15

Be My Bad Boy

 

The five boys sat on their bikes, facing one another in a circle drinking soda. Daesung wipes invisible sweat of his forehead.

" That was one tough chase..... " He says and takes a long gulp of his soda. T.O.P rolls his eyes.

" You did nothing. " He says. Daesung was about to protest but was interrupted by a shout.

" YAH~ YAH! " The voice was damn familiar. Seungri shot up in his seat and his head, listening intently.

" Yah babo! " The voice came nearer to them. GD saw her first, running uphill with a panicked expression.

" Sunmi? " GD raises his eyebrows, looking over Seungri's shoulder.

" What? Where? " Seungri snaps around. Sunmi finally reaches them and they crowd around her.

" What's wrong? " Seungri asks worriedly.

Sunmi held up her hand, another pressed on her waist. She was bending over her waist, catching her breath.

Taeyang rubs her back kindly. " Catch your breath. " 

Sunmi lifts her head, her face was flushed and anxiety crossed all over her face. She looks directly at Jiyong and he felt dread creep into his bones

before she opens and says, " Fire broke out in school and Sohee is inside! " Sunmi says in alarm.

Silence filled the air as all of them tried to process her words. Jiyong felt his muscles numb and he was sure it was his heart that dropped to his feet.

Without a word, he turns on the engine of his bike and sped off. 

" Yah! Wait for us! " Taeyang says to GD's back. Sunmi stares after Jiyong. The four simply stare at each other, stunned.

" Get on. " Seungri broke the silence, looking at Sunmi seriously. Sunmi obeys, climbing on the backseat wordlessly.

The hyungs glance at the maknae and follows his lead, getting on their bikes as well.

Jiyong stares dead ahead, speeding as fast as he can towards the school. Fire.... Sohee... Sunmi's words ringing incessantly in his head. He felt his

heart ache in worry and anxiety. Please don't do anything stupid. As he makes the corner, he sees the fire engines coming in already. The school

building seems fine except for the thick black smoke coming out from the back of the building. Jiyong feels his chest tighten and messily parks his

bike at the side of the building. He takes his helmet off and gets off his bike, already running past the firemen who were setting up their hoses.

" Hey Kid!!! You can't enter! " They shout and one of them grab onto his sleeve. GD throws them a murderous look.

" My girlfriend is inside! " He says through gritted teeth and tugs his arm back sharply. Without glancing back, he climbs the steps and throws open

the doors. 

The fireman stammered at his back, and turns to his colleagues, "There's a boy's girlfriend inside! " He yells at them over the chaos.

Jiyong ran past the empty hallways, the only sound is the stomping of his feet. His heart races as he runs up the stairs to the top floor.

His legs felt like jelly but he pushes himself to make it to the top floor. Once at the fourth level, he pants heavily and tries to locate the burning

classroom. But he couldn't think. Everything was running in his mind at that moment.

" Sohee- ah! " He yells. Yes. That felt right.

He swallows and calls for her again, walking around the long rows of classes. " SOHEE IT'S ME! COME OUT NOW! " He shouts desperately,

unable to see the classroom that was burning. All the doors to the classrooms were shut. But as he kept on walking, he could feel the heat

approaching.

" Must be at the end... " He mutters and races over to the class at the end. Sure enough, heat was radiating from behind the door.

Is Sohee inside? Dreadfully, he pulls open the door. Gusts of thick hot smoke greets him immediately. The smoke made its way into his nose and

throat, making him cough violently. He blinks the dust out of his eyes rapidly. His mind screaming for Sohee.

" Sohee... " He chokes out. He couldn't see anything but the fire lapping up everything in the room.

His heart drums against his body like crazy. " Sohee where are you! " He yells, tears forming in his eyes.

" Don't die now! ANSWER ME! " He pleads, looking around the room for her body.

" Step out, kid! " The firemen behind him warns. Jiyong ignores them and starts to advance towards the middle of the classroom but was pulled back.

" Stay back! " The man growls in his ear and pushes him to the back, behind the rest of the firemen.

Jiyong watches as the firemen turns their hoses on. He feels tired. His body slackens and he drops to his knees.

"Sohee... is inside... " he whispers shakily.

