Lost Voice

Jongkey: Since the Jurassic Period

 

 

Seven days until debut.

 

We, along with Victoria-noona, had to move a lot to different locations for filming. Of course, Sulli tagged along like puppy. An annoying one.

 

“Boo~ Kibum, you at lip-syncing~”

“Boo~ Kibum, you tripped~”

“Boo~ Kibum, could you be any more lame~”

 

The five of us were on the set, filming the dancing portion. Sulli was sitting off to the side, cupping her hands to so she could make sure I could hear her badmouthing.

I was so annoyed my eyes were twitching. The others seemed to be amused.

During break, Jonghyun came up to me. “It looks like you have a supportive fan there~” he teased.

I gave out my umpteenth sigh. “Supportive as in how a mosquito supports malaria, then yes.”

He laughed once, and then became serious. “…What’s your relationship with her?” he asked.

“Oh ho, is he jealous?” I smiled to myself.

“She’s a dongsaeng of mine. She’s cool when she’s NOT annoying.” I sighed again.

“Ah, really? You guys seem close.”

“Too close for comfort.” I muttered, before Victoria and Sulli came up to us.

 

“Guys,” Victoria-noona started. “I’m finished filming my shots so I’ll be leaving first.”

Jonghyun bowed. “Thank you for your work.”

Sulli turned to me. She ruffled my hair, while standing on her toes. “Nice job, Kibum!” She chimed.

“Well, sometimes she’s nice.

“…I hope they put in a weird shot of you!”

Never mind.

 

They finally left after saying goodbye, and we finished up the filming a couple grueling hours later.

We took a look at the shots, thanked the staff, and piled into the car to head home. The four of them fell asleep right away, but I finally had the time to think about what was happening.

 

We’re debuting in a week… My dream has finally become a reality. Three years of tears, frustration, and stress; and then I get to stand on the stage.” I felt a dose of adrenaline just thinking about it. I stared out the window, watching the night city scenery pass by. Suddenly, my phone rang in my pocket, startling the crap out of me.

 

What the heck, it’s like 2AM. Who could it be?

 

<< From: unknown number

Yaah babo~ this is Sulli! I got your number from Onew-oppa~ kekeke. SHINee fighting~!

PS. Buy me food next time. >>

 

I silently groaned, and pretended to throw darts at Onew’s sleeping face.

 

<< From: Ki-babo

You hurry up and debut too, babo.

PS. no.  >>

 

--

 

A few days passed quickly. After all, the members were pretty much dead tired; they mainly slept all day and only woke up for practice or food. Even peppy Taemin was snoozing most of the time.

Jonghyun, however, sang all the time, 24/7. He sang when he was in the shower, he sang when he was cooking, he half-sang in his sleep. The others weren’t completely sure why he kept singing, but they didn’t complain. It was like having their own little walking radio in the dorm.

It was a normal day as usual. Onew sleepily shuffled out of his bedroom to the kitchen. Jonghyun was washing the dishes, singing away. "Noona neomu yeppeo~"

Onew noticed that breakfast was already made. He sat down right away, after calling for the other three. 

Taemin walked in with a side bed-head, followed by sleepy Minho. 

"Oh, food." Minho grinned. "I feel like I've been hibernating for years." he stated, and started to eat. Taemin nodded, and joined his hyungs. 

"Kibum's not awake yet?" asked Jonghyun. "I'll be right back~" He skipped away to Key's room.

 

Alas, Kibum was still sleeping. He was half-covered by his blankets, his bed a wrinkled mess. Jonghyun chuckled at this sight. He shook the sleeping Key slightly.

 "Kibum~ It's time for breakfast!" he chimed.

Kibum groaned, and flipped himself over to face the wall. "I'm...Sleepy..." he mumbled.

"Come on, Kibum. You need to eat." Jonghyun sighed as Kibum muttered incoherent words.


Then he got an idea. "Kibum," he said. "Listen to this." he cleared his throat.

 

 



"Kibum is so pretty~ Looking at him, I go crazy~ But now I'm getting tired, WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP~!"

(Sing above line to the tune of Replay. Yes, sing it out loud. I dare you.)



He exhaled, happy with his variation of their title song. He bit his lip, waiting for Kibum's reaction.

He was silent. Until he burst out laughing, of course. Kibum flipped back over and faced Jonghyun, tears in his eyes from laughing too much.

"Of course I'm so pretty," Kibum pecked Jonghyun on the lips. "Thank you for waking me up honey~" he smiled.

Flushed, Jonghyun also couldn't help but smile. "No pro-..."

Key looked at him. "What did you say?"

Jonghyun coughed. "I said, no pro-..."



He tried to finish his sentence, but no sound escaped his mouth.

Kibum stared wide-eyed at him. "Jjong..." he was shaking.”...Do you happen to have laryngitis...?"

Jonghyun stared back. He held his throat for a minute. He couldn't talk. He couldn't speak. He couldn't sing.

Tears rolled down his face.

He couldn't even sob.

 



Three days until debut.

 

 

 

 

a/n: man, I FINALLY got over my writer's block (yay!). 

otl this fanfic is going to take forever to finish

i'm sorry for taking so long to update

here have some feels