Daegu Key

Jongkey: Since the Jurassic Period

 

 

EDIT: Bolded is Daegu Key speaking. Daegu Key, ya hear?

 

<< From: Soonkyu noona

KIBUM!!  OUR DEBUT STAGE IS ON INKIGAYO RIGHT NOW!! WATCH IT >o< >>

 

Kibum stood in the middle of the front hall, reading his text.

Minho stood behind him. “YAH! Don’t block the path.” He scolded.

“Sorry.” Kibum absent-mindedly moved out of the way.

Kibum and Minho, along with Onew and Taemin, came home from their vocal practice. However Jonghyun caught the summer flu, and was stuck at the dorm. Besides, it’s not like he needed it anyway.

 

Jonghyun poked his head out from the living room. “Welcome home~” he said, although it was clear that he had a stuffy nose. So it came out as “Wercomft hommvef~”. His wet hair was covered with a towel.

Kibum looked up at the sick boy. “YAAAAAAAAH!! Go dry your hair right now! Do you want to get even sicklier?!” he worried, accidentally revealing his Daegu accent.

Minho scoffed. “Daegu everywhere…” he muttered.

“What was that?”

“Nothing.”

 

Kibum turned back to Jonghyun. “Right now!”

“Can you do it for me?” Jonghyun used his aegyo, which was supposedly effective even if he was sick.

“No,” Kibum walked right past him. “I need to watch something.”

Jonghyun pouted. “But I was waiting all day for you to do it…” he solemnly walked to the bathroom.

 

Kibum sat in front of the TV, and flipped channels, trying to remember what channel SBS was on.

“It’s on channel 63.”

“Thanks…” Kibum quickly turned behind him. Taemin was sitting on the sofa, like he just appeared out of thin air.

He looked at Taemin weirdly. “How’d you know I was looking for SBS?”

Taemin merely grinned, so Kibum shook it off.

 

The set of Inkigayo appeared on screen, with the hosts introducing the viewers to the show.

“Hey,” Taemin blurted. “Isn’t that Heechul hyung?”

“So it is… He’s an MC now, that’s pretty cool.”

The two of them sat through the show, watching performances from rookie groups such as Big Bang, KARA, and Wonder Girls. And of course, a performance by Super Junior themselves.

Jonghyun came out of the bathroom with his now dry hair. “What are you guys watching?”

“Inkigayo,” Taemin responded. “I think the next show will be more amusing though.”

Jonghyun looked confused. “Huh?” He was interrupted by Heechul’s voice going, “And now we introduce a new girl group… The nine members of Sonyeo Shidae and their debut song, Into the New World!

 

Immediately, Jonghyun’s face stiffened. He slowly turned his head to the TV and Kibum, who was sitting directly in front of it.

 

Finally.” Kibum muttered.

 

The song started, with the group’s name in the background in pink neon lights. Around the middle of the song, Sunny came out and sang her line. Kibum noticed that they put her stage name at the bottom of the screen, like they did with all the members. He smiled a bit at that.

Noticing his smile, Jonghyun stomped off to his room. Kibum noticed, and asked “Where’re you going?”

“Nowhere.” Jonghyun said sternly, although he didn’t intend to.

Worried about his vague answer, Kibum followed him.

 

Taemin was left alone in the living room. He grinned to himself. “Now that show was amusing.” He shut the TV off and skipped away to the kitchen.

 

--

 

Jonghyun slammed his door, only for Kibum to open it again.

“What’s wrong?” Kibum asked.

“Nothing.”

“Did I do something?”

“No.”

“Are you acting like this because you’re sick?”

“Yes.”

“…”

 

Kibum walked around the room, but Jonghyun stubbornly muffled his face into his pillow so he couldn’t see what he was doing.

Kibum spoke again.

 

“Hello? Yes, is this Jonghyun’s mother?”

 

Jonghyun instantaneously sat up in his bed, only to see Kibum holding Jonghyun’s phone against his ear.

He continued speaking. “Yes, this is Kibum. I’m working with Jonghyun… hyung.”

The sick one quickly thought to himself. “No…He couldn’t be… He’s faking it. He wouldn’t.

 

His eyes widened when he heard his mother’s voice through the phone. “Are…Are you serious…

 

Jonghyun tried to snatch his phone away, but failed miserably. His sick body was no match for Kibum’s stealthy dancer’s body. He covered his face and crouched on the ground, waiting for it all to blow over.

“Yes, I’m just calling to inform you that Jonghy- hyung has gotten himself sick.”

AGAIN?!” His mother’s voice was loud and clear from where Jonghyun was.

“Again, you say? Well, since ajumma seems to go through this a lot, can you tell me what to do to make him feel better?” Right after asking this, Kibum walked out of the room.

He came back after ending the call. Jonghyun looked up at him, with glaring eyes. Kibum smirked at him in return. “I even talked to your noona,” he said menacingly. “She called you stupid.

 

Jonghyun sighed in frustration. “What do you want?”

 

It was his first time speaking to Kibum like that, but he was so sick and irritated that he didn’t even care. How could he just call his mom like that…? It was his mom. She was going to kill him for being sick again.

 

 “You look so pathetic. Short, too.” Kibum crossed his arms. “Shorty.

 

That was it. Kim Jonghyun was angry.

 

He could take it if Minho or even Taemin called him short, but Kibum too? Like seriously, 5’8” was not that short!

 

Jonghyun shot up and grabbed Kibum by his collar. Surprised, Kibum staggered backwards until he eventually hit his head against the door.

 

What do you want?”

 

Kibum scoffed, as if he weren’t in a dangerous situation at the moment. “Violent when you’re sick, aren’t you?”

 

Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows. “WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!”

 

Silence.

 

“…If you don’t want anything, then leave me al-”

 

Kibum slapped both of his hands onto Jonghyun’s cheeks. “I want this.

 

He pulled Jonghyun’s face toward him, and gave him a long, passionate kiss.

 

Jonghyun was caught completely off guard. He was shocked, but also elated. He loosened his grip on Kibum’s collar, and his hands eventually caught hold around Kibum’s waist.

 

He was so happy; Kibum was kissing him. Jonghyun would probably jump out the window if this was a dream. But it wasn’t. The texture of Kibum’s lips, the pain of Kibum’s slaps, and Kibum himself… It was all so real.

 

The pair finally broke off the kiss, and gasped for air. Kibum let go of Jonghyun’s face to wrap his arms around his neck instead. Jonghyun rested his head on Kibum’s shoulder.

 

He just wanted to embrace him forever.

 

Jonghyun coughed. “Kibum…” he quietly said.

 

Yeah?

 

“You’re going to catch my cold…”

 

I wouldn’t mind catching your cold.

 

Jonghyun chuckled. “How cliché.”

 

…Jonghyun.

 

“Yes?”

 

I think my head is bleeding.

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: WOOOO! IS IT HOT IN HERE, OR WHAT?! ^^"

omg i love daegu key so much 

HE SHALL RETURN IN FUTURE CHAPTERS!

Jongkey is progessing! YAY! 

Taemin seems to know more than what you'd think... ;3

It seems like you guys liked the previous chapter. I did too. ^^ 

Dunno if I can write a good chapter like that again.. OTL

Thanks for reading, but this is not yet the end of Jongkey! >:D

(In case you're wondering, I'm planning to end it before they promote Sherlock.)