5

Be My Bad Boy

 

 

" Let's get going before it gets real late. " GD suggests.

Sohee nods, and they left the makeup shop. GD swings the bags he was carrying cheerily. Sohee felt at ease. Jiyong was easy to talk to. Although he

holds her gaze rather intensely.

" Have you gotten your Hanboks ready? " He asks, as they made their way back.

Sohee nods, smiling. " They did so yesterday, my bedroom Hanbok is also ready. " She tells him.

" Bedroom? " He frowns.

" Yes, its for sleep, and rather airy and light. All the other Gisaengs wear them. " She informs him.

GD blinks thoughtfully." I see. What colour is it? " He asks.

Before Sohee got to answer, GD's phone rings. He holds up a finger to her, asking her to hold her answer.

" Yoboseyo? " He asks, his voice turned grave.

Sohee looks away, giving him privacy, instead admiring the night lights and buzzing night life she never got to experience.

GD beside her nods. " Yes, I understand. I'll be there soon. " He says formally and hangs up.

" I have some emergency I have to tend to. I'll call the chauffeur to get you. Stay here. " He says seriously, calling the driver.

Sohee stays there, stunned." Be careful. " She spoke.

GD looks up from his phone, and smiles lightly." I will. See you. " He says, jogging away.

Sohee's shoulders droop, disappointed they couldn't walk home together.

" Bye... " She whispered belatedly.

-----------

As soon as she appears at the wooden gate, a male worker readily bows and takes her bags.

" I'll take them to your room, Miss." He offers.

Sohee blinks, dumbfounded and nods." Yea...? Thanks. " She said. She followed after him, who was already nearing her room.

" Miss Ahn! Miss Ahn!" Someone called for her from the back.

Sohee turns, " Yes?" She bows a little to an elder man.

He pants, clutching his chest." Director Park is calling for you in his room. " He tells her. What did I do? Sohee warily thinks.

" Yes, okay, thank you. " Sohee says, making her way to his room at the other building.

She knocks quietly on his wooden door." Director? It's me. " She says.

" Come inside. " JYP welcomes her. Sohee slides the door and enters.

He was sitting up in his PJs, waiting. Sohee bows, covering her chest. He made a gesture for her to sit in front of him.

" Sit. " He says.

Anxiously, Sohee sinks down to the cushion on the floor. She didn't want to meet his eyes.

" Would you like something refreshing?" He asks kindly.

Sohee raises her eyes to his and shakes her head. " I drank just now. " She says politely.

He nods, and shifts in his seat." I have something to inform you. " He says, staring at Sohee's head. When Sohee doesn't reply, he goes on.

" Since it's your debut this weekend, make sure you do a good job. Yeeun tells me you are doing very well. And she never lies. " He says with a beat

of satisfaction. YeEun unnie says that? Sohee thought, touched.

" She is a great teacher. " Sohee replies kindly.

JYP nods " Anyway, please do your best this weekend as I'll be introducing you to every valued customer. "

" Also, as a dance Gisaeng, you don't need to hang out with the drunken men, just sit for a few minutes with us is enough. " He continues.

Sohee nods again.

" I believe in you. However.... there is another matter. " He says gravely. Sohee looks up.

He regards her seriously. " If you want to date, make sure I don't catch you. And no cell phones allowed except if you have any updates from your

schoolmates. " He warns.

Sohee gulps and nods." Yes, I understand. "

" Also, no dating with a client, he can only meet you here. Not outside. " JYP says again.

Sohee nods, nothing else to say. JYP lets out a relieved sigh. 

" Good, you can go now, train more tomorrow. Get some rest. " He tells her.

Sohee gets up, and at the door, she bows slightly." I am indebted in your care. " She says and left the room.

JYP didn't reply. Sohee quietly make her way back to the dorm.

" I wonder how they will react to my performance?" She wonders aloud. She absentmindedly takes a look at her watch. 10.12 pm.

Suddenly feeling eager to sleep, she quickens her pace to the dorm. Once inside, Her Unnis were not back yet, their mattresses still in the cupboard.

Shrugging, She wasted no time changing into the airy pink and purple hanbok for bedtime. She washes her face and let loose her long raven locks. 

She was about to take out the mattress when her new phone rings. Like a noob, she cautiously slides the icon to answer, an unknown number.

" Y-Yeoboseyo? " She whispers. There was no answer.

She looks at the screen, it was still on call." Hello?" She frowns.

" Sohee-ah. " A raspy voice spoke.

