7

Be My Bad Boy

 

Sohee paused, her heart involuntarily jumped. " Wh-What are you talking about? " She stammers, not meeting his eyes.

Jiyong sighs, and shakes his head." I don't know either. I just- I don't know....... you always leave me at a loss for words. " He says honestly.

" Sohee-sshi, please get ready. " A male worker calls from her door. Sohee looks at Jiyong, and glances over her shoulder. 

" I'm coming! " She calls and gets up on her feet, her hanbok making a swishing sound.

" I'll be leaving first. Thank you for the pin. " She says pleasantly before leaving him out in the cold.

---

Their chatters and laughter can be heard clearly from behind the door Sohee was positioned.

" Director, would you like to see our new dancer? I trained her personally. " YeEun asks with pleasant tone.

The mid-50s lady puts down her wine and smiles. " Please, I am anticipating. " She waves a hand.

YeEun grins, and nods at Sunmi and Yoobin, indicating them to open the door for Sohee. Sunmi and Yoobin gets up, and walks over to the rattan

door. They pull open the door in unison to reveal Sohee standing poisedly with her head bowed. Looking very matured and womanly.

Sohee raises her head, " Director, it is most pleasurable for my first guest to be you and your family. My name is Ahn Sohee.  " She says with

humility. The director stares at Sohee for a long time without a response. 

There was an awkward silence. Sohee panics. Did I insult her??!

YeEun clears and glances at the director. " Director?"

The director blinks. Almost as if stepping out of a trance." Y-Yes.... continue. " She says softly.

Sohee relaxes and puts on a smile, before turning her back and waits for the music to start her cue. As the band starts playing, Sohee begins her

dance. Moving swiftly and flawlessly sharp. Her face holds a blank expression, giving off a charismatic vibe. She ends the dance with a twirl and fall

to the floor, lying down with her face facing the mat. As is in despair. The lights goes on again, and the guests applauds. YeEun lets out a relieved

sigh and claps along, smiling.

The director has a admiring look on her face. " That was beautiful. Very entrancing. Sit with us. " She beckons at Sohee.

Sohee glances at YeEun, who gave her a nod. Sohee gets up and lifts her hanbok slightly, sitting beside the Director. The director pours her some

wine.

" How old are you? " She asks.

Sohee sips the wine before answering, " I'm 16 this year, Madame. " She says politely.

The director nods. " I see. Why did you come to the Gibang? " She asks.

Sohee froze. Everyone tensed up." I-um. A male worker from the gibang saved me on that night. " Sohee replies.

The director looks at her. " You don't look like you're from Seoul? "

Sohee gulps involuntarily. " I-actually.... I had some problems at home. " She says quietly.

The other gisaengs look down on their lap uncomfortably.

" Good. You're made to work here. I sense that you will be very happy here. " The director announces.

Sohee looks up. " Really? How would you know? " The director smiles, and pours herself a glass.

Her husband, who was quiet since just now voices, " My wife here believes she can predict people's future. " He shakes his head.

Everyone laughs. Sohee bites back a laugh. The director flashes her husband a look,  " I can too! " 

The husband scoffs. " Can you predict what time our son will join us? " He challenges.

" You have a son, director?" YeEun asks, surprised.

The director nods dismissively." He's 21 this year.... working with his dad. " She informs everyone.

YeEun nods earnestly, " I see, why didn't you tell me he is coming? " YeEun asks from across Sohee.

The director considers YeEun, " Don't worry, he doesn't really care about this kind of things, so don't worry much. " She smiles. 

Sohee voices suddenly, " I think he will be here in a second, " She says eyeing the door, where a lanky sillehoute was forming.

Everyone turn their heads to the door. As guessed, the door slips open, revealing a familiar, lanky guy, whose hair was copperish-that Sohee had seen

before- covering his blank eyes. The man raises his hand in greeting, not really looking at anyone. Sohee froze. It WAS him! The girly guy! The

other girls seem to remember him as well, as they all look anxious.

" Omma, Appa, " He greets casually and takes a seat right in front of Sohee. Sohee quickly ducks her head, pouring the Madame a glass of wine.

The director crosses her arms, her husband has a defeated look on his face.

" Why are you late? " She asks crossly.

The girl-guy looks up tiredly, " Huh? Ah- there was a lot of work..." He says, rubbing his head. 

His mother gives him a look, pursing her lips. " Would you like some wine? " She asks her son.

He nods dismissively as he takes some of the meat to his plate. Sohee glances at YeEun in alarm. YeEun jerks her chin, telling Sohee to pour the

wine. Biting her lip, Sohee reaches over the table and pours the sake slowly into his cup.

" Thanks. " He says bluntly and gulps down the drink. Sohee sits back on the floor, her hands cold, nervous.

He glances at Sohee briefly, not recognising her. Sohee mentally sighs in relief.

" Ah- Sohee, I was going to tell you..... " The director starts, shifting in her seat. Sohee smiles, waiting. 

" About your school fees? I'll pay for you. So you can feel comfortable. " The madame tells her.

Sohee's face brightens up. " Are you serious, Director? Really? " She asks happily.

The director nods, confirming. " You have talent. I'm not afraid to invest in you. " She says smiling.

YeEun pats Sohee's shouder, " This is really good news. "

The other gisaengs nod along. " Good job, Sohee! " They commented cheerily.

Sohee pours the director some more wine. " Thank you, director, I am honoured. " She says with a calmer tone, bowing her head slightly.

---

Sohee covers her face embarrassedly as the other gisaengs crowds around her, celebrating the good news. 

Sunye hugs her joyously " Work hard, now. " She says before she and Yeeun head over to other rooms. Sohee nods and started to head back to their

dorm and touch up her makeup. She walks down the stairs, and walks by the pond, feeling all blissful and blessed. Must be the butterfly Jiyong Oppa

gave me. She thinks, her lips forming a small smile.

" You look really pretty. " A voice interrupted her thoughts.

Sohee held a hand over her chest, surprised. She turns around, to see the copperish haired guy.

" Oh....? " She manages.

He walks over to her, sauntering before her, his eyes staring into hers intensely. " Kim Heechul. I'll see you again. " He says softly, eyes not leaving

hers.

 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------