20

Be My Bad Boy

 

Jiyong blinked. Then blinked again, frowning. We broke up. He realises.

" We... I.... broke up. " He whispers to himself in disbelief. 

Jiyong collapses on the bench, running his hand over his hair helplessly, then buries his face in his palms. Sohee blurrily pushes past the wooden

gates, tears falling willingly down her face. She didn't bother to hide them. Not now. She walks as fast as she can to her room, heaving and wiping

her tears away. She goes to the back of the building, where the back door to the room was. Sohee kicks off her shoes, leaving them on the stairs and

pushes her weight against the door, hand on the knob but merely leaning against the door. Openly crying.  burns and more tears pool in her

eyes, Jiyong's reminder rings in her mind. I won't be here any longer. She feels her chest squeeze, and sinks to her knees, helpless.

" I didn't really want to break up.... Jiyong, gajima. " She whispers and hugs her knees.

---

" Hyung... we have a week more.. why are you packing already? " Seungri asks with a heavy sigh. Jiyong ignores the maknae and continues to pack

some essentials wordlessly. 

" Yah. What's wrong with you? You've been nothing but cold to us these days. " T.O.P spoke gravely.

Jiyong zips a luggage up before replying nonchalantly, " We broke up. Sohee and I. " The room turned cold and silent. Everyone gaped at Jiyong.

" For real? " Taeyang asks half-whispering.

" Do you still love her? " Daesung quietly voices.

" Yes and.... yes. " He musters an answer.

" What happened. " T.O.P demands. Jiyong stares blankly into nothingness, not replying.

" You got angry again, didn't you? " T.O.P says flatly.

" I was too harsh. Again. I just- I don't deserve her. She's too.... nice." He says ignoring his choked up throat.

" Apologise then. " Taeyang says almost like a scoff.

Jiyong starts to look apprehensive but Seungri interjects, " Girls have soft hearts. Apologise. She'll be angry for awhile but once you say sorry... it's

all ok. " He insists.

Jiyong bites on his lower lip, thinking. " Thing is..... I won't be here for long.  What's gonna happen to her later? " He clenches his fists agitatedly.

The rest fall silent. He was right.

" The rest of the girls can take care of her. " Daesung suggests thoughtfully. Jiyong shakes his head. " The clients? I don't want her to tend to them

anymore. " He says.

" But she has to finish school, hyung. She needs the money. " Seungri points out.

" There are other ways for a gisaeng to get money besides tending to a client.... " Taeyang speaks up clearly. The members look at him in question.

T.O.P finally nods, " She could get her hair raised. That way, she only tends to her private clients and her "Husband" . " He says almost agreeingly.

Jiyong turned cold. He knows his friends are right... but he couldn't imagine Sohee living with someone else in that person's  house. And what if she

falls in love? Jiyong growls in frustration and buries his face into his palm. Seungri moves forward and crouches down before Jiyong.

" If there was one thing you'd like to say to Sohee to make up, what would it be? " He asks. Jiyong frowns, looking at Seungri.

•••••

" So it's really over? " Sunmi asks, leaning on her elbows in front of Sohee. 

Sohee brushes her hair deadpannedly, sighing." I.... guess." She shrugs.

Sunye sticks her lower lip out, doubtful. " I don't believe it though. A relationship doesn't end easily like that. " She says.

Sohee's phone buzzed, cutting the conversation short. Seungri's name flashes on the screen, ringing almost urgently. Seungri?

Sohee throws Sunmi a puzzled look before answering and excusing herself out.

" Yoboseyo? " Sohee answers, shutting the door behind her.

" Sohee?? It's me. " Seungri says.

" Yes. I know, I have caller ID. Why are you calling? " Sohee rolls her eyes.

There were some rumbling and munbling at the background. Sohee presses the phone closer to her ear, frowning.

" Hold on, " Seungri says. Before Sohee could interject, someone started talking at the background.

" I am. Not. Drunk. I....miss...my girlfriend. "  It was Jiyong. Sohee clutches her phone tightly, nervous.

" Hyung, put the glass down, you've had enough. " Came Daesung's desperate voice.

" DON'T!! I'm going to drink.... until I get drunk. " Jiyong slurrs. Sohee rubs her temples, Jiyong's unfocused eyes came into mind.

" You're already drunk. Stop. " T.O.P presses.

" Let me drink- please. " Sohee feels her toes curl-Jiyong was getting choked up. 

" If I drink alot... I won't feel this- " Jiyong breaks off, poking his own chest.

" This piercing ache. This nagging pain in my chest. " He continues. Sohee covers , her warm tears pooling.

" I miss her- but even if we get back together... I won't get to be with her. Because I'm selfish- Because I chose my dreams over the girl I really

love." Jiyong was completely sobbing now.

" Babo... " Sohee whispers, hanging up.

" We're at the nearest beach from the Gibang. Come quick. " Seungri texts.

Without pausing to think, Sohee races off to the beach, her heart yearning more than ever for Jiyong at that moment.

••••

It was dark, and really chilly. Her hair keeps flying around she had to tuck a strand repeatedly behind her ear.

" Where are you. " Sohee mutters, biting her thumb.

She looks around helplessly, it was dark all around and she couldnt hear the guys. Only the howling wind. Her phone vibrates in her palm. 

Jiyong

 The name flashes. Her chest tightens, sliding the answer icon.

" Sohee-ah, walk down to the shore..... I'm waiting. " Jiyong says quietly.

She swallows back her tears, nods as if he could see her and started to head to the shore. They still haven't hung up and she could hear him from the

other line, adding to the ache in her chest because he felt so near yet she couldn't touch him.

" Can you see me? " He asks. Sohee turns her head to the right, seeing no one, especially since it was dark.

" There is no one here, are you sure you're at the shore? " Sohee strains her eyes to find him.

" I'm right here. " He says from behind. 

Sohee turns around clutching her chest. Jiyong was smiling sadly, pressing the end call button, gaze never leaving hers.

Sohee clears , tucking her hair behind her ear nervously. " Where are the rest? " She asks, hugging her arms.

He doesn't reply, but keeps staring at her. Sohee lifts her eyes to meet his. 

" Are you still drunk? Do you want me to call a cab? It's dangerous going home like this. " She dials for a cab.

Jiyong pulls her wrist and envelops her in a hug, burying his face on the top of her head. Sohee stills, then softens into the hug, his warmth passing 

her body.

" I missed you so much. " He mumbles, kissing her hair.

Sohee forces the burn in down and nods, " I missed you too." She buries her face in his neck feeling shy.

" Are you blushing? " He asks knowingly. Sohee squirms and hits his chest. 

" Ugh, so cute. " He scrunches his nose up and kisses her nose.

•••

" You're not drunk, are you. " Sohee states.

Jiyong gave a guilty laugh. " Nope. We planned it. " He grins.

" I'm going to miss you, Ji. " Sohee sighs, playing with his hand. He freezes, glancing at Sohee. She doesn't look angry.

" Sorry. It's selfish of me, I know. " He takes her hand kisses the palm.

Sohee chokes back a sob and pecks his smooth cheeks lightly. " No. It's foolish of me if I tried to stop you. "

Jiyong gives a grateful smile, sighing." I can't stand the idea of you alone." He says honestly.

Sohee frowns. " What are you saying? "

Jiyong doesn't immediately answer. He avoids her eyes and tucks his hands in his pockets.

" I'm telling you to.... find someone that can take care of you. "

suddenly feels like sand." What do you mean? " She whispers with dread.

Jiyong visibly pauses for a moment before looking at Sohee seriously. " Will you get your hair raised by Heechul? "

 

 

•••