4

Be My Bad Boy

 

 

Sohee follows YeEun to a dance practice room. It looked fairly similar to the dance practice room Sohee used to go to back in the country side. 

YeEun has to personally coach Sohee intensively as JYP has scheduled her debut for this upcoming weekend.

" Here, put this skirt on, " YeEun instructs her to put on a wide blue skirt.

Sohee does as told. YeEun was wearing a similar skirt with a sleeveless pink top. Both of their long hairs are tied with a simple ponytail.

" Okay first, you need to occasionally flash your calves. The old men likes it. Flash gently and not too rashly. Remember to lift your skirt on one

side, and make sure they see your bare calve. " YeEun says, lifts her skirt as an example. Sohee nods and follows.

" Good, it's all about making these old men feel young without offering our body for sale. All about modest iness. " YeEun explains. Sohee

listens intently.

" We'll start with the instrumentals now, I'll repeat the steps thrice, then you follow with me and then dance by yourself. You ready? " YeEun says,

serious.

Sohee nods firmly. " Yeh, Seongsaengnim. " She says with a rush of excitement.

She was more than ready to dance. YeEun smiles at Sohee's eagerness and started dancing.

---

After four hours of dance training, the session finally ended. YeEun takes a gulp of her drink.

" You did really well. Most of the apprentices take days to master the steps, but you already got it. " She compliments.

Sohee drinks her own energy drink." I like dancing. Maybe that's why. " Sohee says sheepishly.

YeEun pats her arm." I'll take you to buy your stuff after this, okay? We'll buy your clothes and phone. " YeEun offers.

Sohee glances at YeEun in surprise." Oh? B-but I don't have any money." She stammers shamefully.

Yeeun laughs. " What do you think you're going to be a Gisaeng for? Your salary will reimburse our fees on you. Don't worry. " She smiles,

amused.

Sohee nods softly. " I'll try my best to repay the house. " She says determinedly. At that moment, YeEun's cellphone rings.

" Just a moment. " YeEun excuses herself as she picks up the call.

Sohee continues to drink her water. YeEun ends the call with a disappointed look.

" Wae?" Sohee frowns.

YeEun sighed. " Sohee ah, I'm afraid I can't accompany you tonight. Daesung called me for dinner. Aish he's always making last minute plans. "

YeEun tells her, muttering the last part.

Sohee shrugs with a smile. " Gwenchana, we can go another time. " She pats YeEun's arm cheerfully.

YeEun made a guilty face. " I'm seriously sorry, I'll shower now. He's waiting. " YeEun says, getting up.

Sohee nods in acknowledgement and waved YeEun off.

After she left, Sohee sighed tiredly." My ankles hurt. " Sohee says to herself aloud, clutching her ankle.

" Want me to massage it? " Someone greets her from the door.

" Omo! Jiyong-sshi. " Sohee says, clutching her chest.

GD laughs and approaches her." YeEun told me you needed to shop tonight. Want me to be your company? " He says, sitting down beside her.

Sohee glances up at him, " He can't be serious...What if I get caught?" She thinks.

" Don't worry, my job scope is to assisst the Gisaengs when they go out at night. " GD answers her unspoken question.

Sohee blushes at getting caught." B-but I feel uncomfortable. " She says honestly. Recalling GD's confession.

She turns redder at the memory and ducks her burning face.

Jiyong clears his throat embarrassedly, " Ah, if you're uncomfortable, I'll follow from behind so you won't see me. " He offers again.

Sohee giggles, her heart jittering nervously." It's not that. I-just- I'm not used to going out with a man. Or a boy. " She attempts a smile.

GD nods, considering. " I'll dress up like YeEun then, will that be okay? " He says with a straight face.

Sohee laughs, covering . He smiles at her laughter. Such a sweet laugh. He says silently.

" That won't be necessary.... okay, I'll go with you. Just give me a moment to shower and change." Sohee politely accepts and went to change.

