이십일

Love, Your Baekhyun Oppa
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Every time I proposed, do you know how much it hurt my pride when you laughed it off? I meant it Chae, I meant every word I said, but how could you just treat it as a joke?” He muttered softly, tears welling up in his eyes as a single tear fell, splashing against your cheek.

“Jungkook, I…” You started, reaching a hand up to cup his cheek. He needed to calm down, he needed to see reason.

“Jung…”

In a smooth motion, he leaned in, pressing his lips against yours urgently as the back of your head hit the car with a thud. Pushing against you, he deepened the kiss, your bottom lip as you stood there motionlessly.

You felt like you owed him that much, after years of mindlessly leading him on. You were a witch, allowing him to continue festering feelings for you, feelings you could never return. You knew that, yet you refused to give you a point-blank refusal, because you were scared to lose him, you were scared to lose your Kookie.

After a few moments, Jungkook pulled away, his eyes filled with pain as he stared into your glassy orbs.

“Why didn't you push me away?” He asked, his voice filled with pain as you looked down, avoiding his searching glance.

“Damnit,” he cursed, punching his car once more as he closed his eyes, leaning down, his forehead on your shoulder. Reaching up hesitantly, you patted him on the back awkwardly, feeling your shirt grow damp with his tears.

“I’m sorry Kookie, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry…” you apologised continuously, rubbing his back slowly. The boy didn't reply, but instead tightened his grip on your black sleeve. The two of you stood there, unmoving.

You needed to stop having such awkward car rides. First, the ride here with Baekhyun and now the ride back with Jungkook. You really needed to reflect on your actions, seeing how it always pain to those around you.

“Is there really no way?” He whispered, his eyes on the road as you bit your lip, not wanting to confirm his suspicions. Hearing no reply, the boy simply sighed, blinking furiously as the speed of the car picked up, tearing through the highway.

Jungkook switched between lanes smoothly, the car picking up speed while you simply watched, your eyes trailing the speedometer as the figure picked up steadily.

120. 130. 140. 150.

He was going way too fast, and seemingly had no intention to slow down what so ever.

180 kph.

“Jungkook,” you sounded nervously. The car was going way too fast, and at this point, Jungkook was driving with his emotions and not his mind. At the speed he was going, the two of you were bound to get into an accident.

Hearing sirens ring behind you, you sat up, calling out his name once more.

You guys were now travelling at 200kph down a 100kph straight road. Cars around you had the sense to avoid you, leaving you as the solo car in the lane. However, sirens behind you was a foretelling of the trouble to come. It was unlikely that the cops could catch up to you, but at this point, even your safety was at risk.

“JEON JUNGKOOK!” You screamed, catching his attention as the boy thankfully switched his foot over to the brake pedal, reducing the speed gradually as he stared at you glassily. “Cops,” you breathed out the word as the boy cursed, stepping on the brake pedal as he searched for the nearest exit.

Seeing it come into view, he quickly exited the freeway, pulling through the streets. Thankfully, due to his fast speed, the two of you had arrived in Gangnam and now, just needed to travel from Apgujeong to Cheongdamdong, where your house was.

Soon, the large gates leading to your apartment came into view. Recognising the number plate, the security officer quickly opened the gates, allowing you to pull in without stopping. Turning into the carpark, he zoomed to your penthouse lift landing as the car pulled to a stop.

“Jungkook, come up with me,” you whispered as the boy shook his head. Checking his phone, he reached over, ruffling your hair as he pecked you on the cheek. You could see the pain in his eyes as he pulled away.

“Taehyung texted me, we need to finalise the choreo for Spring Day,” he smiled slightly, reaching over to press his lips against your forehead. Without much of a choice, you nodded slightly, giving him one last glance before climbing out of the vehicle.

Winding down the window, he called out to you.

“I’ll pick you up at seven on Saturday,” he reminded, giving you a final wave.

You could see how much he was trying to make everything alright, trying to gradually shift everything back to normal. And for that, he needed time. It was just a matter of timing that Bangtan’s comeback was soon and hence he had an excuse, a valid one to escape from you.

Watching the car slowly pull out of the driveway, you pressed for the lift, a heavy sigh escaping your lips.

Saturday was a mere two days away, and it came sooner than you expected. Stirring in your sleep, you were roused by the sound of the doorbell. Annoyed, you got up, rubbing your eyes sleepily as you threw a shawl wrap around your shoulders. Yawning, you sighed before heading down the stairs only to see the front door open with a crowd of people standing by.

Sighing, you waved them in as Baekhyun stood at the side, stunned at the sudden influx of people.

“I opened the door but I really didn’t expect so many,” he started as you waved him off, far to sleepy to explain what was going on at 10 in the morning.

Staring at them sleepily, you spotted the staff pushing in racks of clothes as you raised an eyebrow. It looked like suits to you, the silky black material covered in plastic wraps.

“We were under orders by your parents to get you and the members ready for the ball tonight,” the man at the forefront explained as you continued to stare. Thinking it was too much to ponder over in the morning, you simply waved them in, you’ll get an explanation from them after a warm shower.

“I’ll just head up to shower, and Baek, could you get the rest of them up and get them to shower. It’s going to take a while for them to get everyone ready if you guys are coming along too,” you instructed as Baekhyun nodded, clueless about what was going on.

After a long, well-deserved shower, you wrapped your hair in a turban, and threw on a button-top and shorts. Heading downstairs, you noticed to your annoyance t

Please log in to read the full chapter