23

Be My Bad Boy

 

 

Everyone toasted to Heechul's last night as a bachelor. Sounds of the guys in their breath bitterly from the beer makes him smile. He was

going to miss all of these things, he realised. Especially since Sohee and the guys aren't that close-much less the girls. Tiffany sighs gazing at Heechul

in that sisterly manner.

" Can't believe you're crossing over to the dark side. " She narrowed her eyes as she says "dark".

Heechul laughs, a little off. Somehow he felt unsure almost surreal that he will get married tomorrow.

" What's that expression? " Donghae gestures at his troubled face.

He shrugs weakly. " I don't know, it feels almost like it's not real. I mean- for one- she doesn't even love me..... Can we be happy?" He ponders to

himself.

" That's your job isn't it? Making her happy. " Siwon says.

Heechul lowers his head. The only person who can make her happy is..... He sets down his glass. It was like something clicked in his chest.

Something that finally felt RIGHT. Heechul sprang up, surprising the others and himself. He wasn't one to be impulsive.

" Whoa whoa- What are you doing?" Yuri says while biting on a grilled piece of beef.

Heechul looks dazed, but determined. " That's it... I- I gotta find him... " He says and started out the door of the VIP room.

Siwon jumps and follows him. Heechul was already running down the hall when Siwon catches his arm.

" What are you doing?! " He hisses. 

" She has to be happy... and I won't be able to make that happen. " He half whispers.

Siwon drops his arm, confused. " Huh? " 

" I need to find Kwon Jiyong. I must. " He says with finality and stalks off.

••

Jiyong walks sullenly down the streets, trying to find any shop with soju to down his spirits perhaps. He held onto the arms of his backpack, carrying

the ache in his heart and Sohee deep in his heart. The streets were silent and he crosses the traffic without seeing a black car making a turn. Neither

did the black car see him. But it stopped just in time. Jiyong was frozen a few metres away from the sidewalk, mouth open but no sound coming out.

He was positive his heart was in his gut. The driver came out, a middle aged man looking distressed and worried. The back door opens and it was

none other than Kim heechul. Looking torn, worried and relieved.

°°

Jiyong downed more than three shots and his face was reddening. Heechul pulls at Jiyong's wrist forcefully and pushed his cups away from him.

" Kwon Jiyong- " He started but Jiyong held a finger up.

" Later on, you will find Sohee a little difficult to handle. But.... just keep on chasing her. " Jiyong says quietly. Heechul blinks, surprised. 

Jiyong straightens, looking sober. "Don't touch the topic of her past family, she doesn't like it. And when she's cranky.... " Jiyong broke off,

chuckling as he reminisces.

" When she's cranky.... so that she blushes. She won't be that much angry then. " He continues. 

Heechul glances at the teary-eyed Jiyong, his heart heavy. He knows this is the perfect time. It's their fate. But then.... where does he lie in between?

" And never.... ever.... break up with her. Worse. Feeling. Ever. " Jiyong says as he reaches for another shot.

This time a tear slipped his eye and Heechul doesn't stop him. He merely stares at his hands. Guilt sinking in. How could I ever come between the two

of them? He thought.

" Fulfill her dreams and wishes. Help her with all those. Because I can't. I'm not... rich enough. I'm not selfless enough. " Jiyong chokes on his

words. Heechul frowns and closes his eyes. For a moment, only Jiyong's cry was heard. 

his hands, Heechul voices out, " She doesn't care. "

Jiyong looks up. " She doesn't care if you're not rich. Or selfless so much as to go for your dreams. She doesn't. " Heechul says loudly. Jiyong's

forehead creases. He slowly shook his head, confused.

" You know her longer than I do. But can't you tell? She loves you so much she doesn't care. How can you not know?! " Heechul raises his voice.

Throwing Jiyong into a pit of confusion. " Huh...? " Was all his half sober mind could muster. 

" She's not happy. Not with me. She never will be. It's your fate... even if I met her first, she would still love you. Not me. " Heechul sinks into his

seat. 

Jiyong gapes at Heechul. Surprised at his confession. " What... What do you mean? " He asks slowly.

Heechul heaves a sigh. He says nothing. Then he takes out a set of keys from his pants and slides it to Jiyong. " I'm not getting married. " He says

without looking at Jiyong. Jiyong stares at the keys. Then it struck him. He sprung up, the stool falling behind him.

" What is this?! " He asks the obvious.

" A wedding gift. You can always sell it and get a smaller apartment. Do whatever you want with it. " Heechul shrugs.

Jiyong picks up the keys and closes his hands over them, his heart fluttering. With hope. He shifts his glance at Heechul's resigned attitude.

" But... she'll still have to pay her loans off. She'll be traveling back and forth. " Jiyong says.

