Truth or Dare

Break Throughs ~[Part One]~

home12_Spilled-Water.jpg

 

STARR

So Amber's left me with the guys. Great. As soon as I'm the only female in the room, the teasing-torture begins. "Sooo . . ." Aron smirks, "do you always walk around with no pants on?"

I gasp. In my opinion, for the second face-to-face meeting with someone, that's too bold. "No! I was wearing shorts, you ! What about you; do you make it a habit to put your hands all over someone's best friend like that?" He laughs. "Eh," Ren answers. "That's their friendship. They act that way all the time." I feel my face twist in doubt. "Always so touchy and flirty?" Everyone nods.

I gesture at Ren. "And does she always act the way she did with you?" I ask shyly. He nods his head stiffly but doesn't contribute anything more. Hmm, I wonder what that's about, I think.

JR leans back against the couch behind his head. He tells me, "Amber fell for Len the day after she met us. She told the rest of us a week after that. Then she told him." JR sighs and I giggle. I knew what he was sighing about: when Amber likes a boy, she gets ex-ci-ted. She probably made them all exhausted with her hyperness; the way she clings to Ren must've caused him to pass out more than he would've liked.

I glance at Ren but all he does is lift a shoulder in a one-sided shrug and continues to not meet my eyes. BaekHo reaches across JR to poke my knee. "Should we start the game without little Spark?" he grins. 'Little Spark'? He doesn't wait for me to answer. He ask me if I want truth or dare. All the boys look at me. ^^; "Uh, let's wait for -" I start to say.

"I'm ba-ack!" I sigh in relief. Amber skips into the room, David behind her. She puts her water down on one of the side tables but doesn't sit down. She seems a bit on edge but I hardly notice it because BaekHo suddenly says, "I dare you and MinHyun to dance to 'Face'!"

My jaw goes slack. MinHyun chuckles pleasantly. Oh, sure, yah, you can laugh it up, pretty boy, because you'll know WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE DOING!!

"BaekHo!" I shout. "I can't dance like that! Half of the music video doesn't even have you guys on the screen!"

"Sure it does," JR says, trying not to laugh too much at my expense. He has the remote in his hand and he passes it to BaekHo. "Don't give that thing to him!" I cry. But honestly, I'm having fun.

AMBER'S POV

David has an intent that Starr - surprisingly - doesn't pick up. But Amber picked it up with clarity. The second he told everyone he was getting a drink in fact, Amber's sixth sense (yes, 'cause only Amber Steele can have one) detected abnormality. Who yells something so unimportant to a group of teenagers that could care less? So she followed him to the kitchen to find out what was ticking him off.

Now that they're back in the den, Dave's plan is crystal clear to Amber. Holding the water glass in his hand firmly, he casually gets closer to BaekHo. Amber smirks. Uh-uhhh, not to my oppa. She leaps forward and knocks into David, throwing her arms around his shoulders. He jerks, startled. "Ohh!" Amber yells. "I can't believe how much you've grown!~"

During Amber's sneak attack, the water accidentally spills on her instead.

STARR

"Amber, you got wet. Dave, be more careful with that!"

"Oh, Stardom, it's fine," Amber laughs lightly. "Just water. Can I borrow a shirt?"

"Of course, sweets," I answer. She takes the stairs two at a time.

AMBER'S POV

I don't think anyone noticed that David didn't apologize.

STARR

"Sweets?" JR asks me. I grin. "Yah. I've been calling her that since the fifth grade."

"I call her 'sweetie'. Close enough, yah?" His hair is obscuring his eyes right now. I have a strong, strong urge to brush it aside. Distract yourself. "Why do you call her 'sweetie'?" Amber said there was NOTHING between them. So how come . . . ? "Well, her stage name is 'Sweet Alice', yah? And she's like kin, so I've been calling her 'sweetie' for the past few months since she came up with that name."

"Ohh." Why am I so relieved? He doesn't belong to me; if he 'belongs' to anyone, it's to Amber, dammit! So stop giggling in relief!

David tromps up the stairs as Amber comes sliding down the banister wearing my off-the-shoulder, hot pink, rhinestone shirt. "Alright!" she yells. "Let's see how well my girl can get down! Hope you didn't get rusty without me here to help you."

"Help me?" I laugh and jump up. BaekHo figured out how to work the remote and MinHyun is ready. "I'm the one who taught you Beyonce's 'Single Ladies' dance!"

"Just show us what you've still got, babe," she calls as she sits next to Ren. MinHyun raises his hand up to me and smiles, excited. "You ready?" he asks. I grin and give him a high-five. "Ohh yah!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Yo! Okay, so this is a quick note: I notice that these characters are morphing a lot since I introduced them. They're shaping their distinct personalities and I couldn't have done that without the grand help of Alice~ <3

Stop blushing, Alice ^^;