열하나

Love, Your Baekhyun Oppa
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Baekhyun…” You started as Jungkook threw a betrayed glance in your direction. With a small bow towards his industrial senior, he turned to leave the room, closing the door behind him with a loud slam.

He was angry, and that was to be expected. But you thanked him for his discretion.

“Could we talk?” Baekhyun asked hesitantly as you nodded, waving him over to take a seat next to you on the chair.

Rubbing his hands together, he glanced down nervously, almost as if he didn't know what to say at this point.

“I’m sorry,” you apologised, as he looked up, almost shocked to hear you apologise first. With a small nod, he looked down at his palms before clearing his throat with a small cough. The atmosphere in the room was heavy and you found yourself at a loss as to what you should say.

“I heard from Kris hyung that you transferred here,” he started off as you nodded. You already knew that but it felt good to heard his voice. How many days had it really been? Was it two days? Three?

“Are you alright?” He asked, staring at you as you nodded, signalling that you felt fine. Although than the slight numbness caused by the remaining anaesthesia, you felt fine. Other than the twinge of pain in your chest, you felt fine.

Marginally.

“Is it true?’ You asked softly as he glanced at your direction.

“Is it true that you heard about me from Jongin? That’s why it wasn't the first time we met?” You repeated softly as he glanced at you before looking away. Fiddling with his fingers in his lap, he gave you a small, almost indecipherable nod.

“When I first joined the team, Jongin was always moping around. That was about early 2012. Initially I thought that he disliked me, but later on I realised that it was because of you. He practiced all day and night, drowning himself in work, but cried himself to sleep,” he explained as you gulped down a lump in your throat.

“I guess you meant more to him than you thought, seeing how you look really ashen and pale,” he commented with a soft smile as you sighed. It felt weird, hearing Baekhyun talk about Kai.

“So, I started to ask him more and more, and he began to open up to me as well. It was about 3 months later that I could finally put your name and story to a face. It was a old picture of the two of you, one of you two in a field, lying on the grass,” he smiled, his grin not reaching his eyes.

You could remember that picture. The two of you had taken it on a short trip to the countryside, where strawberry farms filled the vast plains. On a whim, he had pulled you down the grass next to you, hugging you tightly and refusing to let you go. It was only when you bargained with a picture that he acquiesced.

It was about half a year before he left.

“I felt horrible during that time. Even though Jongin was hurting, all I could do was to think about meeting the girl that caused him to be in that state in the first place. Something about you intrigued me. You were like someone that I had known forever, but yet someone I never really met,” he continued as you stared at him in confusion.

“So, when I met you the day of the fan meeting along the street. I just knew, I just knew that it was you. Your hair was longer, browner and your eyes no longer filled with the same happiness and youth but somehow I just knew, that it was you. You were the same girl that I had seen all this time. That’s why the members didn't mind doing all that for you,” he explained as everything suddenly became clear.

That day, you going on stage were anything but a coincidence. How could it be, when all the members recognised you even though you knew nothing about it?

“But why didn't you just say something that day?” You asked as he just gave you a wry smile.

“Would you have believed me?” He questioned back as you just smiled lightly.

You wouldn't have. If Baekhyun had come up to you spouting a story about how he knew you from way back, you probably wouldn’t have believed him, not without knowing that Jongin had told him about you.

You would probably have been weirded out, and wouldn't have gone to the building to find him again. You probably wouldn't be sitting here now.

“So, I came here today, to say that we should start over. I want to get to know you, not as Jongin’s love, but as a girl that I like,” he smiled, clearly embarrassed as you nodded.

Sticking out a hand in your direction, he threw you a brilliant grin as he smiled.

“Hello, it’s nice to meet you, I’m Byun Baekhyun and I’m from Bucheon. My hobbies are singing and dancing and I’m 24 this year,” he chuckled as you grinned, taking his hand in yours as you shook it lightly.

“Hello, Baekhyun. I am Kim Chaerin and I’m from Seoul. It’s nice to meet you.”

“This might hurt,” the nurse warned as you gave her a wry smile. That was a huge understatement, to say the least. But she wasn't really lying, seeing how you were going to be under general anaesthesia during the harvest. So it wouldn't really hurt until after the operation.

With a small nod, you closed your eyes, breathing in the medicine as you felt your eyes grow heavy with medicine-induced sleep.

It was about mid-day that you were awoken by a stinging sensation behind your hips. You were lying facedown, and you were greeted with a concerned Jungkook holding your hand tightly.

“You’re awake?” He smiled, brushing your hair away from your face as you nodded. You felt mildly exhausted even though you had been sleeping and there was a slight pain in your hips.

“How is she?” You asked as he g

Please log in to read the full chapter