열아홉

Love, Your Baekhyun Oppa
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I want you to promise me something,” Baekhyun started, pulling back from you slowly as you hiccupped softly, tilting your head up to meet his gaze.

“If you ever feel under the weather, and that the whole world becomes too much to bear, promise me that you will call me. I promise to come to find you wherever I am, whatever I am doing,” he whispered softly, his gaze boring into you. Nodding, you looked down, all of a sudden feeling awkward that you came here empty handed.

You knew he needed this reassurance, that whatever happened to his sister wouldn't happen again, at least not if he could help it. Turning your head slightly, you stared at the grave forlornly, a silent promise in your mind.

It never occurred to you, the pain that you inflicted on others through your choices.

You never wondered how Mark and Jungkook felt when they saw you lying motionless, bleeding out from your wrist. You never thought about what they would feel, what your parents would feel if you just left like that.

All of a sudden, your choices seemed so selfish. All you thought about was ending your pain, ending the burden that you carried, but never did it cross your mind, to think about how your actions would impact others.

And this was what Baekhyun wanted you to realise.

That the choices you made in life weighed more than you realised. That whatever you did, or whatever you didn't do, would have an immeasurable impact on those around you, on those who cared for you.

It was the first step for you – the first step towards forgetting, the first step to forgive yourself.

The ride back home was a silent one.

It all became apparent now, why you never recognised Baekhyun within your circles even though he was equally as influential.

Now that he mentioned it, you had heard the name Byun Baekbeom before, the young Vice-President of Byun Tradings, but you never had matched the surname to the boy sitting beside you, his gaze hard on the road in front of him as he concentrated on driving.

“If you stare any harder, you’re going to bore a hole through my head princess,” the boy quipped as you rolled your eyes. There was the Byun Baekhyun you knew, you were almost beginning to miss him. The dark Baekhyun could be overwhelming, but you knew that everyone had their ups and downs, you were evidence of that.

“You want to grab a meal before we get home?” Baekhyun asked as he to the familiar Olympic Highway, the Hangang river pulling into view on the right. Glancing at your phone, you shook your head slightly.

It was almost night-time, the dark skies of Seoul was proof of that. Seeing as how there were at least 10 missed calls from Jungkook, you figured that dinner would have to be rescheduled to another time, you owed the boy an explanation after all. Sending a quick text in reply to Jungkook and hearing your phone chime back almost instantly, you shook your head, turning towards Baekhyun.

“Another day perhaps, I have dinner plans with Jungkook,” you said, noticing how the boy’s face hardened slightly at the other boy’s name. Nevertheless, he nodded stiffly, pressing harder on the accelerator as the car shot forward, causing you to fall back against your seat.

Meet me at N-Seoul in 20. – Jungkook

The phone chimed with another message as you bit your lip slightly.

Give me 30, I’m still on the OH near Gangnam. – Chae

“Could you drop me at N-Seoul, you can take the car if you need to,” you asked apologetically, as the boy nodded once again, switching lanes to the outermost lane as the speed once again picked up, bordering at 140kph. It was way over the speed-limit, but seeing as how the roads were clear, you let it be, knowing the boy probably knew how to control the car.

The car tore through the brightly lit streets of Seoul and you soon found yourselves winding up the hill that led to Namsan. Seeing as the road was narrow and dangerous to speed through, Baekhyun slowed down, his gaze still unrelenting.

As Namsan came into view, you frowned slightly, seeing the huge throngs of people, Chinese tourists to be exact gathered around the entrance of the tower.

Puzzled, you turned to Baekhyun, and you saw he wore a confused expression as well.

“Stop here, the car will attract way too much attention,” you suggested as the boy nodded, pulling on his cap and mask. The million car attracted a lot of attention as it is, seeing as how people were starting to turn and point in your direction, you didn't need the fact that an idol was dropping you off add to that attention.

“Thanks Baek, I’ll see you at home,” you smiled, turning to face the boy, patting his hand softly. The boy’s face softened at that, giving you a small nod. Sliding your shades over your eyes, you exited the car, overwhelmed by how the exterior was so dark. It was nighttime after all and if it wasn't for you wanting to hide your identity, you wouldn't have needed the shades.

When the crowd saw that it was merely a girl and not anyone famous, they turned back to the entrance, shouting at the officials who stood in front, their face in a grimace.

Despite their native Chinese accents, you could roughly translate what they were shouting. For some reason, all visitors had b

Please log in to read the full chapter