Chapter 9

Suddenly In Love

 

Krystal’s POV

                I sat in front of my dressing table, to dry my wet hair. I looked at my own reflection in the mirror and smiled to myself. I haven’t smile to people a lot lately. It has been 5 years… 5 years I have this image as an ice princess, continuing my sister’s path. It has been 5 years, I never have a ‘good’ conversation with anyone else except Victoria, Sulli, Amber and Luna. But these days, there’s someone who I can have a ‘good’ conversation with, and that’s Minho. Choi Minho.

                Suddenly I heard a knock on my door, and the door was opened. It’s Jessica Eonni.

                “Hey, Jungie,” she greeted.

                “Hey, Eonni,” I greeted back.     

                “So…,” she started. “How’s school?”

                “Well, I told you, I got a perfect score for biology quiz,” I replied, while looking at her from the mirror. She looked back at me through the mirror too.

                “Good then,” she smiled.

                I nodded, and there’s an awkward silence, which don’t happen a lot between us. Usually our silence is really comfortable, but somehow, this one is an awkward one.

                “You know,” Sica Eonni broke the silence. “When I was exactly your age,” she continued.

                “Five years ago…,” I mumbled to myself.

                “Yeah, five years ago,” Sica Eonni heard what I said. “I feel in love with this guy.”

                “Donghae Oppa,” I cut her off.

                She let out a weak chuckle. “Yeah, Donghae Oppa.”

                “And?”

                “He broke my heart,” she said before letting out a sad sigh.

                “I know that,” I stopped drying my hair and turned around to her.

                She chuckled once again. “I know that you know. You’re always there for me, Jungie. You’re the one who protected me. I hate him for breaking my heart just like that, but I hate the fact that you’re no longer the cheerful and friendly Soojung I used to know, more,” she said.

                True, I was a friendly girl back then, but after seeing my sister broke down like that, I just can’t help it. My sister was a quiet person back then, and I was the opposite of her, I was more of a loud type. But we get along with each other well, we protected each other. We love each other so much. But then there’s Donghae Oppa, who was the only one who can break into Sica Eonni’s quietness. I was happy for her. Although her love for me was then divided for Donghae Oppa, I didn’t mind, because my sister was happy. But then after a few months, Donghae Oppa left my sister without any word, which broke her into pieces. She was back being her old self, a quiet girl, but now even colder. People called her ‘Ice Princess’. She doesn’t talk to anyone, except me. And even though she looked fine and normal with everything, but for someone who knows her so well and saw her changes, I just knew that all this affected her so bad. It left a permanent scar for her. It broke me to see her like that, so I promised myself that I won’t fall in love, and in order to do that, I must be like my sister, an ‘Ice Princess’.

                “I never tried to talk to you about this, but I honestly miss the old Krystal, the old Jung Soojung,” she continued. I looked down. “I close myself to the world, but at the same time I was trying to move on. But you, you didn’t even hurt, why did you close yourself to the world, too?”

                “And look what I have done now. I’ve moved on, I’m okay with Donghae Oppa, even if it took five years to do so. But the fact that I’m still trying to change myself to the old me, after I met Donghae Oppa, is still there. I just need to do better. I’ve tried to open myself to the world, and stop looking at the past.”

                “Why are you saying this to me, Eonni?” I asked her, still looking down.

                “I was just afraid if you close yourself too much to your world. But when you came home today, and saw your happy face, it reminds me of… myself, when I met Donghae Oppa. It’s like you’ve fallen in love.”

**

                Sica Eonni’s words ran all over my brain all the time. I couldn’t sleep that night thinking of Sica’s Eonni statement.

                “It’s like you’ve fallen in love.”

                With who? I have no close guy friends. Or did I fall for either Victoria, Sulli, Amber or Luna? Geez! No way, I’m sure I’m still normal.

                Suddenly a name crossed my mind.

                Choi Minho.

                I hit my head lightly. No way it’s him. I just met him 2 days ago. I can’t fall in love that easily, especially to him.

                Gah!! I rolled on my bed. I checked the clock, and it was 2 in the morning. I need to sleep! I closed my eyes and hid myself under my blanket.

                …

                Tic… Toc… Tic… Toc…

                I opened my blanket. I CAN’T SLEEP!

                Okay, Choi Minho, since you are still my slave, I’ll make you leave me for a day. We’ll see, if I can pass the day without you, I’ll take it as Sica Eonni was wrong, about me being in love. If I can’t, then… well, you know what, I don’t want to say it. But it can’t be, right? Of course I can pass the day without him, it’s not hard. Pfft! Now I really NEED to go to bed, I’m starting to talk non sense.

**