" Nope. I paid her loans all off the night she agreed to marry me. She's a free woman now. Except she'll be paying her school fees on her own. "

Heechul informs him.

Jiyong feels his whole body come alive with his pulse accelerating. All they have to do is live together and work here and there. For now. And for

now- Jiyong's smile begun to spread widely- it was enough.

••

Sohee rests her chin on her hand, a thousand thoughts running in her mind. This morning their soap was already half empty.... there was barely any

milk left. Sohee jotted down whatever household items they needed to buy. Today is friday and Jiyong won't be coming back until tomorrow night.

He didn't come back last week... She sighs. The Gibang is too far and she's working late tonight. 

" Dinner alone again I guess. " She drums her fingers on the table sadly.

Even though they live together now, he's only home 8 days in a month. Or less than that. Sometimes she thinks their old days are better when they

can at least see each other everyday. Her vibrating phone snaps her out of her daydream. The pop-up displayed Jiyong's name.

 Won't be coming back this week, I'm so sorry TnT.

 Sohee sat upright, devastated and missing him more than ever at that instant.

" Ahh... life of a trainee's girlfriend. " She mutters regretfully.

The bell at the door chimes and in came a man striding. He was dressed well and went straight to the counter Sohee was.

" Welcome to Rainbow Flower Shop. Which of the flowers would you want? And in seperate stalks or bouqets? " Sohee chirps with a smile.

The man glanced around passingly, " 17 daisies. Mix the colours, and stalks please. " He says pleasantly.

Sohee broadens her smile and skipped over to the daisies section, easily arranging the colours and cutting the stem.

" Daisies are my favorite. " She offers, almost finishing up.

The man nods, " So I heard. "

Sohee frowns. " Sorry? " She missed what he said. The customer quickly shakes his head and takes out his bill.

After Sohee handed him the flowers, he smiles widely and waves the flowers. " Get home soon. "

Sohee blinks. " That was... creepy." she hugs herself.

She glances at the wall clock and found it to be closing time already. She jumps off her seat and cleans up the whole shop. She turns the sign to close

and sighs.

" Kwon Jiyong... I miss you so much tonight. " She whispers and lets herself out. 

Sohee came to a traffic light, hugging herself because of the cold weather.

Someone behind her taps her on the shoulder. Sohee turns, warily. You never know when someone wants to harm you! To her confusion, a young

guy possibly her own age held up a daisy.

Blinking, " Y-yes? For me? " She points to herself. The guy nodded, smiling coyly. She accepts the flower with a smile, her mood lifting slightly. 

As she skips across the road, she holds the daisy close, giggling.

"That was sweet, " She says to herself. Something was familiar but she couldn't grasp it. 

" Excuse me. " This time it was an unsure man, holding up yet another daisy. Before Sohee could ask, he forces the flower into her hands and rushed

away.

" Ok something is up. " Sohee frowns.

On her way back to their apartment relatively more than ten people handed her flowers, making her smile giddily on the way back. There was

something about the flowers; all of them were daisies.

" DIASIES. OHMYGOD. " With her hands full of daisies she finally realized. " Did Jiyong....? " With her chest full of hope she ran.

He must have lied, she shakes her head while a grin spreads widely. She raced all the way up to their apartment. Her heart was in . She ran

towards the end of the level where their apartment was at the corner. But his shoes weren't there. And everything was the way she left it. Realizing

she had been holding her breath, she lets it out. Her shoulders drooping and her hands with the flowers returns to her side. He must've wanted to

cheer up because he couldn't come home. She smiles sadly. Sohee reached in her bag for the house keys when a familiar pair of hands came around

her waist. Sohee was about to struggle when he buries his face on her shoulder. Her whole body ignited. Her breath hitches.

" I miss you. " He says. Sohee closes her eyes, leaning back into his chest. Surprised but relieved.

" I miss you more. " She whispers back, turning her face slightly so her lips brushes the side of his face.

His nose was red, he was wearing a black beanie and he had tears in his eyes. Her heart tugged at his state.

" What's wrong?" She touches his face.

Jiyong chuckles, a tear falling as he shake his head. He says nothing and pulls her into a tight hug. Her face nestled perfectly as it should between his

neck and shoulder.

" I'm having the Ahn Sohee syndrome. " He mutters. Sohee giggles and her world suddenly seems perfect with him in it.

" I love you. "

~FIN~

•°•°•°•
I hope you guys enjoyed it!!!!! Despite waiting for years, I know. I'd personally read back from the first at my own pace but maybe not- I'd realise my mistakes and cringeee.

Anyways!! Thank you all subbies for reading ♥ T.T this wouldn't -And I mean it- be possible without my bestfriend who edits my drafts because WHO HAS THE TIME TO UPLOAD TBH? 

♡, Me