이십이

Love, Your Baekhyun Oppa
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Unedited. PLEASE COMMENT

The rest of the car ride there got gradually less awkward as time ticked by. Whatever awkwardness there was between the two of you, quickly dissipated as he teased you continuously, poking you on the cheek, ruffling your once-perfect hair, and simply being Jungkook. You could tell he was putting in effort and who were you to deny him that when you were the cause of his problems to start with?

Nevertheless, you felt a wave of relief wash over you. The two of you were going to be okay, eventually. And that was good enough for you. Seeing the car pull into the entrance of the hotel, Jungkook reached over, as you leant back slightly due to the sudden closeness.

Arranging your hair behind your ear, he laid one hand upon your cheek lightly, a soft smile on his face as he brushed down your tuille skirt which had fluffed up while you sat.

“When we walk out of the car, there’s going to be tons of paparazzis there, since it’s a pretty big charity dinner, and there will be talk about how I’m going with you and not Mark. We’ll just release articles that we were there as friends alright? Let loose, and know that I’m with you all the way, don’t let what others say affect you. I’m here to protect you and not harm you, don't you worry,” he smiled fondly at you, giving your hand a gentle squeeze as you nodded slightly.

Although the country knew that some idols in the industries were chaebol heirs, it was still the talk of the town whenever these events came up. Who they came with, what they were wearing, what they did. Everything became a source of gossip and tonight you were sure, was going to be no exception.

Jungkook was a member of an insanely popular boy-band after all.

As the car drew in a stop, Jungkook pressed down his suit before opening the door, stepping out before rounding over to your side to open the door, offering a hand for you which you gladly accepted. Stepping out, shutters flashed in your face as you winced slightly, looking down at your feet to not step on the dress. Falling on your face was sure to make the headlines tomorrow, and that was something you would like to avoid if possible.

Despite the paparazzi and the media standing behind the rope barriers, the sheer amount of cameras and microphones ed in your face was causing you to become quickly disoriented. Sensing your discomfort, Jungkook shielded your eyes with one hand, pulling you gently as he continued down the red carpet which had been rolled out earlier that evening.

Stepping into the doors, the sudden silence was deafening as you shook your head slightly, trying to get rid of the ringing in your ears.

“Scary isn’t it? Imagine having that at every event you went to, every day,” Jungkook shuddered slightly, removing his long overcoat, revealing the jet-black tuxedo he wore underneath. Handing your clutch and your coat to the counter, he gently lead you inside, where the ball’s photographer was waiting.

“This way please, a few words on what you're wearing tonight?” He requested as the two of you posed, Jungkook’s hand resting comfortably on your waist as he pulled you in towards him gently. After a few snaps, the two of you went over, to see how the pictures turned out. One of them had you leaning slightly into Jungkook, your head resting against his shoulder while his hand gripped onto your waist lightly. Satisfied, the photographer nodded before taking out his notepad.

“She’s wearing a bespoke dress from Elie Saab and I’m wearing a Kiton Italian cut suit in Jet black. Now if you’ll excuse us,” Jungkook replied politely as the photographer nodded, shaking both your hands as he headed off to handle the next pair that had walked through the doors.

“It wasn't this hectic last year,” you murmured under your breath as Jungkook laughed, his hand still draped around your waist.

“Last year had less celebrities. This year’s charity ball invited tons of them, lots of actors. Hyungs are coming later too. I believe other than EXO, NCT as well as other idols are in here too, look isn’t that Lee Junki sunbaenim?” He pointed discreetly as you scanned the room. Now that you looked more closely, you could see some familiar faces, faces you only saw on TV.

A sudden tap on your shoulder as you turned around, feeling a wet sensation on your cheek. Shocked, you stepped back, only to meet kohl-lined eyes that creased at the edges when the boy smiled.

“Are you crazy? Jesus. Look at all the cameras here,” you scolded the playful boy in English as the boy shrugged, swinging one arm comfortably around your shoulder. Hearing a chuckle, you spotted another familiar face as the two of you led you to a corner to talk, with Jungkook tailing behind.

“Mark Lee. You can’t do that. We’re not in Canada anymore,” you chided as the boy laughed, his hair flopping back slightly when he leaned back. Behind him, the handsome boy rolled his eyes as you smiled.

“Hey TY, long time no see,” you greeted him with a high-five as Minhyung pouted slightly.

“That’s not cool dude, you didn't even greet me,” he frowned as you simply patted him on a shoulder. Seeing as how he was probably not going to get any comfort from you, he bounded over to your other side, chatting amicably with Jungkook. The two of them were close, having attended the same high school, the one with the ugly- mustard uniform.

Jungkook’s dad had thrown a hissy-fit back then, seeing as how his son who had topped his middle-school, ended up going to a performing arts high school where most idols attended. There, he met Mark, or Minhyung, and Taeyong and the four of you hanged out sometimes, together with Tuan. It got confusing sometimes, when you called Mark, and two heads would turn.

So, you resorted to calling them by their other names, Yi-en and Minhyung when they were together. It didn't roll off your tongue that smoothly, but it’ll suffice.

Feeling a tap on your shoulder, you turned slightly, as Taeyong waved you closer, leaning down to whisper in your ear.

“You should be careful, I heard some people gossiping earlier. One of the members of Twice I believe. This is their first year to the gala so they don't know who you are. One of them has a major crush on Jungkook and she is mighty pissed that he came with you. Watch your back,” Taeyong warned as you nodded, scanning the room.

Catching a hostile glare in your direction, you focused your eyes on her. A girl in a red mini-dress, her hair swept into a messy bun atop her head. Her glare on you intensified when she saw Taeyong bending down to whisper in your ear again.

“Is that her? The girl in the red mini dress?” You asked as Taeyong looked in the direction you were staring at, before giving a stiff nod in reply. Nodding in thanks, you urged him to go socialise while you walked away, heading over to the refreshments table to grab a drink.

Today was a good time for these idols to socialise seeing as how some popular directors and CEOs were around. It was a good opportunity to get some advertisement or drama deals, and as a good friend, you thought it was best for the few of them to mix around.

Taking a seat at one of the tables near the back, you took a sip of the rose-colored liquid, pouting slightly at its bitter taste. It had looked innocent back

Please log in to read the full chapter