He was on all fours, feeling weak in all aspects. He has never felt this way before. After Sohee came.. he experiences emotions he never felt before in

his life. His tears finally stream down his face and he chokes out incoherent words that sounded like " Sohee " and " Don't die ". He couldn't hear her

when she falls to the floor next to him in panic and grabs onto his collar. He couldn't make out what she was saying, only that her hair silkily fell

onto one shoulder.

" OPPA! Why are you like this!! " Sohee asks hysterically, her eyes rounded and moist.

He blinks hazily at the girl beside him. Is this really Sohee? No doubt, the girl with long black hair fussing over him and shaking him by his collar is

Sohee. Her mandoo cheeks flushed and her long hair slightly unkept.

" S-s-sohee...? " He asks hoarsely. She looks perfectly fine.

Sohee blinks at him and fervently nods." It's me! Why are you here!? " She asks, her voice on the verge of cracking.

Jiyong looks at her. A mixture of tiredness and anger flashes in his eyes. " Why am I here...?! " He repeats her question in an icy tone.

Sohee gulps and lets go of his collar slowly. Jiyong glares at his girlfriend, sitting with his hand on his propped knee. Sohee looks at him cluelessly. 

He wants to pull her into his arms so badly but then she made him worried sick as hell and had no clue.

" Did you know.... how worried I was. " He asks angrily but not loudly. Sohee didn't answer and hung her head.

" I came all the way..... with my soul in Africa to come and save you because I thought you were dying and you asked me.... " He trails off in

disbelief, scoffing.

Sohee didn't dare utter a word. Silence fell between them, only the yells and orders from the firemen could be heard. Sohee curls her hands into fists

and swallowed her fear. Sohee gasps as Jiyong abruptly slides closer to her and stares into her eyes intensely. Their faces were really close to each

other that they could've done an eskimo kiss right then. Sohee didn't budge or break the stare, her heart fluttering distractedly at the closeness of his

face. GD forgot what he was about to say for a moment. Her face was a sculpture. It was that perfect.

He mentally slaps himself and attempts to glower at her. " How long are you going to keep doing this? " He drops his voice.

Sohee blinks.  " Keep doing what.. " she asks quietly. Jiyong breaks the staring contest and sighs tiredly. A weight lifting off his chest.

" Keep making me worried as heck about you. " He says softly, turning his face away.

Sohee stiffens. Then she feels her face warm instantly. She was about to answer but GD stood up and walks away, leaving her staring at his back.

---

It was about 10pm when Sohee and the rest of the girls came home. After Sohee gave a statement and get treated, they let her go home. The five

guys were eating their delayed dinner at the dining room when the girls came home loudly.

" We're back! " Sunmi announced, bouncing towards the dining room.

The guys all look up except Jiyong. Behind Sunmi was Sohee and the Unnies. The boys all rushed over to Sohee, making sure she wasn't hurt

anywhere. Jiyong remains oblivious to them and continues to stuff his face. Sohee glances at him sadly. She knows he's ignoring her again.

" Sohee-ah. Eat some dinner. " Seungri suggests.

Sohee shakes her head lightly." I'm not hungry. You guys go on, Unnie, you too. " Sohee offers a half-hearted smile.

Before any of them could protest, " Eat some at least. Don't go to sleep with an empty stomach. " Jiyong says loudly.

Sohee stiffens. GD wouldn't look up from his bowl, though. The group stood there awkwardly. Not knowing what to do exactly.

When Sohee doesn't reply, Jiyong finally raises his head. " You better come here next to me before I go there and drag you. " He says seriously.

Sohee flushes and hurriedly enters the dining room, lowering herself next to Jiyong. Jiyong glances at her briefly and began scooping rice for her on the same bowl he used. Sohee curls her toes. GD sets the bowl in front of her.

" Eat. " he orders.

Sohee flickers a glance at him, making a move to eat but realises that there was no spoon. Without hesitating, GD hands his used spoon. Sohee

widens her eyes. Indirect kiss. She takes his spoon hastily, her face flushing. She didn't dare look up at his face but he was turning red, too. GD clears

his throat and nods at the rest of them.

" Why are you guys just standing there. " He asked.

