아홉

Love, Your Baekhyun Oppa
Please log in to read the full chapter

With a loud slam of the door, the man was gone. Heaving out a breath you didn't know you were holding, you felt a small pat on your shoulder. Tilting your head slightly, you caught your cousin smiling comfortingly at you.

“Let’s go, Inha is probably waiting,” Yifan called quietly from the side, an awkward smile on his face. Nodding slightly, you let the nurse standing at the side unhook you from the IV drip, as Mark started to pack your items into the bag one by one. What were you to Kris now?

“Kris,” you called hesitantly as the boy turned to face you, his phone in his hand indicating he was in the middle of a call.

“Give me sometime for me to get used to it, it’s hard to find out now all of a sudden that I have an elder brother so give me some time to adjust,” you apologised as the boy merely shook his head with a slightly smile before turning back to his phone call apologetically.

“Tuan, where are we going now?” You asked with a smile as the boy gave you a cheeky one in return. Shrugging annoyingly, he slung his backpack filled with your belongings, across his right shoulder before using his free arm to steer you out of the room.

A sudden soft whisper caught your attention as you turned in shock, watching Kris mutter in his phone quickly.

“Hello? Yes, I’m still here. You have to stop calling to check up on her. If you are that curious, just visit her yourself,” he muttered under his breath as you stared at him in confusion. Just whom was he talking to on the other line? Catching your stare, he gave you a small smile before he hung up the phone call abruptly.

“Let’s go,” he urged, turning to give you one last upturn of his lips as the three of you left the room, closing the door behind in your wake.

In the lobby, you caught sight of a little girl in a wheelchair, her hands clutched together tightly on her lap. Her lips quivered slightly as she looked around frantically. Her lips were full, slightly pouty and her hair was a short bob, barely pass her shoulders.

But she bore an uncanny resemblance to someone you knew. Unable to take your eyes away from her, you pulled away from Mark, walking over to her as you squatted to her eye level.

“Hello, you’re Inha right?” You asked softly as the girl nodded hesitantly, her lips forming a familiar pout as she probably questioned whom you were.

“I’m Chaerin, a friend of Jongin, your brother,” you introduced, sticking out a hand, as she should it cautiously. Her small hand felt cold in yours as you wrapped her small hands into yours, warming them up.

“Jongin oppa?” She asked softly as you nodded. All of a sudden, she reached over, burying her face into your chest as she clutched at the front of your shirt.

“Chaerin unnie?” She tested softly as you nodded, patting the back of her head with a smile. It was great that she wasn't rejecting you. Perhaps, she would be able to open up to you soon, somewhere where she probably felt safer.

“Yes, we’re going to move to another hospital alright? It’s safer there, and we will contact your brother soon as well,” you explained, watching the girl purse her lips together gently before shaking her head.

“I don't want… I don't want to go to hospitals anymore,” she whispered quietly as you stared at her. Her hand had let go of your shirt, clenched into small fists as she shook where she sat.

Placing an upturned palm on her lap gently, you smiled at her.

“This will be the last time I promise. After this, you can finally go home,” you promised, knowing that what you said wasn't a lie. The moment you donate your bone marrow to her, it was unlikely that she was going to stay here long. She is really going to get to go home.

“Home?” She asked, her eyes filled with hope.

“Yes, home,” you promised, your eyes crinkling into a smile.

With that, her lips crinkled into a small smile, placing her hand in yours firmly. Reaching over, you hugged her to you, lifting her up as you hoisted her up, cradling her in your arms. Slightly shocked at the weight, you trembled slightly just as Mark came over to help you.

“I’ll carry her,” he offered as you nodded, looking at her straight in the eyes sincerely.

“This is Mark, he is my cousin. I got injured a while back so this handsome oppa will carry you alright?” You asked as she nodded, before her eyes were filled with confusion. Reaching out her arms to him nonetheless, he adjusted her in his arms before she turned to you with a slight frown.

“Handsome oppa? Who?”

The ride was a short one, just across the Hangang River. The moment you came down to the lobby, there were staff ready, as they quickly hooked Inha up to a drip and checked on her vitals. They had insisted on hooking you up too, but you refused. Your hands had enough puncture holes for now.

Turning to the boy next to you, his face still contorted into a pout, you laughed slightly. After what Inha had innocently commented, you and Kris had broke into guffaws as Inha merely looked around confusedly, but soon smiled a little upon seeing the grins on your face. The boy in question was pouty, and indignant, muttering under his breath that there were girls all around the world who found him handsome and the bratty opinion of a four year old played no part in that.

“Are you still angry?” You poked his

Please log in to read the full chapter