Sohee blinks. " Yes? Who is this?"

There was a pause before he answers." It's me...Jiyong oppa. " He mumbles.

Relief surges through Sohee, and she breathed." Yes? Why do you sound so sleazy?" She asks.

He laughs at the other end." Nothing... I.... I'm at the wooden gate. Can you help me get in? " He asks.

Sohee rushes up. " Oh... okay, I'll come out. " She says, already out her dorm. With her airy hanbok, she hurries out and goes to the gate.

" Oppa? " She calls for an answer before opening the door.

" I'm here. " He says softly.

With a nod, Sohee tugs the lock and let him in.

Upon seeing the state he was in, all she could say was " Omo.. "

GD stumbled in, holding the edge of the door for support. Sohee rushed to his side, taking his weight on. He was a mess. His forehead was bleeding,

his lips cut at the side, his nose bloody, and his left eye was swollen. A bloody mess. Sohee struggled to support him all the way to a shade with a

bench. He was limping and was trying his best to make it easy for her. She plops him down on the bench. He lies down tiredly. Sohee was in a state

of panic.

" Should I get the others?" She asks him worriedly.

He shakes his head groggily." No.....don't..... they aren't back yet." He says, waving a hand.

Sohee cluelessly staring at him." Do you perhaps, want water?" She offers.

He considers and nods after a moment. " Honey water... I need to sober up. " He mumbles uncontrollably.

Sohee nods and rushes to the kitchen, she turns the lights on and searches for a cup and began making Honey Water. In a short while, she places the

cup onto a tray. She fumbles around the cabinet for some medication oil and got some Q-tips. She rushes down to GD, who was still on the bench.

" Sit up, drink this. " She tells him, helping him up.

He follows her orders and flashes a grateful smile before taking the cup into his hands and drank the honey water. He finishes the whole drink in a

gulp.

" Ah, that was good. " He comments, blinking.

Sohee stares at him worriedly. How did he get so badly bruised? Biting her lip, she hesitantly reaches up to his face to touch his bruise on the lip. 

GD's eyes follows her fingers reaching his lip. Upon her touch, GD winces at the searing pain and grabs her hand. She jumps with a startled gasp.

GD turns his face away, cringing at the pain. Sohee blushes, her hand still neatly enclosed by his palms. GD was staring at her face intensely, sober.

He examines her in her hanbok, her black hair swiftly running in the night wind. She was a dream, he thought, his heart softening.

" Stop staring at me. " Sohee says, interrupting his thoughts.

GD drops his gaze immediately, and her hand. She turns away, embarrassed, clutching her wrist he just held. Her heart pounding out of control as

they stared at each other just now.

" I.... uh brought some ointment. " She voices with a controlled voice. GD blinks to shake off the drowsiness.

She places the bottle of ointment on the table." Here. " She says. He made no move for it.

" What happened?" She asks curiously.

He smirks and sighs. " I got a call to settle some guys who owe us some debts. They didn't want to give us the money without a fight. " He explains

boredly.

Sohee frowns." Why are you doing this? You're still schooling. Plus you're working as a waiter in the Gibang (Gisaeng House ) too. " She says

quietly.

He glances at her." Why are you here? You're still in school too. " He says with a smile.

Sohee purses her lips, defeated. Not replying. She reaches for the ointment and began to apply the oil on him. He lets her.

" If you need me, I'll come for you. " He says suddenly. Sohee pauses from applying the oil on his forehead, blushing.

" When school starts, don't make friends with any guy. I warn you. " He says gruffily.

Sohee frowns. " Wae? "

He closes his eyes and shakes his head. " I'll be your only friend. So don't bother. "  He smiles.

Sohee scoffs, carefully applying it now on his lip. After dabbing it on, she takes a better look at his face.

"He has perfect skin, and nice lips......." Her mind wanders. Blushing at the thought of kissing him, she clears .

" You better head back to your dorm now. It's getting cold. " She says, averting her eyes from his face.

He tiredly opens his unbruised right eye." Can't you stay with me?" He asks with a voice that made her toes squirm.

She gave him a glare. " Are you crazy? I'll get kicked out. " She says.

He sighs, closing his eye again. Sohee bites her lip. He is gonna get a cold.

" Ireonnayo, you'll get sick. " She says, tugging him up desperately.

He stands, at full height, a head taller than Sohee. His chest was almost touching hers and his face was a few inches from hers. Sohee gulps at the

closeness. To her surprise, he embraces her. Hugging her by the waist.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------