Sunny Skies

Jongkey: Since the Jurassic Period

 

 

From one of the dance rooms in the SM building, ‘Beautiful Liar’ was loudly playing. Soonkyu was dancing, probably for a while, since she was drenched in sweat.

She was so focused on her dancing, that she didn’t notice Kibum standing in the doorway.

When the song was over, Kibum exaggerated his applause. “WOW~!! NICE JOB!!” he yelled.

Startled out of her trance, Soonkyu fell on her bottom. “Oh, hi Kibum! You came earlier than I expected.” She breathed.

“Than expected?” Kibum offered her a hand.

“Oh, don’t touch me, I’m sweaty.” She got back up on her feet. “You didn’t get my text?"

Kibum felt his pockets. “It looks like I forgot my phone at home.”

The girl started to wipe her sweat with a towel. “That’s alright,” she said. “I just needed to talk to you today.”

 

“Okay, what’s up?”

“How was my dancing?”

“Huh?”

“You saw it. How was my dancing? Honestly.”

 

Kibum thought for a moment. “I think you need to enjoy it a bit more.”

“Enjoy it? How?”

“You’re too focused when you’re dancing. If you’re too focused on making it better, then you won’t really get anywhere…” he tried to explain, but his words jumbled up. Kibum sighed. “What I’m saying is, you just need to have fun dancing too, if that’s good enough.”

“Huh…” Soonkyu crossed her arms. “Dancing isn’t really my thing, so I can’t really enjoy it.”

Kibum sat on the floor. “Then why are you trying?”

Soonkyu joined him. She sighed. “My uncle wants me to join one of the trainee groups in SM. But he hasn’t actually seen me dance yet. I want to work on it before joining…” she said.

“Ah…” Kibum got back up again. “Then you should do it like this.” He reenacted Soonkyu’s performance, but with more iness and energy.

 

Soonkyu burst out laughing. Kibum stopped. “What’s so funny?” he asked.

She took a moment to calm herself down. “N-nothing, it’s just that… you dance to girl songs a bit too well.”

 

“That’s because I enjoy it.”

 

Soonkyu and Kibum stared at each other for a moment.

 

“Fine,” she got up. “Show me how it’s done.”

 

 

--

 

 

“Aish, I died.”

 

“Just try again.”

 

“But hyung! This level is hard!”

 

“Do you want me to do it for you then?”

 

“No~”

 

“By the way…”

 

Taemin and Minho both looked up.

 

“Why is he pacing back and forth?”

 

“Jonghyun hyung must be worried about something.”

 

“…Oh well, not my problem. Press A already!”

 

 

--

 

 

“Wait wait wait wait.” Soonkyu said.

Kibum stopped dancing. “What is it?”

“Yah… I CANNOT KEEP UP WITH YOU!”

Kibum flaunted. “Too much?”

“Just a bit, yes.” She sighed.  “Let’s take a break.”

“If you insist~” Kibum sang, before skipping around a bit.

Soonkyu opened a bottle of water. Suddenly, she smirked. She walked up to unsuspecting Kibum.

 

“Kibum-ah~” She said cutely. “You like someone, don’t you?”

Kibum choked on his own spit. “W-What? No I don’t…” he sputtered.

Soonkyu scoffed. “Of course you do. You’ve been happy recently. You seriously like someone.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Kibum blushed.

“You can tell me~ It’s a girl, isn’t it?”

 

He stared at her blankly. “…No…”

“What’s with that reaction?” she laughed. “It’s not like it’s a guy.”

Kibum coughed. “A-Anyways! This is about YOU.” He placed his hands on the older girl’s shoulders.

“Go up to your uncle, and tell him that you want to become a trainee. Even if you think you lack something. I couldn’t sing for , but I’m debuting in a year. Heck, I still can’t sing for .” Kibum lectured.

 

They stared awkwardly at each other for a bit. Then she smiled.

 

“Thanks, Kibum.”

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

“I’m ho-“

“KIBUM!” Jonghyun yanked his door open and ran to the front door, where Kibum was standing.

“Whoa, calm down. What’s with you?” Kibum asked.

“Did anything happen?” Jonghyun worried.

“Huh? I just went to the SM building, that’s all.” He replied.

“Oh, thank goodness.” Jonghyun wrapped his arms around Kibum, and rested his head on the latter’s shoulder.

Confused, Kibum patted Jonghyun’s back. “There, there…?”

 

--

 

<< From: Soonkyu noona

Kibum~!!! My uncle said I can start training tmrw. Especially in dancing OTL We are debuting in a couple months, what am I supposed to do with little training!?!? Sigh~

Do you know Sooyoung? SHE IS TALL! I feel a bit intimidated. TT TT I’m older too~ Taeyeon unni is pretty, but her strictness makes up for it… Jessica is cute, but I won’t lose to her aegyo! Hmph!

Oh! I have one more thing to ask. I don’t really like my name, ‘Soonkyu’, because it sounds old. I want a stage name! Help me please? ^^

 

PS:  I realized you dodged my question on who you liked yesterday. I will find out someday! >>

 

Kibum stared at the long message. “She could’ve just written an email…” he sighed. “A stage name, huh?

He glanced at Jonghyun, who fell asleep on the sofa while watching TV. Kibum kneeled in front of him, inspecting his face.

Suddenly, Jonghyun shifted a bit, startling Kibum. Then he mumbled something.

 

“…Key to my…heart…”

 

Kibum had no idea what he meant, so he ignored it.

 

<< From: Kibum

Sunny. >>

 

<< From: Soonkyu noona

Hm hm… Sunny? Like 써니? That’s... A GREAT IDEA! Thanks, Kibum-ah~ <3 >>

 

Kibum put his phone down and thought to himself.

 

 

Soonkyu noona is Sunny... Because she brightens up my world.

 

He glanced back at Jonghyun.

 

But… The sun isn’t always there when you need it.

 

Kibum brushed his hand over Jonghyun’s cheek.

 

Jonghyun… Would be my sky. It can get a bit cloudy and gloomy, but it can also become clear and it’s always beautiful to look at. Plus, it’s always there. It surrounds my world.

 

The sun and the sky… Can be both taken for granted. I want both of them to always be in my world.”

 

“Always.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: oh dear lord a corny ending

Me thinks I'm gonna re-name all the chapters titles... Starting with this one ^^ 

The 'Jurassic' theme just disappeared now... OTL 

Oh man, 16 chapters already?! O_O This fanfic won't end anytime soon...

I'd like to take this moment to thank me subbies. (My subsribers) I reached 30 unique subs a couple days ago~ ^^ 21 being JongKey shippers!

Thank you for reading and commenting! I heart you all~! 

-- In Other News --

I watched a couple of JongKey vids on Youtube the other day. After I was done, I decided something.

JONGKEY IS REAL 

I ship them so much TT^TT 

Oh yeah, my friend bought sleathily bought me U-Kiss's DORADORA album for my birthday. 

At first I was like, omfg wat

Then I was like, omfg thank j00 so much

Then I was like, omfg I love you

THEN I was like, okey leave my house now 

I think my a/n's are a bit long I'll stop now