열여섯

Love, Your Baekhyun Oppa
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: This chapter may make you a bit uncomfortable, so I apologise in advance. 

“Ms Kim, we have been expecting you, please, this way,” the nurse gestured with one hand, guiding you towards the room at the back. Turning back, you looked at Baekhyun square in the eye, gesturing him to follow him.

But he stood there, his stance wavering; almost as if he had regretted following you. You could see it in his eyes, the inner conflict of whether he really wanted to find out your secret, a fact that most people didn't know.

Sighing, you reached down, tugging his hand insistently as the two of you entered the room together, where a middle-aged man sat.

“Uncle,” you greeted with a smile as the man looked up with a smile, pointing towards the seat in front of him. Taking a seat, you pulled Baekhyun down next to you, noticing the peculiar glance the doctor gave to him.

“Chaerin, I was surprised that you decided to come here to see me, didn't you dislike coming to the hospital?” He asked with a smile, folding his arms in front of him as you chuckled, giving him a light nod in return.

“I did, but there’s someone I needed to see, and I was running low too,” you added, the last part softer as the man nodded in understanding. Looking down at his case notes, he pursed his lips before glancing back at you.

“Are the meds still useful? I mentioned that you can’t keep relying on it forever, you have to figure out the cause of your problem and tackle it from there, there’s really no stronger medicine that I can offer you right now without informing your parents,” he sighed, closing the file with a soft smile in your direction.

He had mentioned it countless times, from the first time you saw him, when you were rushed to the hospital. You were eighteen, and at that point, you had given up. You saw no point anymore, living a life that wasn't yours, a life devoid of happiness and joy. You lived for the sake for living, and that was simply as if you weren’t living at all.

When you were rushed to the hospital, back then when Jeon Hospitals was located in another building, this man was the first to see you. His son was hysterical, screaming and crying, while you were lying on the hospital bed, going in and out of consciousness, your wrist stained a bright red, bleeding through the bandages.

He was the one who calmed you down, offered you a place to stay, when you told him that you no longer wanted to return home. He was the one who convinced your parents that living away from home was a better idea, using university as an excuse, putting his son and your cousin in the same house to keep you safe.

He was a second father to you, one who knew all your problems, and one that offered you solace when all you saw in front of you was grey and uncertainty.

“I know, but it’s just hard,” you complained softly, in a whining tone as Mr Jeon simply smiled. It was a common excuse you utilised, everything was hard. And taking the medication was simply an easy way out, away from the stress, even if you could never escape the responsibility.

“Are you comfortable with this boy here? I’m not sure who he is, seeing as how he is wrapped up like a mummy,” the man commented, throwing a glance at the mummified boy. Baekhyun quickly removed the cap, placing it on the table, and the mask as he bowed slightly, greeting the elder man in front of him.

“Hello, I’m Byun Baekhyun, a member of EXO,” he greeted, bowing his head shyly as the man in front of you chuckled.

“Ah, my son’s rival group, or so he claims. I’m Jungkook’s father,” he replied with a fatherly smile as you chuckled in return. Sometimes, most of the time, Jungkook could get incredibly childish, wanting to be the best in everything, causing him to say things he really didn't mean. The food fight earlier was evidence of that.

“Jungkook seems to really take this rivalry seriously, he caused a food fight earlier,” you chuckled as the elder man sighed, running his fingers through his greying hair.

“Scold him for me won’t you? He never listens anymore,” the man laughed as you giggled in return.

With a small smile, the man leant over the table, taking your small hand in his as he smiled at you fondly.

“This is the last time I’m going to replenish your meds, I’ll give you a 6 months’ supply. Within this six months, search your heart and your relationships, find out the cause of this heartache and the source of all your troubles. If you can’t do it, I’ll have no choice but to tell your mother, Chaerin, this has gone on for far too long. Even Jungkook doesn’t know does he?” He asked quietly, as you shook your heads. The last time Jungkook saw the pills, he freaked out, knowing exactly what they were for.

Depression.

An illness you had been battling for years now, for the past four years.

“Mark knows, but Jungkook would throw a fit. But something tells me I slipped up today,” you replied softly as the man squeezed your hand lightly before letting go.

“Do as I say, stop living behind a mask, share your feelings with others and tell them what’s wrong. Though, seeing as how you came to the hospital when you usually came to my house, and even brought a friend with you, this shows improvement so I’m really proud of you,” he smiled, standing up to pat you on the shoulder and even shook Baekhyun’s hand.

Ope

Please log in to read the full chapter