Each and every one of them had a snide and naughty smile plastered on their faces. Sunye strode in first, giving him a knowing smile and sitting

across from Sohee. The rest follows suit, with the same wide, knowing smile on their lips.

" How is the indirect kiss, Sohee? Oops! I mean- rice! " Sunmi corrects herself.

Sohee turns red and began to choke on her rice. All of them laugh at her reaction.

---

The next day, pictures of the fire and Sohee came out on the neighborhood paper. The article didn't elaborate much as the insurance company have

not yet reach a conclusion. The paper made it look like Sohee was the culprit.

Sohee groans silently. " They're gonna think I started the fire. " She squeezes her eyes shut.

Sure enough, Sohee's classmates made a show of not wanting to be near her and moved their tables further from hers and Sunmi's. Sohee sinks in her

seat guiltily. Meanwhile, Sunmi was sitting upright and revising her korean history intently. The teacher doesn't come in for another five minutes or

so. The class was in chaos, as usual. Some sitting on the tables, some playing with the blackboard.

" Yah new girl. Was it you who started the fire? " A male classmate asks loudly, causing every one of her classmates to fall silent and watches her

expectantly. Sohee didn't answer. Would they even believe her?

" I bet ten bucks she did! " A girl with the face of a toad says, crossing her arms.

The class became chaotic.

" I bet 20! "

" I bet 21! "

" I bet my whole month's pocket money! "

" I bet my mom's black lace bra! "

The guys erupted in Ooooohs. Sohee closes her eyes. Class hasn't even started yet. Sunmi throws them a murderous look. Before they could continue

their jeers, the class's door slide open. Jiyong stands at the door menancingly. The class fell into silence. None of them like Big Bang but they know

very well what he was capable of. Sohee didn't meet Jiyong's eyes. GD shoots a cold stare at the whole class and walks over to the guy who betted his

mother's bra. Girls uttered muffled squeals as Jiyong walks past. The boys parted to make way for him. GD tilts his head and touches the boy's

uniform, causing the boy to whimper. Sohee jumps to her feet, wary GD might pick a fight. Instead, Jiyong straightens the boy's bowtie.

" If they release a statement that my girlfriend didn't start the fire.... I want to see you wearing your mom's bra during assembly, Moon Hae Won. "

GD smiles coldly after glancing at the boy's nametag.

The class gasps. " Girlfriend!? " Some girls whisper furiously.

HaeWon raises his head and flashes GD an angry look before retreating back to his seat. As if on cue, the class disperses back to their original seats.

GD scoffs and walks over to Sohee, in his hand a carton of milk. He casually places the milk on her table.

" I remembered there's no more left in the fridge so I bought one for you just now. " He explains, looking at her softly.

Sohee curls her hair behind her ears shyly. " T-thanks. " She mumbles.

Sunmi clears loudly from her seat, cutting their moment short. Jiyong chuckles and ruffles Sohee's hair before retreating to the door. 

Sohee sat down happily, waving slightly to GD.

GD smiles and addresses the class. " Remember, Ahn Sohee is my girl. Any of you touch her or hurt her.... You're dead. " He warns, loosening his

tie before walking off. Right after, the homeroom teacher enters, the class stand up to greet and settled down. Ms Lee clasped her hands and sits at

the edge of the teacher's table.

" Okay, guys. We have good news. Thankfully... " She announces, pointedly looking at Sohee at the last part.

The class leans forward in their seats. " The fire caused yesterday was not by Ahn Sohee but because of a loose and worn wire sparking a fire. Which

lead into bugger flames. " Ms Lee informs.

Sohee and Sunmi breathe in relief, holding each other's hands. The class, however,  remain indifferent.

" What's the good news? " Someone at the back called out.

Sunmi curses under her breath while Sohee rolls her eyes.

Ms Lee smiles. " Good point, Jaemin. " The class laughs.

" Good news is.... our school will hold a charity talent competition to raise money and repair the burnt class! " Ms Lee continues happily.

The class erupted in cheers and whistles. Even Sohee felt a spark of excitement in her chest.

Sunmi crosses her legs. " This'll be fun. " Sohee and Sunmi gave each other a knowing smile.

 

------------------------------------

***Sorry guys, i know this is a y update. But I'm down with fever ;; and I felt guilty for not updating so here you go....