Unni and Noona

Jongkey: Since the Jurassic Period

 

 

 

We were all resting in the recording room, tired after a month of recording our songs. Kibum was solemn lately, but I decided that he was just stressed and tired. Maybe I should’ve talked to him earlier…

We were just lying around, up to our usual antics when our manager walked in. “Kids,” he started. “The PD for your music video has found the right girl to feature in it.”

I sat up instantly. “SHIN SE KYUNG?!” I blurted. In the corner of my eye, I saw Kibum shoot a glare at me. I laughed nervously and tried not to make contact with his gaze.

“Hyung,” Minho said seriously. “Se Kyung-noona is only a noona to the three of us.” He pointed to himself, Kibum and Taemin. “Surely it’s someone a little older.”

I thought for a minute. “Then… LEE MINJUNG?!” Kibum’s skin-piercing glare was still pointed at me. Maybe I should stop talking now…

“Lee Minjung is a bit too old…” Minho muttered. “I mean, if you think about it, there’s a ten-year difference between her and Taemin.”

“I wouldn’t really mind…” Taemin giggled.

Minho slapped the backside of Taemin’s head and reminded him that he was a minor in very loud tone.

“Someone not too old and not too young, huh?” I hummed. I turned to our manager, who was listening in to our conversation, dumbfounded. “Jin-hyyunnng~ Give us a hint, would you?” I pouted.

He sighed. “I was going to tell you guys before you went all SHIN SE KYUNG on me.” He smiled, and pulled out a little note from his pocket.

 

“She’s a trainee.”

 

We let out a sigh of depression, sad that she wasn’t a famous actress or something.

“As long as she’s pretty.” Taemin laughed.

Jin-hyung continued. “Her name’s Song Qian, but she likes to be known as Victoria.”

“Wait, ‘Song Qian’?” Minho asked. “She’s not Korean?”

“Nope, the company scouted her in China a couple months ago. She speaks Korean just fine though.”

“More importantly…” I interrupted. “How old is she?”

Jin-hyung rolled his eyes at me. “She’s two years older than your oldest member. We need to use a noona, after all.”

 

--

 

About two days later, we were brought to a neighborhood near Seoul. We’re supposed to film individual shots at various places with Victoria-noona; the thing is, she wasn’t here yet, so we had some time to kill.

I stood in one place adjusting the headphones that were around my neck. I noticed Kibum was standing off to the side alone, holding a basketball in his hands.

I don’t know why, but he looks so cute when he’s lonely. Like a little lost puppy.

“Kibum~” I hopped up to him. He looked up at me with a poker face.

“Hey.” He said, nonchalantly.

Something was up; my little Kibum senses told me. “Is something wrong, Kibum?”

“Nothing’s wrong.” He replied emptily. I took his basketball away from him and we both unconsciously started a game of catch.

“No, there’s definitely something wrong.” I countered. “You can tell me, Kibum.”

“There’s nothing wrong.”

“Tell me.”

“There’s nothing wrong.”

“Tell me!”

“THERE’S NOTHING WRONG!”

 

At that last statement, he threw the basketball so hard I practically caught it with my stomach and fell over.

I curled up in a ball on the ground, clutching my sides as Kibum rushed over to me.

“ . I’m sorry! Are you okay?” he worried.

 

Too naïve, Kibum.

 

I rolled over and pushed him to the ground, and sat on him.

“Tell me or I’m never getting off.” I demanded.

Kibum stared at me for moment, before his lips quivered and started crying.

I watched, shocked, as he pressed his forearm over his eyes. Guilty, I rubbed his tears with my thumb. “I-I’m sorry Kibum…”

 

“…I-I-I… Feel i-inferior.” He sobbed, through hiccups.

“Inferior? To whom?” I asked.

“…To EVERYONE! T-Taemin can dance, you can sing, Minho can rap, and Onew can… eat, but I’m not good at anything…” he ranted.

“Aw, Kibum, that’s not true…” I pouted.

“Name one thing I’m g-good a-at.” Kibum removed his arm and paused his hiccupping for my answer.

Normally, I’d be able to go on and on about all the things Kibum was good at, but because of his intense pressure I went blank. DAMMIT JONGHYUN!

 

Panicked, I named the first thing that came to mind. “Y-YOU’RE GOOD AT KISSING!!” I blurted.

Kibum stared at me blankly. Then he laughed. And cried. Laughing and crying at the same time.

Wow, that was quick. Is he on PMS?

He shifted under me, signaling he wanted to get up. We sat cross-legged in front of each other.

“T-Then,” Kibum suddenly became adorably shy. “Can I kiss you?”

“But someone might see us…” I said, flustered.

“No one’s going to see us…” Kibum replied. “They’re all over there crowding around that girl.”

“…”

 

Crowding around that girl?

 

We both simultaneously glanced at the crowd of in the distance. The staff was surrounding a single girl.

Curious, Kibum forgot about kissing me and left to see what the commotion was. I followed him.

Merged in the crowd, our manager spotted us. “Guys, I’d like you to meet someone.”  He said.

He motioned to the girl next to him. She was very pretty, with long wavy hair and big eyes.

“This is Victoria-sshi. She’ll be in featuring in your music video.”

“Hello noona,” I greeted, bowing. “I’m Jonghyun.”

She blushed a bit, and introduced herself. “I’m Victoria, but I guess you already know that.”

Kibum also bowed. “I’m Kibum.”

“Nice to meet you, Ki-“

 

“YAH, KIBUM!”

We turned around to another girl behind us, who I found vaguely familiar.

Kibum stared at her. “Sulli?”

The girl named Sulli stared at back at him. “Yah, Kibum… You grew tall since we last met.”

“We met last week; when we were practicing Replay, remember?”  He scoffed.

Ah, now I remember. Sulli is a trainee in SM, and I’ve seen her barge in a couple times into our dance room.

“Anyway,” Kibum continued. “What are you doing here?”

Sulli folded her arms. “I’m occupying Victoria-unni since she’s on my team and just arrived to Korea. What about you?”

Kibum facepalmed. “We’re filming our music video. Victoria-noona is in it.”

“Ah, really?” she replied blankly. “Wait, how come you call Victoria-unni noona? How come you don’t call me noona?”

“Sulli…”

 

“You’re three years younger than me.” 

 

 

 

a/n: introducing Sulli, one of my two ultimate female biases~ >O<

I heard Key and Sulli were close so I kinda had to add her in lololololol

I'm still kinda stumped as what to write their relationship as. Nothing extreme, ofc.