Our Love is Grape-Flavored?

Jongkey: Since the Jurassic Period

 

 

 

Kibum yanked his door open, while Jonghyun was still holding his throat, crying.

"GUYS! GUYS!" Kibum yelled into the hallway. "JONGHYUN LOST HIS VOICE!!"

Within seconds, the other members rushed into Kibum's room.

Onew, chopsticks in hand, had eyes of concern. "Please don't tell me you said what I thought you said." he breathed.

Kibum shook his head sadly, and solemnly walked out of the room. The others kept staring at Jonghyun. Onew placed his hands on his shoulders. "Jonghyun..." he furrowed his eyebrows.”Please tell me this isn't true."

Jonghyun wanted to tell him so. He wanted to tell him it was okay. But he couldn't make any sound no matter how hard he tried.

"The debut date has already been decided..." Taemin started. "If Jonghyun-hyung can't sing on a live show, then..." he turned to Minho.”Hyung, what are we going to do?!" he cried, with tears in his eyes.

"I don't know." Minho merely sighed. "It's his fault for singing so freaking much." 



Coming back from the washroom, Kibum kicked Minho behind his knee.

"OW- WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!"

Kibum pushed his wet bangs aside. "Don't be an ." he told him.

"When you stop being such a country bumpkin!!" Minho retorted.

Kibum glared at him. "...What?"

"You heard what I said."

"DO YOU WANT ME TO GO ALL DAEGU-STYLE ON YOU, PUNK?!" Kibum yelled, pushing Minho.

Suddenly Kibum felt a tug on his sleeve. Jonghyun looked at him with sad eyes, and then shook his head. Even though he didn't utter a sound, Kibum knew what he said.

"Please don't do this."
 

He sighed, and calmed down. “Only for Jonghyun.”


"Guys," Onew sighed. "Cut it out! This isn’t the time.” The leader thought for a moment. “Let’s not jump to conclusions first… I’m sure it’s not laryngitis.”

“What else could it be hyung?!” Taemin whined.

“It could be just a sore throat,” Onew explained. “And it’s not like he lost his voice forever, it will come back eventually.” The members were a little bit relieved.

“Then,” Taemin started. “Let’s do everything we can to get his voice back before d-day!”

They all agreed, and went off to find methods of recovery.

 

--

 

“JONGHYUN-HYUNG! DRINK THIS TEA!”

“JONGHYUN! EAT THESE HERBS!”

“HYUNG! SLEEP WITH THIS HUMIDIFIER!”

 

Jonghyun collapsed onto the sofa in the living room.  The members scrambling everywhere to find ways to make him feel better was making him feel worse. He felt like a little guinea pig, being used for all their medical research; at least he knew they cared.

 

They just cared a bit too much.

 

There was one thing bothering Jonghyun though… Kibum wasn’t doing anything to help him at all. It hurt him a little. “Does Kibum even care?” He pouted. He got off the sofa and went to see what Kibum was up to.

He was in the kitchen with Taemin. The maknae looked up from his thoughts. "Oh hyung! I thought of something else!" he chimed, while Jonghyun silently groaned. He tilted his head. "(What is it?)"

"Cough drops might help," he said. "Onew-hyung and Minho-hyung are about to go to the store for other stuff... Should I buy some?" 

"Not really," Kibum flipped a page in his magazine. He was at the dining table, reading. "We already have some."

"Ah really... What should I get then?" Taemin pondered. 

Jonghyun pulled his phone out from his back pocket.


<< From: Jjong-hyung!
Buy soup, please~ I've been craving for it since I lost my voice TTATT >>


Taemin laughed at his text. "Okay, okay, hyung. I'll be back with your soup!" he waved, and left promptly.

The house was silent, except for Kibum flipping his pages. He was too absorbed in his magazine to talk to Jonghyun. Again, Jonghyun pouted. 

Kibum's phone rang, vibrating across the table top.


<< From: Jjong
Talk to me~!! Q-Q >>


Kibum read his text, and looked up to face Jonghyun, who was pouting out of oblivion. He chuckled, and pointed to the seat across from him. "Sit down."

Jonghyun quickly sat down, waiting for Kibum to start a conversation; not being able to speak was freaking boring.

"How's it like being mute?" he asked.

Jonghyun responded with a thumbs-down.

"Well, if you want to get better, you're gonna have to be patient." Kibum closed his magazine and got up to take something out from one of the cabinets. He set a small container in front of Jonghyun.

"Eat these cough drops." he advised.

Jonghyun took a look at the label. Then he cringed.

Kibum raised an eyebrow. "What is it?" 

Jonghyun started to rapidly text something on his phone. After a few seconds, he showed the screen to Key.


<< I HATE GRAPE FLAVOUR >>


Kibum held in his laugh. "You... Pfft... Hate grape flavour? What's wrong with it?"


<< IT'S FREAKING GROSS >>


Key gripped his sides, doubling over. He eventually burst out laughing, soon calming down again, all while Jonghyun frowned at him.

Kibum stared at him. "Eat it."

"(No.)"

"Eat it."

"(No.)"

"Eat it!"

"(No.)"

Kibum sighed. He picked up one of purple cough drops and put it into his own mouth. 
"Hmm," Kibum hummed. "It doesn't taste that bad. Still don't want to?"

"(No.)"

"Fine. You asked for it."

Kibum cocked Jonghyun's chin to his face. He pulled Jonghyun into a sweet kiss; he took advantage of his surprise and pushed the cough drop through with his tongue. 

Once he made sure the lozenge was in his lover's mouth, Kibum broke off the kiss. Jonghyun blushed wildly, even though they've kissed before. Kibum's lips were so sweet... And let's not talk about that tongue.

Oh, here it was.

THE AFTERTASTE.



Jonghyun facepalmed the table, slamming his fist on it. The grape-flavored tablet was now dissolving. He wanted to puke.

Kibum laughed. "It is kinda gross." Jonghyun glared at him, teary-eyed. He grabbed his phone.



<< I hate you, Kim Kibum. >>

"I love you too, Kim Jonghyun." 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: dkljfklsdjlskdjflkjsdlkjmc i'm in love with this chapter :L

I got some ideas after reading the 'Can't See Can't Hear But Love' manhwa. The main girl is deaf, so she sometimes uses a computer to communicate.

The cough drop thing was all mine though ohohohohohohoh~

DON'T YOU JUST LOVE SADISTIC KEY

Or is it just me? AM I MASOCHISTIC?! You'd think I'd be more worried about that. 

oxlkjlkmvlkmx I realized this fanfic recieved over 1000 views~ YAY

^ That is a total happy virus

ok now have some ay dinosaur