To be an Idol

Jongkey: Since the Jurassic Period

 

 

 

Instead of seeing Kibum’s face first thing in the morning like I had originally planned, I saw Jin-hyung’s face instead.

“C’mon Jonghyun-ah, we have to get ready.” He said, patting my back.

I sat up in Kibum’s bed, wiping my eyes. The other members have already woken up and started to get breakfast. I got up and shuffled to the washroom. Onew-hyung was in there, brushing his teeth.

“Oh.” He spat out his toothpaste foam. “Did you get your voice back, Jonghyun?” he asked.

I shook my head.

 

But it did come back. Yesterday. Why am I hiding it from the members? It’s a secret~

I’m just kidding; I’m hiding it because I just want to guarantee our debut will go well. The members think I lost my voice, so they’ll try even harder to cover up for me. It’s just a way to make them work harder~

The other members also asked if my voice came back. Of course, I said- or I indicated no. They all looked pretty solemn when I did, but Taemin pepped them up. That’s why I only told Taemin; I told Taemin my voice was back so he could make sure the other three wouldn’t be too depressed for debut. I feel pretty bad for tricking them like this though.

 

After munching a bit for breakfast, we all headed to the salon to get our outfits and hair done. We were using the same outfits from our music video, the blue and black ones.

This probably wasn’t the best time, but I was hungry for some Kibum. Was it because I didn’t eat that much at breakfast? I don’t know.

After being fitted for my outfit, I hopped over to Kibum’s changing room. He was also getting fitted by a cordi-noona. Kibum looked up at me while I was grinning like a fangirl. He smirked, and then said the most… flirtatious line ever.

 

“Like what you see?”

 

My face felt hot, but I continued smiling. Especially since the coordi-noona could hear him. I quickly made a heart with my hands and left. I could overhear their conversation as I did.

 

“You guys seem to have a close relationship.” The noona said.

Kibum laughed. “You have no idea.”

 

--

 

By 12, we got to the SBS Open Hall and made our way to the stage for rehearsal. We were so nervous; you could practically feel it in the air. PDs, cordi-noonas, camera men and other staff were scurrying off to their respective jobs in the busy hallways. Mixed in with the staff were other singers; the Wonder Girls passed us in the hallways. They took one look at us and asked each other who we were.

 

…Well that was embarrassing.

 

We also saw Taeyang, displaying his signature Mohawk and sunglasses, even though we were indoors. I immediately realized that I was the same height as him; except for the fact that his Mohawk made him like, two inches taller.

 

We got to the stage and ran through rehearsal twice. It was a good thing they didn’t make us sing, or else my charade would have been blown a lot earlier. Even though it was a practice, we were practically sweating between the billions of cameras and hot stage lights. So, this is the life of an idol.

Already exhausted, we followed our manager to our waiting room, where we were met by squeals and cheers. Looking around the room, I realized that we were sharing a room with SNSD. Three of them, at least.

 

Seohyun ran up to us. “WOW! IT’S SHINEE!” she cheered happily.

 “WOW! IT’S SONYEO SHIDAE!” Taemin laughed.

“You guys look so cute~” Jessica-noona cooed from her salon chair, getting her hair fixed. “Oh, the days when you boys were all trainees…”

“Well, I still consider them trainees!” Tiffany-noona chimed from one of the two sofas in the room. “They become idols later on today!”

“Ah-ha! That’s right.” Jessica nodded.

 

We awkwardly stood around until they told us to sit down.  After setting our butts down on the sofas, Minho asked the girls a question.

“Which one of us do you like best?”

 

“Omo.” Jessica-noona gave it a little thought, staring at each of us. “Taemin, definitely Taemin.” To which Taemin made a wide grin.

“I choose Taemin too!” Seohyun called. “Because he’s the only one that’s younger than me.”

Minho elbowed Taemin in the ribs. “Ladies’ man.”

 

“What about you, noona?” Kibum asked of Tiffany.

“Hmm…” she turned to me. “Jonghyun! He looks handsome.”

I gave her a smile, to which she pouted. “You should at least say thank you…”

Taemin coughed. “Um… Hyung can’t talk right now.”

 

The girls all turned their attention to Taemin while the other members sighed. “What?” they all said in unison.

“Hyung… Has laryngitis.” Taemin said rather dramatically. The girls were shocked.

“WHAT?!” Jessica repeated, while Seohyun and Tiffany had their mouths wide open.

I shrugged my shoulders. The girls then turned to face me, looking at me with pity.

“What are you going to do!?” Seohyun worried. “If he can’t sing live then…”

“Yeah, we went over this.” Minho sighed. “There’s nothing we can do, really.”

 

The girls were as silent as I have been for the past few days. They were eventually called to stage for their live performance of ‘Oppa Nappa’, which we watched on the TV screen in our room. We also watched the Wonder Girls’ performance of ‘So Hot’, Taeyang’s ‘Only Look at Me’, and MC Mong’s ‘Circus’.

 

 

 

 

 

The members were all solemn as the minutes ticked by until our debut, but I was happily swinging my arms around, guilt-free.

 

I’m having too much being mute.

 

 

15 minutes until debut.

 

 

 

a/n: ohohohoho! SPECIAL APPEARANCE: JETIHYUN!! 

I'm not COMPLETELY sure if they performed on Inkigayo on that day, but it does say sbs so whatever

What's better, TaeTiSeo or JeTiHyun? Basically I'm asking who is better, Taeyeon or Jessica?

BOTH OF  THEM ARE WONDERFUR  (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

why am i fangirling over snsd on a jongkey fanfic

Nevertheless my bias continues to be Tiffany. 

When Tiffany seduces Onew: 

"Omg Jenday pls stop making a fool of yourself"