GD grins as she walks away in that skirt. In truth, he regretted leaving her here to live as a Gisaeng. She will be entertaining old men, dancing for

them... and they can marry her if they like her enough.

" But it's okay, this will do for now. " GD says quietly.

---

" Here you go, " Says the phone seller, handing Sohee her new Samsung Galaxy SIII.

Sohee couldn't hide her smile." Thank you so much " She smiles, and bowed.

GD walks beside her with his hands at his back. Watching her smile and her hair covering her face as she ducks her head. His heart can never be still

when she's near him.

" Jiyong-sshi? " Sohee says, her brows furrowing.

He snaps out of his trance and blinked rapidly. " I'm sorry, you were saying? "

Sohee glances at him worriedly." I asked if you would like to grab dinner, before we continue shopping again. " She says, softly.

GD sighed in relief. " Oh, geurae, where would you look like to eat?" He asks.

Sohee ponders, glancing around." Can we eat meat?" She asks, her eyes excited.

Jiyong smiles. " Of course, there's a shop nearby, come on, I'm starving. " He says and walks a little faster.

Sohee catches up with him. The two enters the shop and places their orders.

" You like meat?" He smiles at her.

She wrinkles her nose. " Not all the time, I'm feeling a little tired, is all. " She grins.

Jiyong nods, leaning back on his chair. Sohee remains quiet, several questions playing in her mind.

" What are you thinking about?"

Sohee leans forward in her chair." It's just..... I was wondering, will the men I entertain marry me?" She says, a worried expression etched on her

face.

GD leans forward as well. " Well, if they like you enough. Every customer has three conditions he has to go through in order to marry a Gisaeng. "

GD tells her.

Sohee blinks at him in awe." How do you know?"

He chuckles. " I've been here enough to know. "

" What are they?" Asks Sohee curiously.

" Well, he needs to have a house for her, a regular customer,  and can afford to buy her needs. " He informs her.

Sohee nods," Is it true I can't be in a relationship? " She asks.

GD nods, then smiles mischievously. " Who would you want as a boyfriend in mind?"

Sohee blushes, " Not anyone now, but maybe in the future. "  She says embarrassedly.

GD folds his arms. " Ahh, tomorrow is a future, who would you want then?" He teases.

Sohee laughs. " I'm not ready for one just yet. " She says, ending the topic.

GD sighs, " Are you prepared to become a Gisaeng?" He says casually.

Sohee frowns thoughtfully." I am trying... it's kind of exciting for me. Dressing up, dancing, I like it. " She says with a soft smile.

GD clears his throat nervously." Uh, well. I have something to say." He says, not looking at her face.

Sohee held her breath, nervous all of a sudden." Yes?"

GD bites his bottom lip. " Well, every Gisaeng is bound to receive a token from an acquaintance the night before she debuts....And, I'd like to be that

person, if that's okay with you. " He says, face heating up.

Sohee raises her eyebrows in shock." Oh? Uh..... I don't mind... does it signify anything?" She asks.

GD shakes his head. " No, it's just a good luck charm. " He says

Sohee shyly smiles. " Thank you for choosing me to present a token, Jiyong-sshi. "

GD lets out a relieved sigh, happy she accepts his offer." Jiyong oppa. I'm your sunbae at school. " He corrects her.

She covers . " Mian, Oppa." She says, happily.

GD smiles wide. " Oh, and remember not to accept any other offer. " He reminds.

Sohee nods, confused." Why is that?"

GD pauses, " Well-its-just... not really nice for an apprentice to dress up too much. " He lies,

Sohee nods understandingly. She has no clue that a token given from a man is actually a sign that the Gisaeng is taken. Their food arrives at that

moment. Sohee rub her hands together hungrily.

" Mmm, smells nice. " Ji says, eyes shut in bliss.

Sohee takes a spoonful of her soup." Mmmm it's nice!" She says happily. GD nods, agreeing.

" May you succeed in becoming a Gisaeng. " He toasts, raising his glass. Sohee smiles and clinks her glass with his.

 

--------------------------------------