하나

Love, Your Baekhyun Oppa
Please log in to read the full chapter

You have never felt more stupid in your life.

Under the bright morning sun, the glass-paned walls of the building glistened as the sunrays reflected off its surface. Clutching your head in your hands you sighed, unable to fathom how you had gotten into this situation.

Girls and boys alike huddled together in small groups, chatting incessantly as they exaggerated their speech with their excessive body language. Snickering slightly, you saw this girl wave her arm in the air as she spoke animatedly, so close to slapping another across the head.

*These kids seem a little young to me, should they not be in school at this time? *

Clucking your tongue slightly under your breath, you rolled your eyes slightly before realizing that you were equally as pathetic as they were, chasing after people who don’t even know you exist. Well, they probably did but who was to say they didn’t forget.

You trudged over to a bench placed along the sidewalk as the cars sped by, seriously contemplating what you should do next.

It had been a month since the EXO fan meeting, the one that gave you numerous unforgettable memories. Ruffling your hair slightly, you looked up to the sky. Winter was coming to and end and with spring just around the corner, the weather was warming up and Seoul was now a beautiful picture.

*What are the chances of him merely joking around? Why did he ask me to come here? He is so busy, so why on earth would he bother with someone like me? *

Questions barreled through your mind, throwing you into a state of utter confusion. Clapping your hands together to give yourself courage, you slid on your sunglasses and walked through the automatic glass doors, which opened, as if beckoning you in.

Walking up to the receptionist, you gave her a quick bow.

“Hello, I’m here to meet Baekhyun oppa.”

The moment those words left your lips, it suddenly occurred to you just how retarded you sounded. You merely sounded like a crazed fan-girl who was trying your luck for a single glimpse at a majorly popular idol.

“Uh, I think I phrased that wrongly, um…” Stuttering, you tried to rephrase it, only to be met with a heated glare.

“Excuse me miss, do you have an appointment? Your Baekhyun oppa isn’t someone who just meets anybody, I’m sure you can understand,” the receptionist said politely, but her sweet smile oozed fakeness as she gave you a taunting smirk.

“I don’t have an appointment but he did tell me to come meet him.”

“Yeah, and Infinite’s L just sent me home last night. Look here, I don’t know what you’re trying to pull, but I see enough of you people to be able to tell a fake. Now miss, can you please leave before I call security?” she snapped, her hand edging towards the phone on the table as she gave you a pointed look.

“Yes, if you could, could you just tell him that Chaerin was here? I’ll leave now.”

With a solemn nod, she pointed towards the glass doors before sitting back down with a thud.

Sighing, you gave her a quick bow before leaving the building, your hand clenched into a fist as you hit your side repeatedly. You didn't even know why you bothered coming here. Just what did you expect?

There was no way Baekhyun would have left a message, a note in any way for you to be ushered up should you have come. There was no proof of the conversation between the two of you, and you had no idea whether the other members even knew. How on earth would the receptionist know to expect you?

Wringing your hands nervously, you touched your ring tentatively. Since that day, you had always worn the ring on your finger, except when you slept and showered, since you were too afraid to spoil it. Whenever you watched him on broadcasts, the glistening reflection of light off the shiny surface always brought a smile to your face.

He wore the ring too. You would like to believe that it was a special gesture but the truth was that all the members wore theirs and hence the chances of that were pretty low. You just hoped that he remembered your existence.

The bag of goodies you had received that day sat proudly in the middle of table. The Polaroid was placed safety in a locked drawer in your desk, the letter kept with it. The scarf was hanging off your clothes rack, long and flowing.

That day your mind was in a mess.

You had come back home after the fan meeting and everything was like a whirlwind swirling around you. You never understood why he would bother preparing so much, why he would trouble himself and s to prepare all these gifts for a mere fan that he happened to meet on the street.

The bag had many things, which you didn’t catch at first sight. Wrapped securely in the scarf, you found a bracelet, so exquisite that you didn’t dare to touch it. It was his EXO bracelet, the same bracelet that the company had used excessively to promote their superpowers during their debut era.

“I wonder how much trouble he got into since he is apparently now powerless,” you giggled softly, gingerly the bracelet that he had worn in the music video. Together with it, were a jar of lip balm, with a short note, “Use me, pretty girls shouldn’t have chapped lips,” and finally, a post-it telling you to be careful when walking since, “you won’t know when there will be a handsome boy there to catch you.”

Upon reading that, you had squealed so loudly, your face turning crimson red in embarrassment. Boy, was he embarrassing.

Why was Baekhyun so sweet to you? To someone he didn't know at all? Was this a common act of his? To be sweet to all his fans? But he gave you his bracelet so just what did that mean? Was he just trying to wish you a happy birthday? Or could it possibly be…

Shaking the thought out of your head, you sat back at your bench, the tall glass building looming menacingly above you. On your right wrist was the sun bracelet; on your left hand was the EXO ring. You didn't actually want to wear it, but you thought it would be a plausible form of identification should the management need any. But apparently you didn't even reach that stage of even needing identification, proving your efforts futile.

There were so many ways for the situation to play out just now and it just happens that the course of action you took was the worst one possible. You just made yourself look even more like a rabid fan girl.

Just then, the bright sunlight shining down on you was blocked. Wearily, you looked up, only to see three girls staring down at you. They were dressed in school uniforms, their hair dyed and their nails manicured. Every aspect of them spelt trouble.

“Who are you huh? Who do you think you are to go into the SM Building and demand to see Baekhyun oppa? Don’t you see all of us waiting here for them patiently? Do you think that you are above us!” She shouted into your face, all the while, grabbing your collar, her sharp nails scratching your collarbone.

Glaring at you, she pulled you to your feet as she grabbed your wrist in a vice-like grip. By now, a large crowd of girls had gathered around the four of you, most of them throwing you similar glares.

You had often heard about what these crazed fan-girls did and the possibility of them laying hands on you made you tremble in fear. These girls, who took it upon themselves to “correct” anyone who tried to cross the “idol-fan boundary”. But never in your wildest dreams or nightmares did you expect yourself to

Please log in to read the full chapter