스물

Love, Your Baekhyun Oppa
Please log in to read the full chapter

In a single fluid motion, Jungkook fell to one knee, kneeling on the soft carpeted floor as he looked up at you through his long eyelashes, his gaze deep and sincere. At that, you could swear you heard a gasp from somewhere within the restaurant as your eyes widened, staring down at the boy whose gaze had suddenly turned shy and expectant.

In a smooth velvety voice, he sounded, as your heart beat crazily within your chest.

“Kim Chaerin, marry me.”

The proposal came unexpectedly as your jaw dropped. The motion in the room had seemingly ceased, and you could hear clicking in the background which sounded like camera shutters.

Jeon Jungkook, an idol and future business magnate had proposed to you in public.

You would be lying if you said your heart didn't flutter at the sight. The sincere way he spoke, so out of character, and how he was on one knee, kneeling in front of you. Despite the fact his proposal came empty-handed, it was still like a scene out of a drama.

A few moments passed before you finally came to your senseless. Lifting one hand, you smacked the boy on the shoulder in front of you hard.

“How many times do I have to tell you not to joke like this,” you growled as the tense atmosphere collapsed. It was as if you could literally hear the breaths being exhaled as business resumed as per normal around you.

It wasn’t the first time Jungkook had done this.

But somehow, this time it felt different, it was way more sincere, heartfelt, and somehow, you had this nagging feeling that this time, the boy meant it.

Brushing that thought aside, you reached down, pulling Jungkook up by his arm. Standing up fluidly without much help, he reached down, wrapping you securely in his arms. Brushing your hair away from your ear, he leant in, leaning his chin against your shoulder as he whispered, words that only you could hear.

“I meant it Chae, if I could free you from the shackles of your responsibilities and your family, I would marry you in a heartbeat. I proposed when we were 18 and that offer will forever stand,” he whispered, his voice husky and deep, sending delightful shivers down your spine.

It was moments like this that made your heart quiver. You had to admit that Jungkook was a fine specimen of a man, and that puberty had served him well. The skinny adolescent that you once stood shoulder to shoulder with, had somehow became a well-built man who could wrap his arms around you fully, making you feel secure and warm.

You were so small compared to him now, with him fully engulfing you, his scent mixed with a hint of his minty perfume that you gave to him when you were young. He grew to love that scent and now, he used in on a daily basis.

“I know Kookie, I know you meant it, but how could I tie you down to me? Your future is so bright, and the last thing you need is a wife who can’t offer you what you fully deserve,” you murmured into his chest. Your voice was barely audible but you knew he heard you when he tensed, wrapping his arms more securely around you.

“I love you Chae,” he whispered as you tensed. It was something you always whispered to Mark, Jungkook and Jongin in the past but with how the whole atmosphere was building, you knew, at the bottom of your mind, that something was different.

“I know, I love you too Kookie,” you smiled into his black shirt. At that, the boy released you, ruffling your hair as he pushed you back into your seat. Walking round, he took up his fork but not before leaning across the table, his eyes staring deep into yours.

“Remember Chae, anytime and anywhere. Just tell me that you want me, the love of your life to marry you and I will,” he smiled, his eyes crinkling into crescents as you chuckled, using the back of your spoon to whack the top of his head.

The first time Jungkook had proposed this outrageous plan he concocted was when you were in the hospital after that incident. When he heard that the reason you were in that state was your parents, and Jongin’s departure, the sweetheart proposed for him to marry you.

That way, you would become a Jeon, and your parents would have less control over you, pressing less responsibilities onto you, and letting you live a little freer. Your parents had approved of him after all, but that was also before they witnessed the havoc that three of you caused wherever you went.

However, at that time, it was Mark who had turned down his ridiculous plan, citing the reason that it was too soon for you. And that it was unfair for Jungkook since there was no way you could ever offer him a true marriage that he deserved.

And that no matter how much he liked Jungkook as a best friend, having him as a cousin-in-law wasn't exactly one of the items on his to-do-list.

The second time was when your parents sent you to another arranged date when they realised Jungkook was probably not goi

Please log in to read the full chapter