Jealousy has Debuted

Jongkey: Since the Jurassic Period

 

 

 

A/N: There is a miniscule amount of 2Min in here. See if you can find it! ^^

 

 

 

Before long, the awkward pair arrived to the SM building. Kibum and Minho went to the usual dance room to rehearse for the dance show. Jonghyun, Taemin, and Onew had already arrived.

“Hyung!” Taemin called. “Is your ankle completely healed now?”

Kibum gave Taemin a peace sign. “All healed!”  Minho turned to Jonghyun.

The older merely smiled at him. “Hi~” he waved.

Minho grabbed Jonghyun’s collar. “Never do that again. I got lost twice trying to find his house.” He whispered.

“Whoa, okay, calm down.” Jonghyun also whispered. “Well… Did you apologize to him? He seems to be in a good mood.”

“Actually… I didn’t.”

“WHAT?” Jonghyun loudly whispered.

“WELL IT WAS REALLY AWKWARD SO I COULDN’T FIND THE RIGHT TIMING OKAY.” Minho quietly yelled.

“Sheesh…” Jonghyun scratched his head. “I’ll let it go for now. Just… Just somehow find the right timing, okay?”

“Whatever.”

The two broke up their conversation and started rehearsal with the others.

“Kibum hyung, after Onew hyung, Jonghyun hyung and I, you come out and do your solo dance.” Taemin explained. “After you it’s Minho hyung.”

“Wait a minute…” Jonghyun said. “Isn’t this the order that we went into the haunted house in?”

The other four stared at him.

“Why would you remember something like that?” Minho asked.

“I remember a lot of things~” Jonghyun smiled, and stood behind Onew in a line.

“Okay, I’m starting the music.” Minho called.

“One, two, three… ONEW!”

“Four, five, six… JONGHYUN!”

“Seven, eight, nine… TAEMIN!”

“Ten, eleven, twel-“

“KIBUM!”

Everyone stopped and turned toward the door. Their teacher stood, glaring at Kibum. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m…Rehearsing.”

“I said you were suspended for six weeks until the next lesson. Which is tomorrow.

Jonghyun joined the conversation. “But teacher… Can’t Kibum do the dance show with us?”

“Absolutely not.” The teacher bickered. “I didn’t teach him the moves, he-“

“But we did.” Jonghyun stood his ground. “We taught him everything.”

Teacher was appalled. “You…” he sighed. “If you screw up, I will not let this go easily.” He said to Kibum.

Well.” Kibum thought. “This is fantastic.

 

--

 

The group stood backstage, ready to perform in less than five minutes.

Jonghyun walked up to Kibum. “Don’t let his words get to you.”

Kibum scoffed. “I won’t.”

The other three came up to them. “Alright guys!” Taemin cheered. “All or nothing!” he put his hand in the centre of their circle.

“Let’s do this.” Minho put his hand on Taemin’s.

“Win or lose, just have fun!” Jonghyun joined in.

“Teamwork.” Kibum added his hand.

“I’m scared.” Onew put his hand on top of the pile.

“FIGHTING!”

 

--

 

“I forgot some of the moves.”

“I spun the wrong way.”

“I tripped over Minho’s leg.”

“Well, your foot shouldn’t be there in the first pla-“

 

“Okay, okay hyungs.” Taemin interrupted. “Let’s just wait what our teachers have to say, yeah?”

Kibum stood up. “Like you should be talking! You were practically the star of the show!” He exclaimed, with the other members agreeing with him. Taemin denied it, although he was grinning from ear to ear.

The last couple of groups finished up their dances, and so everyone was called to stage. The teachers judged the groups one by one.

Jonghyun stood next to Kibum. “Hey...” he whispered. “Don’t you think the group next to us is kinda large?”

Kibum glanced once. “Yeah... They seem to have more than ten people. What is this company thinking?”

The two listened in to a teacher giving the large group his evaluation.

“...As you kids probably already know, working in a group is very difficult. Even more so when you guys when you have twelve people. But you have all demonstrated excellent teamwork. Lee Soo Man.” The teacher turned to the man next to him.

Lee Soo Man spoke up. “Everyone, this group will debut in a month. They will become the world’s largest boy band, Super Junior.”

Everyone in that group started cheering. Some started crying. After the commotion was over, the teachers started to judge the five members. However, Kibum’s mind seemed to be elsewhere.

 

Whoa...” Kibum thought. “Those guys are debuting already...That must be nice...

“Kibum-sshi?”

Alerted, Kibum regained his attention. He realized the chairman was speaking to him from the judge’s table. “Aish...Get your act together, Kibum!”

“Kibum-sshi...” the chairman spoke. “Originally I was not going to consider your debut at all.”

Kibum gulped. “W-Why is that?”

“You seemed to lack experience. And your singing could use some work.”

...Why don’t you just stab me now, freaking geezer.

“However...” Lee Soo Man turned to his right. “...My niece insisted that I give you another chance.”

Kibum’s head turned to the girl sitting next to the chairman. Instantly he knew.

The girl tilted her head slightly and gave Kibum a slight wave.

Lee Soo Man continued speaking. “Get along well with the other four, because your group will debut in a year.”

Now Kibum turned his head to Jonghyun. Jonghyun stretched his arms and came in for a hug. Kibum gripped Jonghyun’s shirt, with his tears nearly coming out.

 

Then Taemin jumped them and came for a group hug.

 

--

 

We walked backstage. I had a feeling my eyes were red and I still had the sniffles. We all sat in a corner of the large room, with the other groups. They were also crying because of their success. Jonghyun sat down next to me.

“Aw, Kibum~” he ruffled my hair. “You must be really happy to debut.”

“He must be!” Taemin chimed. “He’s the only one crying.”

“Ah, no.” Frog face said. “Onew hyung is too.” We turn to see Onew blubbering.

“WAH...DE-DEBOOOOOOOT!!” he cried.

 

All of a sudden, I heard a woman’s voice calling me.

“Kibum-ah!”

I looked behind me to see a familiar face. The girl I met at the park last week.

I quickly wiped my eyes and stood up. “H-Hi.” I greeted. “I didn’t know the chairman was your uncle.”

“Ah, I guess I never told you my name.” She laughed. “Soonkyu. Lee Soonkyu.”

“O-oh... Should I call you Soonkyu-ssi?” I asked, to which she hit me.

I held my arm, where the pain of her slap stung. “Don’t call me that!” she exclaimed. “Call me noona.”

“You didn’t have to hit me, noona...Anyway, thank you for saving my debut.” I bowed.

“No, it wasn’t a problem! I just thought you needed another chance.” she smiled.

“Kibum,” Jonghyun put his hand on my shoulder. “We’re going to out to eat as a celebration. You coming?”

“Oh, yeah, of course.” I turned to Soonkyu noona. “Then...”

She smiled. “Yes, have fun!”

 

--

 

How on earth did Kibum meet the chairman’s daughter? They look like they’ve known each other for awhile... I don’t know, I don’t like the sound of this...”

“Jonghyun.”

“Huh? Oh. Yes?”

“What are you going to order?”

It was then that Jonghyun remembered that they were in a restaurant.

He quickly picked up the menu and flipped the pages.

“Samgyeopsal, please.” He said, and passed his menu to Onew.

The leader turned to the waiter and said:

“Stir-fried chicken please.”