열여덟

Love, Your Baekhyun Oppa
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Angsty chapter ahead

I'm just curious on why NONE of you left a comment at the last chapter. As an author, we put in quite a bit of time planning and typing up a chapter, and it really hurts, and is disappointing to see that readers dont even bother commenting after reading a chapter. 

Writing up a comment to tell me what you thought about the chapter, instead of empty comments like 'Update Soon' wouldn't like a lot of time, far less than what we take to write up a chapter. So I'm just really curious why nobody bothers commenting. I can see clearly how many people reads the chapter when I'm posting it. It's way over 300 per chapter and yet, nobody comments. 

That's disappointing and really kills any motivation to write. 

But nonetheless, this is my promise to write, despite it being exams.

Walking back to the valet, you paused as he left to fetch the car, feeling your eyebrows knit together in concern. You had no idea where the boy you came with went, after he witnessed that incident back there in the hallway.

A warm hand pressed on your shoulder as you looked up, shocked to meet the frenzied eyes of the boy in front of you.

Just the boy you had been looking for.

“Baekhyun,” you greeted softly as the boy pursed his lips, staring at you for a moment. Knowing that he probably felt uncomfortable at the moment, you simply sighed, waving him into the car. It was pointless to keep hanging around the sidewalk; the boy was walking prey for fangirls after all.

“I’ll drive,” he offered, whilst you raised an eyebrow.

“Can you drive stick? It’s a manual car,” you asked, not convinced by his sudden show of masculinity. It wasn't that you didn't trust him, but it was a million dollar car after all, and while you could always send it into the warehouse, crashing the car would draw too much attention and possibly your lives.

“I own one,” he replied as you threw the keys to him, satisfied with his answer. Whistling lowly under your breath, you looked at Baekhyun. Just how much did these idols earn to own such a car a few years into their debut. You had noticed a few new additions into your private garage, and now you realised whose they could be.

Unlike Mark and Jungkook and Jongin when he was younger, these members weren’t born into money, with millions to throw away in order to drive the fastest car on the market.

Stepping into the car, you adjusted the seat, feeling a little weirded out. You were never in the passenger’s side. Feeling your uncomfortableness, Baekhyun gave you a few minutes to settle in before pulling away from the kerb, the engine purring softly.

“I want to go somewhere,” the boy mentioned as you simply gave a nod. You figured as much, there wasn't any reason for him to offer to drive otherwise. Changing lanes quickly, he headed onto the freeway as the car sped up, travelling at close to the speed limit. Observing his relaxed stance, you too relaxed, seeing that he wasn’t lying about his experience with fast cars.

Tilting your head to one side, you stared out of the window, your eyes following the bank of the Hangang river as the car traversed down the Olympic Highway. The view was beautiful, the water a clear blue and the grass green and bright.

Soon, you found the buildings around you decreasing, as skyscrapers turned into low-roofed tiled homes and huge fields. Realising that you were out of Seoul, you turned your head to stare at him, puzzled but seeing as he was concentrating on the road, you turned back, continuing to observe the nature you would never see in the city.

After about an hour, the car finally came to a stop, in front of a large green field in full bloom. Flowers sprouted freely, its colours vibrant and brilliant. Getting of the car, Baekhyun closed the door behind him as you followed suit.

Walking behind him, you marvelled at how untouched this place was. There was no one around, birds were chirping as they landed in trees around you. It was calming but at the same time a little too calming.

All of a sudden, the boy came to a sudden halt in front of a small hill, its raised surface covered in grass and the occasional flower. Bending slightly, he tidied up the area, pulling out weeds with his bare hands before throwing them to the side.

Reaching down, Baekhyun dusted the surface of the marble slab, turning to you as your face grew ashen.

This was a gravestone, but whose? And why did Baekhyun bring you here?

Looking down, you glanced over the name engraved in the gravestone, the name was written in traditional characters but you knew enough to read it. The picture below it showing a beautiful young girl, not much older than you, but somehow the girl looked familiar, almost as if you saw her before.

“Byun Hyerin?” You questioned, staring at him.

“She was my sister, she killed herself when she was about our age, when she was 18. I was 15 then,” Baekhyun explained, his voice low and filled with hurt.

At a loss of words, you remained quiet, staring at the picture. What could have been possibly wrong for a girl like her to end her life at such an early age?

“I’ve lied to you one too many times,” Baekhyun started as you turned to him, wondering where this was going.

“I never meant to tell you that the first time I met you was a long time ago, not at the fan-meeting, not when Kai told me about you,” he continued. Taking a seat on the grass patch in front of the gravestone, he gestured for you to do the same as you did, feeling a little embarrassed for the disrespect you showed, sitting in front of a deceased elder.

“When I first saw you, we were younger back then, and it was when I was 14 and you were about 13. Our families had attended a ball hosted by Kim Holdings and I was attending with my parents, older brother and sister. That’s when I first saw you…” Baekhyun continued as you listened intently, curious on how everything was linked.

7 Years Ago (Baekhyun’s POV)

Baekhyun had no idea what he was doing here. All he knew was that he had been summoned from his room and ed into the grey suit he now knew. His sister and brother were both properly dressed, and the next thing he knew, he had landed up in front of this huge mansion, bustling with oth

Please log in to read the full chapter