But I Could

Break Throughs ~[Part One]~

 NU%E2%80%99EST1.jpg

 

. . . Do I want to reiterate the physical torture I went through? I was falling all over myself trying to dance – while my pretty partner was not only on beat, but he, y'know, KNEW ALL THE DAMN MOVES. But you know what? I was having the time of my life dancing (stumbling), laughing (being laughed at), and sweating (like a pig). I tried to copy MinHyun the best I could but I didn't get much, even when he paused the video and slowed down his moves for me. But it was fun and everyone was thoroughly entertained. And maybe I did managed to learn a thing or two, so MinHyun’s effort wasn’t all in vain.

I plop down next to Amber. Everyone has migrated to the floor in and irregular circle. "Alright," I laugh-pant. "I think I earned the right to pick on the next victim." I chose BaekHo, naturally. The next hour is spent in hysterical laughter, teary-eyes, red faces, and pressured bladders. Near three o'clock, Aron announced that they have to leave because his family that lives here is expecting them soon. Amber and I walk them to the door. We made plans to go shopping tomorrow earlier today after MinHyun commented on American fashion. Amber kisses them all on the cheek and we wave as they leave in Aron's SUV.

* * *

Amber sighs and flops down on my bed. She's sleeping over tonight. "Today was fu-un!"

 "Totally," I say. I'm lying next to her looking through the new additions to my phone's pictures. When I get to the one of Amber and Aron carrying out their dare, I scrunch up my face. That wasn’t the best dare to give them.

* * *

"I dare you two to roleplay!" I was pointing at Amber and Aron. "What kind of roleplay?" Aron asked pulling Amber up. "Whatever you want," I had replied. What I should've said was, "Age appropriate, mime it, stand still with five feet between the two of you." But I didn't know the extent of their special little friendship yet. They choose to play teacher and student. My smile wavered a bit. A ual roleplay? The moment it started, I regretted my choice of dare whole-heartedly. It got naughty immediately.

The first words out of Aron's mouth were, "Come're, you little y, stuck-up schoolgirl. Ditch that boy you call a man and let me show you what you really want." Within the minute they were in each other's arms. Just as Aron dipped amber back to expose , Ren threw his head back and groaned loudly in what sounded like frustration. Then I called it off before Aron could actually bite her neck 'cause I decided the rest of us were green enough.

* * *

"Do you and Aron always do this kind of stuff?" I ask Amber. I show her the one snapshot I got of their roleplay. In my opinion, it's the most innocent looking moment. It looks like their playfully waltzing. Amber gazes at the picture and smiles. "Yah. He's really sweet, you know." 

"I never said he wasn't."

"No, but I can tell you don't like him." I don't, really. She sighs and turns to me, propping her head up on her hand. "There's nothing going on between us either, Starr." I sigh too and roll over, half on top of her. I wrap my arms around her and put my head on her chest. "I'm trying not to judge him, sweets. But why do you let him hang all over you when you claim to love Ren?" 

Amber chuckles and I hear it amplified in her chest. "Are you judging me now, too? No, I treat those two very differently from each other and I make sure they both see that clear as day. With Aron, I flirt; with MinKi, I show him how much I love him with every word that comes out of my mouth."

"You really do, huh?" I ask with a sleepy smile. It's almost midnight. "Yes I do. I love him as much as I love you – just in an entirely different way," Amber says softly. She's also nodding off. "Then I guess I'll have to love him as well." Amber's quiet for a second. "Yah," she says. "Do you think you've fallen in love with JongHyun yet?" 

"No," I mumble.

She makes a barely audible humming sound as she exhales. "But you could," she whispers, falling asleep. I close my eyes and drift in to sleep, too.

"But I could."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello, my beautiful readers. If (pray for 'when' everyone, please) I actually finish this story all the way through, it's ALL because of you, everyone; I just want you all to know that and how much your support, comments, and subscriptions mean to me ^_^ Thank you so much!<3

And - I guess no one noticed - but apparently I can't count because, though MinHyun said he had five cats in the last chapter, I posted up SIX pictures ^^; I forgot that I took out the grey cat in my composition book when I typed it out so now MinHyun has six cats ;P Anyway, hoped you enjoyed this chapterrrrr~ Next: shopping! I'm having some funny (I hope) events that are going to happen so stay tuuuuuned~~