여덟

Love, Your Baekhyun Oppa
Please log in to read the full chapter

Double chapter as an apology :(

Some people commented that the character relationships was a little confusing and so I thought I'll put this out here for now. 

Chaerin's Father's side: Grandfather owns Kim Hospitals, and Grandmother owns Samsung. Grandfather and grandmother is divorced. 

Chaerin's Mother's side: Owns Lotte

Hence, Chaerin is the heiress for Lotte and Samsung

Mark is Chaerin's cousin, his mother and her father are siblings. Mark's father is chinese and hence the chinese surname. They own Hyundai.

In this chapter, revelations include how Kris is related and Kai as well. 

“I told you to stay away from this family, didn't you hear me?” The elder man snarled at Kris as he shrunk back slightly into his seat. You sat there, slightly puzzled at what was going on. Why was your grandfather talking to Yifan this way?

“Stop talking to him like that, why do you always have to talk down to everyone!” You shouted, finally bursting out in anger. The elder man stared at you in disbelief, raising his hand to hit you as you saw Mark catch his fist with his hand.

“Don’t touch her!” He scowled, sitting back down as he pulled you behind him. The elder man simply clucked his tongue under his breath as you withered slightly under his sharp gaze. Smirking slightly, the man clicked his fingers as the secretary behind him passed him a folder.

“Kim Inha, age four, diagnosed with aplastic anemia, she’s staying in my hospital isn’t she,” he started as you sat up quickly, staring at him in horror. Upon seeing your reaction, he leered, his lips quirking up at the sides as you clenched your bed sheets into tight balls. How dare he. How dare he threatened a little girl.

“Don’t you dare touch her. You promised…you promised me that you wouldn’t touch Jongin,” you shouted as the other two males stared at you in shock. That was what he promised you back then. He promised you that if you wouldn’t go chase after Jongin, he would leave him alone. And now, this extended to his sister as well.

“Did I?” He smirked, raising a taunting eyebrow as you bit back a retort. No matter how much respect you were supposed to give the elder, you couldn’t help but want to smack your fist right across his grinning face. For once in your life, you really wanted to. It would be an incredibly weak and insufficient form of retribution for all he has done. But it was suffice.

“You, you promised me, that if I didn’t chase after Jongin, that you would let him be. It extends to his sister as well,” you reasoned as the older man just gave a sarcastic laugh before bursting into laughter, laughter that made you feel uncomfortable inside.

“I promised you? Oh, my dear, you have no idea how many promises I made. Let me tell you one, about this boy sitting here, he – “ the man was cut off by Kris who stood up quickly, pushing the elder man backwards. Enraged, he raised a fist as he smacked the boy across his face, causing him to fall to the ground.

“Kris/Sunbaenim!” The two of you called out in a panic, as Mark leant down, to pull Kris back to his feet. With a trembling fist, Kris turned to the elder man.

“You have no right to say anything,” he shouted as the man just stared at him like how he would regard a bug on his arm. Unimportant, uninterested. Shrinking back at his gaze, the elder man merely scoffed as he continued.

“More than fifteen or sixteen years ago, I found out that the housekeeper’s son who was living in my son's house was not a simple poor boy. He was the result of a mistake, that my son had made a few years before he got married. When I found out, I was furious. How dare he let such trash stay in my house?” The elder man started again as your eyes widened, staring at Kris in shock. As if he was embarrassed, the boy looked down, his eyes trailed on his fingers as he bit his lip slightly.

“And to make it worse, that trash grew up with my granddaughter, someone she regarded as an ‘older-brother’. Little did she know how right she was. My other grandson was living somewhere in America, after my youngest daughter uprooted and left. But she was all I had left. But she was being polluted by that trash,” he insulted further. Kris had looked away, his eyes welled up with tears as you clenched your hands into fists. That man had to choose words that hurt the most, to hit where the wound was raw and sore.

“So I made a deal with that stupid boy and his of a mother. If they agree to move out of my household, I would give them the money to move away far away, never to live the life of a housekeeper again. But, for someone who is the lowest rung of society, they had their pride. They turned down the offer,” he continued, as you paled, realising just how selfish and scary this man could be. He had the decency to threaten a then-ten year old and not even feel guilty about it.

“So I took another approach. If he didn't do as I say, I would make his sister’s life hell. There are many companies who want to join with mine, to be co-owners of Kim Hospitals. Anyone would want their sons to marry the sole granddaughter eligible of taking over the business. So, before the dawn, he packed his things to leave,” the man declared triumphantly as you felt bile creep up your throat. He used you to threaten Kris, the sole thing that could possibly hurt him. And Kris had chosen to protect you, to move away in order to protect you.

“But things didn’t go as planned. When I was leaving the next morning, you saw me, and you dashed out. You didn't look carefully and it was only when I heard the crash that I realised you were behind me,” Kris continued softly, his voice cracking slightly as everything started to clear up for you. When you were about five, about a year before you met Jongin, you had gotten into an accident, which left you totally void of any memories that happened before that.

“It was a blessing in a way. There was no way for you to remember me, making it safe for you. And you would never have to remember the horrible things your grandfather did to you,” Kris concluded quietly as you stared at him in confusion. Just how bad could the things be, for an accident that caused your skull to almost split open be considered a good thing.

The room was so silent, you could hear a pin drop. Mark had stiffened considerably next to you, upon realising just how cruel the man you were related to could be. Your mind reeling, you bit your lip slightly, before picking up your phone, dialling a familiar number.

“Lawyer Park? This is Kim Chaerin,” you spoke when the man on the other line picked up the phone.

“I would like to request for you to draw up a restraining order, against my grandfather. I should have done this a long time ago, but out of respect for this man, I did not. Make sure, that by law he cannot come within a hundred metres or two of me, Wu Yifan, Mark Tuan Yi-en, Kim Jongin, Kim Inha, Oh Sehun, Byun Baekhyun, Kim Minseok, Luhan, Kim Joonmyeon, Zhang Yixing, Kim Jongdae, Do Kyungsoo and Park Chanyeol,” you announced, deciding to do something you should have a long time ago. This was the last straw. You had no more feelings in your heart for this man, no more kinship, no more love, and definitely no more respect.

Park Chanyeol? The voice on the other side of the phone paused as he registered the different names you had just nodded. Giving a soft yes in acquiesce, the man cleared his throat before repeating what you had asked him to wri

Please log in to read the full chapter