Love, Your Baekhyun Oppa
Please log in to read the full chapter

A sharp jolt of pain shot through your body as you writhed in pain. This was the first time you had actually experienced pain after the incident and it hurt so badly. It felt like someone was stabbing you with a million knives, and no spot was comfortable to lie down on. Groaning, you shifted slightly from side to side, tears of pain trickling down your cheeks.

Clutching onto the teddy bear, you squeezed it tightly as you tried to hold back the pain. The huge gash on your arm felt like it was being reopened and it burned. Whimpering in pain, you sobbed, not realizing that the door had opened.

There was a hasty shout for the nurse who came running in with some painkillers, injecting them into your IV line. When the pain finally subsided, you let go of the teddy bear, and relaxed while hiccupping slightly, your pillow wet with your tears.

Smoothing out your hair, the visitors sat by your bed, waiting for you to talk. Now that you were more coherent and less in pain, you realized why this had happened. Yesterday, you hadn’t had the usual bout of painkillers before you slept.

“I’m sorry, we should have come earlier. Are you alright now?” A gentle voice called out softly from next to your bed as you nodded slowly, opening your eyes to see the members sitting on or next to your bed, while Baekhyun combed his fingers through your hair.

Struggling to sit up slightly, Baekhyun quickly caught hold of you and helped you to sit up slowly. “Oppas came again? You really shouldn’t come so often, you guys are busy,” you complained softly as Sehun just smiled, his eyes crinkling into small crescents and you found yourself unconsciously smiling back in response.

“Don’t worry too much about us; we’re only staying a little bit anyways. Different members will come; perhaps Kai, he got injured yesterday at practice and he’s downstairs getting his back checked up on,” Baekhyun noted, as your eyes widened slightly. Kai? You couldn’t imagine yourself spending time with him all alone, he would probably kill you with his death glare if you tried.

“Kai?” You asked, your face twisting into a grimace as the five members burst into laughter, with Chanyeol guffawing at the side.

“If Kim Kai knew of your reaction, he’ll probably cry himself to sleep, that has to been hands-down the most repulsive face I’ve ever seen someone give when it came to him,” Chanyeol chuckled as you saw D.O break into a small smile at the side as well.

It wasn’t that you hated Kai, but in your mind, you knew it was fully possible, that he hated you.

A soft ruffle of your hair pulled you from your reverie as you looked up, to see the rest of the K members standing up with smiles on their faces.

“The few of us have something to do so we’ll leave first. Kai should be coming up anytime soon, so have fun,” Baekhyun smiled slightly as you stared at him in horror, your eyes wide. You weren’t prepared for this; you had to find someway to avoid this situation. But before you could come up with any plausible solution, the members smiled with a wave, before leaving the room.

Sinking deeper into the bed, you shut your eyes tightly. Perhaps, if he saw you sleeping, you would go away, that way, you wouldn't have to face the unnecessarily awkward situation head-on. Sighing, you swung your feet over to the side, testing out your ankle gingerly. It seemed to have healed by now, but you rather not put pressure on it if you didn't have to.

Pressing the button located next to your bed, you waited for a moment before a nurse popped her head into the room.

“Could I get a wheelchair? I would like to wander around the hospital,” you requested as the nurse nodded, shutting the door lightly. Not before long, she returned, hooking your IV bag to the wheelchair before helping you onto the seat. There was a steering stick on the armrest, allowing you to steer yourself easily. Testing the system out, you thanked her before moving out of the room.

You were evidently in a relatively secluded area of the hospital where the interior seemed more like that of a hotel than a medical institution. The walls were lacquered a light brown, the design simple yet sophisticated. Moving slowly towards what seemed to be a reception, you paused when you heard a soft familiar voice.

“It doesn’t look good, her prognosis came back this morning and it doesn’t look like she’s going to make it much longer if we can’t find a suitable person,” a member of the staff explained, her voice sympathetic and apologetic.

Please log in to read the full chapter