열일곱

Love, Your Baekhyun Oppa
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Jongin…” You whispered, feeling your heart drop even further when you saw Baekhyun exit the room, his eyes wide, evidently hearing what had transpired. This was the worst way you could have imagined for Jongin to realise, and while there was no harm in Baekhyun discovering the fact, you rather it remained a secret forever.

Jongin’s face was an ashen grey, his lips slightly in disbelief, the split can long forgotten. You could see the emotions flashing across his face; confusion, betrayal, regret. This was one of the reasons why you didn't want him to find out. Having him find out that you were the anonymous donor he was looking for sent many signals, some of which was unintended.

The door to the room suddenly shut as Baekhyun coughed awkwardly, wanting to escape the situation. This quickly drew Jongin’s attention towards the said boy, and his face fell lower, if that was even remotely possible. At that, you knew he had drawn to an incorrect conclusion as he ran his fingers through his hair.

Shaking his head to himself, he his heel, marching off in the direction he came from.

Giving a small nod to the nurse and ignoring Baekhyun who called out for you, you quickly dashed after Jongin.

“Kai, you stop right there… KIM JONGIN!” You shouted, your voice reverbing through the halls, biting your lip in embarrassment as someone hushed you in annoyance.

But your call had evidently done its job right. The boy halted in his step, standing in front of you, his back still turned.

Reaching him quickly, you tugged on his wrist, swivelling him around to face you.

To your surprise, his eyes were damp, and his fingers clenched into a tight fist.

“You can’t just run away, at least wait to hear what I have to say,” you murmured, taken aback by his tears. Frowning, Jongin snatched his hand away from your grip, rubbing harshly at his eyes as he stared at you, his eyes empty.

“Jongin, I…” you started, feeling a sense of fear wash over you.

“Why… why did you do it?” He asked quietly, his voice cracking slightly. Biting your lip, you gulped down the lump in your throat, not knowing how to reply him.

Why did you do it?

It never occurred to you, to think of why you did it. It was never a question in your mind, not when the answer was so clear. You felt like helping her, you needed to help her. When you found out that she shared the same rare blood group as her and when you saw her lying on that hospital bed, you just knew you had to help.

Because she was Jongin’s sister.

The reason suddenly became so clear, clear as day. You helped this girl you didn't know because she was Jongin’s sister. Because you saw how Jongin broke down because of her, because you knew how important she was to him.

Because of how important he was to you.

“I just wanted to help her,” you replied, deciding to keep your thoughts to yourself. Your thoughts, which confused you, which contradicted what you thought, which threw you back into the swamp of emotions you thought you had escaped back then.

“But why? After all I’ve done to hurt you, after all I put you through,” he whispered back in disbelief as you bit your lip. The more he questioned you, the more the feelings you had kept hidden resurfaced, the greater the urge you felt to just spill the beans, to tell him everything.

“She’s your sister Jong, how could I…”

Before you could finish your sentence, the boy stepped forward, closing the gap between your two bodies as his strong arms pulled you towards him, his hand tilting your chin upwards. Warm lips smashed against yours, needy, insistent and desperate. Feeling the familiar warmth, you leant into his touch, your lips still, not reciprocating the fervour of his lips massaging yours.

Tilting his head slightly, he pressed in further, tightening his grip around your waist. Your heart was a mess, beating madly within your chest, the adrenaline rush causing you to feel light-headed. Feeling his lips part slightly, you gave in, fully leaning in his emb

Please log in to read the full chapter