Funny Texts

Break Throughs ~[Part One]~

blackberry.jpg

 

A/N: Hello! SUMMER IS FINALLY HERE! I can write and update to my heart's content. Thank you to my subscribers who patiently waited for me to get through my last exams this week. Another thing I need to mention: Some of you are subscribed to XxMrs_ChoixX (if not, you should; she's great as a best friend and a writer). She is currently working on her first story called First and Last. I will be writing Ren/Minki's point of view on that story. If you're suddenly interested please read Mrs. Choi's story called First and Last.

Thank you everyone for reading my story; it means so much to me!~ ^_^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At four thirty p.m., we pile back into Courtney's Honda.

"This is the single most awesomest day of my LIFE!" Bonnie yells. She's flushed and grinning like a lunatic just like the rest of us. She clutching her phone in her hands as if it holds her life. In it are five new phone numbers.

I glance down at my Blackberry. My screen saver is now a brand new picture of me and JR. Looking at our pose brings back the feeling of his body along mine.

After the stunning dance that NU'EST performed for us (me), it was automatically assumed that we were all going to hang out. We went to the food court first. The ten of us decided on Subway and ordered our different sandwiches. We found a booth big enough for our party and settled down as we began to eat. I was between Aron and Bonnie.

BaekHo said something to Ren in Korean. Ren nodded, cut a bite size chunk from his roast beef sandwich, and speared it with the fork. Then, surprising us girls, he fed in to BaekHo. Ren asked him something. BaekHo said, "Yah, that tastes good. Here." BaekHo also cut up a piece for Ren and fed it to him. Wiping his mouth of leftover mayo, Ren nodded his approval. He glanced up and saw us watching.

He pierced another bite and held it an inch from Bonnie's lips. Her eyes widened in question and sparkled in obvious pleasure to be Ren's attention. He smiled his cute, cute grin and Bonnie took the food. Soon we were all swapping bites and having fun with it. There were bodies leaning across the table and stretching over people's laps. I think I had, like, all of five bites of my original sandwich before it was distributed to everyone else's mouths.

At one point Aron was reaching across the table and JR leaned towards me from behind him and held up a piece of turkey sandwich. I are it without looking at it and JR fed it to me while staring back. It was the best thing I've ever tasted coming from his utensil. I almost choked an on the lump of soggy bread when he smiled at me.

The remaining of any sandwich was gone within minutes.

Our group strolled around the mall after that, popping in and out of stores. We all sort of had a boy/girl buddy: Bonnie with Ren, Sasha with BaekHo, Courtney with Aron, Mellisa with MinHyun, and JR with me. I was ecstatic - and still am - about how easily and obvious it was for me and JR to click. We talked about our lives - how enormously different his life was now compared to before NU'EST's debut. My life seems so pathetic nest to JR's reality TV show life.

The boys went ballistic as Hot Topic. They touched everything, tried on all the accessories, "ooh"ed and "ahh"ed the flashing strobe lights and weird posters, and guffawed at the saying on the clothes. They grabbed at least one of every type of clothing and a bagful of trinkets while yanking out wads and wads of cash to shove at Aron so he could pay with the unfamiliar currency. Us girls were all so amused that we managed to convince each of the boys to buy a tacky feminine product. Bonnie her charm and purred Ren into getting a huge frilly yellow bow to hold up his white-blonde hair.

I pressured JR into buying a silver ring with an embarrassingly big pink heart gem studded with fake white diamonds along the edge of it. But JR laughed with me when I pointed it out and bought it without a fight - instead, he made me agree to purchase the ugliest and gaudiest looking gold chain with green beads. Hanging from it was a cheap plastic big gold money sign with the word 'BLING' embezzled across it. A plastic ring for a plastic necklace. I plan to lock this in the "good-times" box under my bed, especially since JR slipped it over my head with his own warm hands.

About an hour later, when I was due home, the ten of us swapped numbers and look a gazzilion pictures of each other, of all of us together, of Aron sitting on BaekHo's shoulders with the craziest look of bafflement on his face.

JR tapped me on my shoulder. "Picture?" he asked pointing as both of us. In answer I beamed and put my arms lightly around his neck as he looped an arm around my waist making me warm all the way through my toes. He held up his phone backwards and blindly snapped the shot. It was the cutest picture I've ever laid my eyes on.

When I took a picture with my phone, JR made a peace sign with his hand and tightened his arm around me, pulling me even closer to his defined body. Looking at my screen saver now I can tell just how happy I was when I snapped the photo.

I sigh with comfort and let my head fall back against the seat's headrest. It's when Courtney pulls into my driveway that I get a text.

The girls suddenly get quiet and train their eyes on me.

"Who's that?" Courtney asks, always the one to be suspicious. When I check, my heart leaps ridiculously.

ONE NEW TEXT MESSAGE FROM KIM JONGHYUN (JR)

"You lucky !" Sasha hoots from behind my head. "You got 'im falling over himself to get into your pants already!" She falls back on Mellisa's lap. I turn to glare at her gleefully. "It's a freaking text message, you ert!" I roll my eyes. Opening the message I'm nervous of what I'll find. Hi, Starr. It was great today but I never want to see you again. Have a happy birthday if you can manage to get through this text without sobbing.

What I find instead is totally off the map from what I expected.

A hidden-camera picture of JR lounging on a beige couch, absently playing with the ring I made him buy, and staring at an off-the-camera wall with a distant look in his eyes pops up. Edited into the picture are small hearts above JR's head. The text reads, Our leader can't stop thinking about you, Star. Can you help him? ;)  -  MinHyun & BaekHo.

I slam the car door shut to the onslaught of pig squeals and affectionate insults. I walk up to my house feeling like I'm a new-born angel. I'm confident that I could beat the Devil himself with the happiness and warmth in my heart alone.

Aww, how cute, I think as I run through the text in my head again. MinHyun spelled my name wrong.