask you something,” he said when I was sipping my macchiato.

                “What is it?”

                “So do you really like Minho Hyung?” Sehun asked with his eyes locked on mine. I froze at his gaze- his serious gaze. His gaze was not like his usual gaze, it was deeper and more serious.

                I sighed before sipping my drink once again. “I don’t know. I have to say that I have a little something for him, but I don’t even know if our relationship is going anywhere.”

                “He said that he likes me, but I’m not very sure that he still does,” I continued and Sehun nodded slowly.

                “You know that sometimes guys are afraid of commitments, right?” Sehun asked and this time I was the one who nodded slowly.

                “You don’t think Minho is that kind of guy, right?” I asked Sehun back.

                Sehun sipped his coffee before answering, “I don’t know. But have you ever doubt about him?”

                “Truth be told, yes. I am afraid if this is really not going anywhere, while my feelings are growing stronger each day,” I sighed.

                “Have you ever considering asking him about you two being in a serious relationship?”

                “I have never think of that, and even if I have, I don’t dare to ask like that, really,” I chuckled at my own words and Sehun smiled.

                “Jung Soojung,” Sehun called me with my full name, which made me stare into his eyes. “Can’t you just give me a chance?”

                I blinked at his question. “What do you mean?”

                “I know you’re not stupid, Soojung ah. Don’t play dumb,” he continued.

                “Sehun ah, really, I don’t get it,” I said and Sehun sighed.

                “So I have to spill it out for you?”

                I blinked again.

                “I like you, Jung Soojung.”

                My eyes grew wider as he said so. I couldn’t think of anything to say. Even if I have anything to say, I don’t think I could say it, because my throat was just suddenly dry. I was frozen and unable to react.

                “So please just give me a chance,” Sehun continued, with a pleading tone in his voice and sincere eyes staring at me. “Even if you don’t give me that chance now, you know I’ll wait for you.”

                And that instant I am really at loss of words.

**

                “Are you serious!?” Amber was shocked when I was telling her everything. “And then what did you say?”

                “I said that I need time to think,” I answered and Amber shook her head in disbelief.

                “I don’t believe Sehun would say that!”

                “Neither do I,” I sighed.

                “Then what about Minho? You love him, right?” Amber added.

                “I don’t even know if I really love him. I mean, I have that something, a little spark when I’m with him, but how do I know that it is really is love?”

                “Soojung ah, you’re thinking about too much theory in your head. This is reality, not a story book. You have to feel it with your heart and stop thinking about theories.”

**

Sehun’s POV

                I lied flat on my stomach with my eyes closed when suddenly I received a small attack of a pillow from behind. I immediately opened my eyes and saw the direction where the pillow came from.

                “Yah, Kim Jongin!”

                Kai just laughed in respond. “Why do you seem so lifeless?” He took his pillow back and sat on his bed.

                “I do?”

                “You do.”

                I stayed quiet for a while and Kai just stared at me, waiting for my reply.

                “Jonginnie,” I called. “Do you like anyone right now?”

                Kai’s eyes grew wider and he scoffed at my statement. “Seriously, Sehun? This topic? Is this what’s bothering you? If I like anyone? Why? Do you like anyone, and afraid if I like that girl too? No, Sehun, no, don’t worry, I like no one.”

                I rolled my eyes and sat straight, facing Kai. “Liar,” I mumbled. By the way he talked earlier, Sehun knew he was lying. I stared at Kai deeply and Kai only gave me a seemingly innocent smirk.

                Suddenly a name crossed my mind.

                “You liked Sulli, don’t you!?” I pointed my finger to him and his face turned pale in just a second. “You do!”

                “I don’t!”

                “Yes, you do! As soon as I said her name, your face went pale, and now you’re blushing,” I chuckled as soon as I said it. Kai shook his head.

                “No, no, you’re wrong. She’s with Taemin, no way I’m taking her away from him,” Kai denied but I just nodded with a smirk. “Yah!” Kai threw his pillow once again to me and this time I was fast enough to catch it.

                “Anyway, you like someone, don’t you?” Kai asked back, with a teasing smile, but I replied his teasing with a serious expression. I hugged Kai’s pillow and pouted.

                “I guess I do,” I shrugged before continuing. “But she doesn’t like me back.”

                Kai nodded.

                “I want to give up on her, especially because she likes a friend of mine. But I just can’t,” I added.

                “I know how you feel. You feel wronged if you take her away from your friend, but at the same time it hurts seeing her with that friend, right?” Kai replied and I nodded. He sighed.

                “So you do like Sulli!” I chuckled in amusement and Kai’s face turned red once again. He immediately stood up and left the room, “Whatever, Sehun!”

**